• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Heffir

Heffir

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

I am looking for opinions, do you guys think the white Wii U is worth the buy? Is there any real difference besides the memory? I had a deluxe one pre-ordered and backed out a week before it came out because I thought I didn't want it anymore, but now I do again, really bad. I know I'd regret not having one when the new Zelda and Marios come out. I'd rather save as much money as I can though, so is the white one fine, or do you think the black one is better. Put memory aside, I want to buy a TB harddrive anyway.
$150 down, $200 to go. #DeluxeWiiU

#2 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

well, the black one is the only way I would go, but If you want it for these games coming out I would like to point out that Ocarina of Time 3D released in a bundle with a special zelda 3DS. I know they don't do this as often with home consoles, but I suggest you wait and see if they maybe release a special edition console. Nintendo usually waits a while before announcing special bundles consoles and Windwaker HD seems like a pretty good place for them to announce one (especially if they need a way to boost sales)

#3 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

if u use online services, white is a better choice in my opinion, because YOU WILL buy an hdd after all. The 32 gigs save u just a little time, except if u DONT use internet at all, so its more than enough. Also the fingerprints are less visible that the black one.

That is my personal opinion, read others to.

Edited by Orion, 12 February 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#4 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

you get 32 gigs with the black on, not sure if you still get ninty land. which is just a temperary spot filler game.

with both you will need a SD card or flashdrive for extensive online downloads(many games) 8 gig works if you dont get DLC or anything similar. you are left with about 3 gigs-5 gigs after the update on 8gig wiiU.

#5 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

They are also coming out with a ZombiU Deluxe set. Read that it comes out Feb 17th.

The Wii U ZombiU Deluxe Set comes with all the contents of the standard Wii U Deluxe Set, plus the addition of the ZombiU game, a black Wii U Pro Controller and a collectible booklet featuring artwork from the game and never-before-seen developer commentary. Nintendo Land will also be included as a downloadable game, rather than a packed-in disc. The jam-packed ZombiU Deluxe Set will be available at a suggested retail price of $389.99, a savings of $70 if all items were purchased separately.

#6 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I have the White, it was worth it.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Deluxe set comes with three stands.

deluxe digital promotion.

Nintendo land.

32 GB.

Oh, and it's in black.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Depends, if you want Nintendo Land with the console, you should already get the Deluxe console. Since you're saving $10 off the price of Nintendo Land. If you plan to download a ton of games, the Deluxe is the way to go ( but you will buy an HDD sooner or later). Not to mention you'll be rewarded for eShop purchases for the Deluxe. So it depends, the regular console is worth it if you're not interested in Nintendo Land or downloading much. If you want Nintendo Land and/or plan on downloading games, the Deluxe is the way to go.

#9 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Depends, if you want Nintendo Land with the console, you should already get the Deluxe console. Since you're saving $10 off the price of Nintendo Land. If you plan to download a ton of games, the Deluxe is the way to go ( but you will buy an HDD sooner or later). Not to mention you'll be rewarded for eShop purchases for the Deluxe. So it depends, the regular console is worth it if you're not interested in Nintendo Land or downloading much. If you want Nintendo Land and/or plan on downloading games, the Deluxe is the way to go.

And it also comes with stands

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#10 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yes the white Wii U is worth it, I have one.

I made the decision to buy white as I was buying a 500GB hard drive with it. I think the white is sexier, the console and gamepad get NO fingerpriints or smears like the black does.

It's up to you, if you were buying Nintendoland anyway then black might suit you.

#11 logitech

logitech

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Since you said you are getting a TB harddrive anyway, I assume you'll be getting lots of digital content. With the Deluxe version you get the digital promotion which basically reimburses 10% of your digital spendings for the next two years. Add in Nintendoland, the two extra gamepad stands, and the increased internal storage space, and I think it's worth the extra $50. Even if you aren't interested in Nintendoland, you could trade it in or sell it and recover some of that difference.

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Deluxe set comes with three stands.

deluxe digital promotion.

Nintendo land.

32 GB.

Oh, and it's in black.

the black part is more phycologicaly appealing =/

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

The deluxe set is a better buy. The only reason I have a basic is because Game$top screwed me over on my preorder.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

Well, I got the black version because the White GamePad can get dirty very easy. I saw a video from E3 last year and it showed the GamePad and the thumb sticks were COMPLETELY YELLOW. If they made a bundle with a white console and a black GamePad, I would have bought that in a heartbeat
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#15 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

Financially speaking.. No. The deluxe set provides you with the system and Nintendoland. Both of those separately would run you over $349.99 which is what the deluxe set costs. Not to mention the extra stands, Gamepad charger, etc...

#16 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

no the white is not worth buying.

#17 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

I wouldn't bother with the white one, Better value buying the deluxe. But at the end of the day its still a wii U.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#18 Dough

Dough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

no

#19 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Get the black one :)

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

I don't think so, plus I like my consoles and tech black it just looks smarter, could be good if your on a budget though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!