• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#81 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

The 6 month old versions are still full price for this game.

No they're not.

http://www.shopto.ne...eed-most-wanted

http://www.shopto.ne...eed-most-wanted

http://www.zavvi.com...d/10643775.html

http://www.amazon.co...63294475&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co...63294529&sr=1-1

#82 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

It's $50 on Amazon.com, well, between 50-56, so yeah it's a little less there, but any retail location is selling it full price still.  That includes Fry's, Walmart, Target, Gamestop, etc.

#83 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

Looks like there will be a Demo for the game.

http://www.nintendo....Zzvvkig.twitter

LordPickleton.png

#84 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Are you kidding me?  Tell me if it's true....  I'm ultra hyped about it.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#85 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

I hope its good for others sakes, But im not a fan of rehashed games with a couple of extra "modes" added. 

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#86 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

ITS OUT TODAY PEOPLE :) whos defo getting this?

#87 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

It's $50 on Amazon.com, well, between 50-56, so yeah it's a little less there, but any retail location is selling it full price still. That includes Fry's, Walmart, Target, Gamestop, etc.

I was referring to the UK where I am. Here the other platform versions are heavily discounted and have been for some time.

Where on that link does it say there will be a demo because I can't see it.

#88 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

I was referring to the UK where I am. Here the other platform versions are heavily discounted and have been for some time.

Where on that link does it say there will be a demo because I can't see it.

Blind as a bat eh? :laugh:  

demoflag_eshop.gif

Game Overview

Need for Speed Most Wanted for Wii U, the definitive Most Wanted experience, utilizes the unique features of the Wii U GamePad to introduce “Co-Driver” where your friend plays using the Wii Remote and you can activate Boost U, adjust cop difficulty and change mods using the Wii U GamePad, as they race their way to the top of the Most Wanted list! 2012’s driving game of the year comes complete with full online play, the connected, open world city of Fairhaven and of course the hot cars and intense cop chases that made Most Wanted.

• Co-Driver Mode - Local Co-Op using the Wii Remote or Wii U Pro Controller, while another player helps them out using the Wii U GamePad.
  • Change Mods On The Fly - Change Cars and Mods anytime using EasyDrive, while your friend drives.
  • Unlock the Open World - The Wii U GamePad puts the city at your fingertips with a deluxe mini map.
  • Handheld Play - If your TV is in use, you can continue the Most Wanted action on the Wii U GamePad.
  • The Ultimate Speed Pack Free

Edited by Sorceror12, 15 March 2013 - 03:34 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#89 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

Sorceror12, on 14 Mar 2013 - 21:47, said:
Blind as a bat eh?   

Game Overview
Need for Speed Most Wanted for Wii U, the definitive Most Wanted experience, utilizes the unique features of the Wii U GamePad to introduce “Co-Driver” where your friend plays using the Wii Remote and you can activate Boost U, adjust cop difficulty and change mods using the Wii U GamePad, as they race their way to the top of the Most Wanted list! 2012’s driving game of the year comes complete with full online play, the connected, open world city of Fairhaven and of course the hot cars and intense cop chases that made Most Wanted.Co-Driver Mode - Local Co-Op using the Wii Remote or Wii U Pro Controller, while another player helps them out using the Wii U GamePad.Change Mods On The Fly - Change Cars and Mods anytime using EasyDrive, while your friend drives.Unlock the Open World - The Wii U GamePad puts the city at your fingertips with a deluxe mini map.Handheld Play - If your TV is in use, you can continue the Most Wanted action on the Wii U GamePad.The Ultimate Speed Pack Free

i couldn't find it either but did notice chasing aroua is half off. not sure how good it is though.

#90 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

demoflag_eshop.gif

Game Overview

Need for Speed Most Wanted for Wii U, the definitive Most Wanted experience, utilizes the unique features of the Wii U GamePad to introduce “Co-Driver” where your friend plays using the Wii Remote and you can activate Boost U, adjust cop difficulty and change mods using the Wii U GamePad, as they race their way to the top of the Most Wanted list! 2012’s driving game of the year comes complete with full online play, the connected, open world city of Fairhaven and of course the hot cars and intense cop chases that made Most Wanted.

• Co-Driver Mode - Local Co-Op using the Wii Remote or Wii U Pro Controller, while another player helps them out using the Wii U GamePad.
  • Change Mods On The Fly - Change Cars and Mods anytime using EasyDrive, while your friend drives.
  • Unlock the Open World - The Wii U GamePad puts the city at your fingertips with a deluxe mini map.
  • Handheld Play - If your TV is in use, you can continue the Most Wanted action on the Wii U GamePad.

In my defence I was looking at thread page on my phone when I posted that so missed it.

