#1 BrandonsBeard

BrandonsBeard

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda. Kid Icarus. MK7.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Going through the topics and all I see, pretty much, is a bunch of threads on how much of a disappointment the Wii U is. Whether it is not selling next to all the previous competitors models or lack of 3rd party support or not being a "next-gen model", the argument is getting a bit old and overzealous. I saw this video last week that pretty much summed up my thoughts on the matter.

Never count Nintendo out. If you bought a Wii U for the fact of being an ass clown and complain all day, that is what you get. You can't buy a new console and expect to have everything upon release. What happened to the days where you grow with your system. The ties with whatever console you had made you the gamer you are. I have been avid on Nintendo all my life, so call me bias. But Nintendo has always come through for me and I don't see this failing.

Posted Image

NNID: BrandonsBeard

3DS: 2277-7039-6132

Message me before adding so I can input your ID as well

#2 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

The only real argument I've seen that can even be taken into consideration when rating the Wii U in a negative manner would be the sale numbers compared to the Wii, which still top Xbox and PS sales.

It's normal human psychology, Wii was a failure to most due to the lack of games that the Xbox and PS did get. People have grown more into the Xbox and PS due to this, and as you know: What people choose is the right choice, what they reject is the wrong choice. It's SERIOUSLY normal human psychology, and that's why you shouldn't even bother reading reviews or comments people make.

#3 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

I liked the video, and I am also getting tired of the argument. 3 million is two months is nothing to scoff at, even if their sales did take a dip after the new year. I think they'll be fine and the games will be visually stunning and will offer great gameplay. I have no doubt in Nintendo's ability to perform in this market and they have my money and my attention.

#4 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

I liked the video, and I am also getting tired of the argument. 3 million is two months is nothing to scoff at, even if their sales did take a dip after the new year. I think they'll be fine and the games will be visually stunning and will offer great gameplay. I have no doubt in Nintendo's ability to perform in this market and they have my money and my attention.

That's hardly a respectable number for a brand new next gen launch console with no competition. It should have sold a lot more although the confusing marketing by Nintendo and a lack of a strong launch line up didn't help.

#5 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

That's hardly a respectable number for a brand new next gen launch console with no competition. It should have sold a lot more although the confusing marketing by Nintendo and a lack of a strong launch line up didn't help.

Historically its very respectable. The 360 launched with no competition and did not get those numbers. In fact, they revised their 90 launch window sales projections down from 3 million to 2.5 million. Historically launching with no competition in the generation has not been met with success and for Sega ended in failure.

I agree that with more and better marketing they would have sold more, and the launch lineup could have been better, but it seems like they didn't even finalize the hardware or the SDK until very close to launch (relatively, within the year I suppose) given they are just now starting to get a handle on the hardware information they are providing to devs as well as the SDKs.

#6 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

sheesh, i cant WAIT till sony and microsoft show their console and games. they will hardly do anything triumphantly better than wii-u, yet people will still say " NOW we are in the next gen"
and to make it worse, if sony truly does have a screen on their controller.....i will flip out on the 1st person i see post or hear say that their controller is innovative...

#7 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! man im also getting SICK and TIRED of all the people complaining its gotten so bad that its driving me away from this forum. The WiiU is doing just fine people have to stop looking at all the negatives and look at the positives.

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

sheesh, i cant WAIT till sony and microsoft show their console and games. they will hardly do anything triumphantly better than wii-u, yet people will still say " NOW we are in the next gen"
and to make it worse, if sony truly does have a screen on their controller.....i will flip out on the 1st person i see post or hear say that their controller is innovative...

I wouldn't be so sure as that if I were you. Looking at Sony and Microsoft and what they've done in the past and what they expect from their hardware its very likely their new consoles will be significantly ahead of the Wii U in terms of features and quite likely performance.

As for a screen on Sony's controller where did you here that. The rumour has never been about a screen but a touch pad using similar technology to the back touch pad on the Vita. They are hardly one and the same.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! man im also getting SICK and TIRED of all the people complaining its gotten so bad that its driving me away from this forum. The WiiU is doing just fine people have to stop looking at all the negatives and look at the positives.

Its not doing fine and the only reason Nintendo are getting away with it at all is because they have no competition. Once Sony and Microsoft's new consoles are released Nintendo is going to have to significantly up their game, improve their marketing and communication to gamers and sign up a lot more AAA third party games to compete against their competition.

