#41 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

The only thing we know is that Straight Right is working on a Wii U title for publisher Square/Enix. Back to topic-- Alex Ward have stated one of the best comments I've ever read and nailed it completely.

“Everyone wants to talk about this and that on the hardware, and it’s not as interesting to me. What’s really important is what we’re doing with the player experience. The games I’m playing on Wii U—Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U—what Nintendo [does], they just deliver excellent gameplay. It’s probably one of the big problems in the industry at the moment. Everyone—you guys—like to talk about specs and this and that. We’ve got to get back to just playing the game. And that’s what this game is about. It’s about a simple, fun experience. It’s not about 10,000,000 polygons and who does this and who does that.”

Alex Ward
Criterion Games' Creative Director for "Need for Speed: Most Wanted U"

I really wish more game developers and consumers had this attitude toward the game industry. I like good graphics and innovative ideas and everything, but the main thing is the enjoyment of the game

#42 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Nice they have added extra stuff for the WiiU, pity the game overall is pretty poor though, I had no interest in this on my other systems & I don't on my WiiU either.

#43 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

Nice they have added extra stuff for the WiiU, pity the game overall is pretty poor though, I had no interest in this on my other systems & I don't on my WiiU either.

That is a matter opinion. Personally I liked the demo I played on the other consoles but never got round to buying the game. I may get it on the Wii U.

#44 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

This is a nice little vid :)

#45 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

I'm assuming using the gyroscope functionality of the Gamepad to use it as the steering wheel is not the only steering option as it its never going to work well which is proven in that video.

#46 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

I'm assuming using the gyroscope functionality of the Gamepad to use it as the steering wheel is not the only steering option as it its never going to work well which is proven in that video.

no you can steer with the anolouge stick like normal :)

#47 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

no you can steer with the anolouge stick like normal :)

Yes I know. I was just making an observation.

#48 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

New Wii U demo:

Looks really good!
Posted Image

#49 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

this looks interesting! when is the demo coming out?

#50 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

I am not a fan of realistic racing games. I enojy the cartoonish weapons and mayhem too much to go without, but I will definitely be buying this game on the day it releases. Let it never be said I didn't show 3rd party devs support for their hard work and effort to release a quality Wii U title.

...I may even play this game a few times.

#51 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Not sure. If we get one, I'd guess early March.
Posted Image

#52 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

It does look really good.

#53 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

I will sya this looks better then the other console releases but definitive version? A racing game that seems to have a 30fps cap is the definitive version as apposed to an uncapped frame rate on pc.... really?

#54 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

I will sya this looks better then the other console releases but definitive version? A racing game that seems to have a 30fps cap is the definitive version as apposed to an uncapped frame rate on pc.... really?

They probably meant definitive console version, not the best version out of all the platforms.
Posted Image

#55 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

I really want to support this for the wii-u, but i dislike EA so much that i refuse.

#56 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Criterion Games is THE one developer who truly pushes the envelope and take full advantage of the Wii U hardware. Not sure if it's the GPGPU, but it's for sure a freakin' beast.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#57 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Yes, I'm actually looking forward to this game. I'm not huge on racing games, but after hearing what Criterion did to get this version alive, I'm more than happy to purchase.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#58 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

I suspect that's just a demo to show journalists and the general public how the game is progressing. I don't think its meant to be the kind of demo released to consumers to download and play on their consoles. That's not to say a demo won't be released in the future.

#59 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

I suspect that's just a demo to show journalists and the general public how the game is progressing. I don't think its meant to be the kind of demo released to consumers to download and play on their consoles. That's not to say a demo won't be released in the future.

oh ya i know , i was just asking because i heard that there was demo for this game coming out soon.

#60 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know that tomorrow IGN is going to have the first look at the cars that will be in the next three DLC expansion packs: Terminal Velocity, Movie Legends, and NFS Heroes. I sure hope Movie Legends has cars like they put in Burnout Paradise i.e. KITT, Ecto 1, DeLorean, and the General Lee.

IGN

Edited by Cerberuz, 25 February 2013 - 02:37 PM.

LordPickleton.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Need for Speed, Most Wanted, Wii U, definitive version

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!