#9 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

I wouldn't be so sure as that if I were you. Looking at Sony and Microsoft and what they've done in the past and what they expect from their hardware its very likely their new consoles will be significantly ahead of the Wii U in terms of features and quite likely performance.

As for a screen on Sony's controller where did you here that. The rumour has never been about a screen but a touch pad using similar technology to the back touch pad on the Vita. They are hardly one and the same.

Its not doing fine and the only reason Nintendo are getting away with it at all is because they have no competition. Once Sony and Microsoft's new consoles are released Nintendo is going to have to significantly up their game, improve their marketing and communication to gamers and sign up a lot more AAA third party games to compete against their competition.

Ahead, perhaps, singnificantly ahead, highly doubtful.

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Ahead, perhaps, singnificantly ahead, highly doubtful.

Maybe, maybe not. We shall see. The Wii U isn't significantly better performance wise then the PS3 and Xbox 360. I suspect Sony and Microsoft's new consoles will be. The PS3 and 360 already provide user experiences the Wii U doesn't.

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Maybe, maybe not. We shall see. The Wii U isn't significantly better performance wise then the PS3 and Xbox 360. I suspect Sony and Microsoft's new consoles will be. The PS3 and 360 already provide user experiences the Wii U doesn't.

That goes both ways, Wii and Wii U provide user experiences that neither of the other consoles did as well. It's just a matter of which experiences attract a larger demographic.

And they do have competition, just as Orbis and Durango will be competing for dollars against their own previous iterations for the first couple of years of availability, so is Wii U. Some of the most anticipated launches in the 7th generation happened just in the past year, many right as the Wii U launched. The launch, just based on the numbers, is a successful one, whether you'd like to believe it or not. The launch window isn't as successful as Nintendo hoped, for sure, though, and they do need to step up their game and start releasing or announcing some big time exclusives, 1st or third party doesn't matter.

I have to say it's refreshing seeing someone play devils advocate without coming off as trollish.

#12 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

This thread is about the constant hate of wii u and how we should be more positive considering it is only been out for four months. Can you please post your pessimistic comments elsewhwere. there really is no need to post them here as there are plenty of other "doom and gloom" threads going around.

#13 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

current wiiU suspect GPU base is very similar to the xbox 720 leaked GPU. without the upgrades =/. i see a GC/xbox gen. GC games on avridge were worse, but some did top what xbox could do. but many fanboys will deny, even if nintendo came out with a $2000 PC consule for $350, the fanboys will still say it sucked.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

This thread is about the constant hate of wii u and how we should be more positive considering it is only been out for four months. Can you please post your pessimistic comments elsewhwere. there really is no need to post them here as there are plenty of other "doom and gloom" threads going around.

Rubbish. There is nothing pessimistic about my comments. They are realistic. They are also 100% within the context of this thread. Not to mention you don't own this site nor are you a moderator and can't tell me what to post or not to post. If you can't accept what's realistic then maybe you should stay out of this thread.

#15 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

And they do have competition, just as Orbis and Durango will be competing for dollars against their own previous iterations for the first couple of years of availability, so is Wii U.

I was about to mention this. Considering the Wii U hasnt been out very long and so has not recieved any next-gen or really big first party titles people will then look to see what PS3 and 360 are offering. And when they offer most of the same games for half the price, which console do you think they will buy? Especially in the current economic climate.

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

That goes both ways, Wii and Wii U provide user experiences that neither of the other consoles did as well. It's just a matter of which experiences attract a larger demographic.
And they do have competition, just as Orbis and Durango will be competing for dollars against their own previous iterations for the first couple of years of availability, so is Wii U. Some of the most anticipated launches in the 7th generation happened just in the past year, many right as the Wii U launched. The launch, just based on the numbers, is a successful one, whether you'd like to believe it or not. The launch window isn't as successful as Nintendo hoped, for sure, though, and they do need to step up their game and start releasing or announcing some big time exclusives, 1st or third party doesn't matter.
I have to say it's refreshing seeing someone play devils advocate without coming off as trollish.

I don't agree. The 360 and PS3 whilst maybe not as powerful as the Wii U provide overall a far better gaming experience. Apart from the Gamepad second screen the Wii U doesn't provide anything new. The online service on the Xbox is far more sophisticated. The PS3 has Playstation Plus. The online stores and account system as well as how content is tied to the account is far better on the PS3 and Xbox. Transferring content from one console to another is far easier on both platforms. The media playback capability is far better on both then the Wii U. The PS3 is region free. Do I need to go on. Nintendo has a lot to learn about the user experience.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 11 February 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#17 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

you should stay out of this thread.

"You don't own this site nor are you a moderator and can't tell me what to post or not to post."

First of all, chill.

Second of all, this is a thread about the OP (and many others) being "tired of hearing the same argument" and you are just starting this same argument. No, im not a mod and im well aware i cant tell you what to do, but i asked you to "please post elsewhere" because some people dont want to hear it for the millionth time.

#18 BrandonsBeard

BrandonsBeard

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda. Kid Icarus. MK7.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

I don't agree. The 360 and PS3 whilst maybe not as powerful as the Wii U provide overall a far better gaming experience. Apart from the Gamepad second screen the Wii U doesn't provide anything new. The online service on the Xbox is far more sophisticated. The PS3 has Playstation Plus. The online stores and account system as well as how content is tied to the account is far better on the PS3 and Xbox. Transferring content from one console to another is far easier on both platforms. The media playback capability is far better on both then the Wii U. The PS3 is region free. Do I need to go on. Nintendo has a lot to learn about the user experience.

If you are talking about overall gaming experience that is invalid. Gaming experience is solely based on that of the user. If you want to talk about the features that make your gaming experience great on other consoles, that is all good and well but that is just "YOUR" experience. Loyalty lies where you have had the best gaming experience. And for a dedicated forum to the Wii U, You are among a large community that would defend that till Nintendo really screws up, but considering this is still 4 months old and everything is still amazing. Let us grow without your comparisons because that is not the argument and will never be. The Wii U offers an experience not like that of previous. Go to Miiverse and see for yourself. Just cause it doesn't evolve the same way as Sony or Microsoft doesn't destroy the overall experience.

Posted Image

NNID: BrandonsBeard

3DS: 2277-7039-6132

Message me before adding so I can input your ID as well

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

"You don't own this site nor are you a moderator and can't tell me what to post or not to post."
First of all, chill.
Second of all, this is a thread about the OP (and many others) being "tired of hearing the same argument" and you are just starting this same argument. No, im not a mod and im well aware i cant tell you what to do, but i asked you to "please post elsewhere" because some people dont want to hear it for the millionth time.

I'm asking you to stop asking me what I can and cannot post. This is a forum and if you didn't know the meaning of a forum its a place for discussion. My comments are entirely relevant not to mention I was responding to others who had already posted along the same lines. I suggest you chill and and if you don't like what I post then don't read this thread or ignore my posts.

If you are talking about overall gaming experience that is invalid. Gaming experience is solely based on that of the user. If you want to talk about the features that make your gaming experience great on other consoles, that is all good and well but that is just "YOUR" experience. Loyalty lies where you have had the best gaming experience. And for a dedicated forum to the Wii U, You are among a large community that would defend that till Nintendo really screws up, but considering this is still 4 months old and everything is still amazing. Let us grow without your comparisons because that is not the argument and will never be. The Wii U offers an experience not like that of previous. Go to Miiverse and see for yourself. Just cause it doesn't evolve the same way as Sony or Microsoft doesn't destroy the overall experience.

It is totally valid. The PS3 and Xbox provide a far better user experience and rather then learning from their mistakes with the Wii Nintendo do a half hearted job on the Wii U. I've bought every Nintendo home and portable console since the NES except for the Virtual Boy and I've always been a big fan but unlike you and other biased people here I'm the first to criticise them when its necessary. I'm just as likely to criticise MS and Sony.

The Wii U is hardly amazing and has several flaws not to mention a poor user experience. And yes I have been to the Miiverse and it is cool but that along with the Gamepad and off TV play for some games is not overall a great user experience. Both the Wii U and Nintendo have a long way to go before they offer a gaming experience like that on their competitor's consoles.

#20 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'm asking you to stop asking me what I can and cannot post. This is a forum and if you didn't know the meaning of a forum its a place for discussion. My comments are entirely relevant not to mention I was responding to others who had already posted along the same lines. I suggest you chill and and if you don't like what I post then don't read this thread or ignore my posts.

Boy, you sure love to try and start arguments huh?

All i did was make a suggestion because im "getting tired of hearing the same argument", didnt
expect the person i directed it towards to act like a child ("you cant tell me what to do, youre not a mod!")

I guess you cant post anything these days without someone having a hissy fit...

oh well

Edited by Hunter, 11 February 2013 - 01:17 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, not next gen, dissapointment, get bent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!