#91 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

demoflag_eshop.gif

Game Overview

There is no demo  :angry:

The demo must only be available when the game has been released in the respective region, always a bad sign when they hold a demo back  :mellow:

I have it on pre-order, but i think i will get the demo before i open the box so that i can send it back if it is rubbish.

has anyone got this game ????

is it any good, there isn't even a community on the MiiVerse for Need For Speed yet  :angry:  what the hell is wrong with Nintendo ????????????????????????????????

#92 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

sorry people false alarm lol went into game today all excited to pick this up when i was told it is now a worldwide release on the 22nd :( was supposed to be out today here,im gutted lol

#93 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

There is no demo  :angry:

The demo must only be available when the game has been released in the respective region, always a bad sign when they hold a demo back  :mellow:

I have it on pre-order, but i think i will get the demo before i open the box so that i can send it back if it is rubbish.

has anyone got this game ????

is it any good, there isn't even a community on the MiiVerse for Need For Speed yet  :angry:  what the hell is wrong with Nintendo ????????????????????????????????

I don't think this would fit in a Miiverse post anyways.

I have the game for the PS3 and I will tell you right now what you might not like about the game. Each car only has 5 races that it can do (seven if you count the newest DLC) which means once you do those five races you will have to move to another car. The car upgrades you get offline won't go over to the online part or the game, so you will have to unlock them again. A minor one, but one I don't like is the repair shop changing the color of you car every time you enter it to fix your car. (my mind just went blank) Using easy drive to change cars will take you all the way to where you found the car, so you will have to drive all the way back to that spot, but seeing the Wii U footage it looks like the Wii U version doesn't do that when you use the Gamepad to switch cars. When I played online there was no free roam there was only a little time given to free roam once the people completed the 5 challenges/races. You might think that if you didn't go to the starting point of the event it wouldn't start, so you can use that to free roam all you want. Well, you'd be wrong the game teleports you to the starting point after a short time making the event start.

I didn't play much of the online portion of the game because I wanted to save it for when I got the Wii U version, so I'll tell you what I do know. You don't have to worry, online the cars aren't limited to only 5 races, you can use any car you want unless if you need a certain car class for the event i.e. SUV, Muscle, etc. I looked it up (because I'm too lazy to do it myself)  and it looks like you can free roam if you host a private room, so as the host you can never start the challenges/races. When an event starts online they don't line you up, so if you are facing the wrong way you will lose time because you need to turn the right way. You can use this as an advantage later on once you get to know the races. Also don't get you tires popped before the event starts. It might not be much of a problem if the race has a repair shop close by or if you have the re-inflatable tires upgrade unlocked, but if your don't have the upgrade and there isn't a repair shop close by or there isn't one throughout the whole race it might cost you the race. It happened to me once it wasn't pretty, but I found it fun and challenging plus I was able to beat some people with my handicapped car. Like I said I didn't play the online portion for too long, so I might not know everything in that portion of the game (like being able to free roam in private rooms).

With all that being said I still had a lot of fun playing the game. Even if it's not better than Burnout Paradise I find it to be a good game. Hopefully it gets all the Dev. support Burnout Paradise got. I would also like to mention the demo for the PS3/360 came out after the game launched (15 days after to be exact).

LordPickleton.png

#94 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

I don't think this would fit in a Miiverse post anyways.

I have the game for the PS3 and I will tell you right now what you might not like about the game. Each car only has 5 races that it can do (seven if you count the newest DLC) which means once you do those five races you will have to move to another car. The car upgrades you get offline won't go over to the online part or the game, so you will have to unlock them again. A minor one, but one I don't like is the repair shop changing the color of you car every time you enter it to fix your car. (my mind just went blank) Using easy drive to change cars will take you all the way to where you found the car, so you will have to drive all the way back to that spot, but seeing the Wii U footage it looks like the Wii U version doesn't do that when you use the Gamepad to switch cars. When I played online there was no free roam there was only a little time given to free roam once the people completed the 5 challenges/races. You might think that if you didn't go to the starting point of the event it wouldn't start, so you can use that to free roam all you want. Well, you'd be wrong the game teleports you to the starting point after a short time making the event start.

I didn't play much of the online portion of the game because I wanted to save it for when I got the Wii U version, so I'll tell you what I do know. You don't have to worry, online the cars aren't limited to only 5 races, you can use any car you want unless if you need a certain car class for the event i.e. SUV, Muscle, etc. I looked it up (because I'm too lazy to do it myself)  and it looks like you can free roam if you host a private room, so as the host you can never start the challenges/races. When an event starts online they don't line you up, so if you are facing the wrong way you will lose time because you need to turn the right way. You can use this as an advantage later on once you get to know the races. Also don't get you tires popped before the event starts. It might not be much of a problem if the race has a repair shop close by or if you have the re-inflatable tires upgrade unlocked, but if your don't have the upgrade and there isn't a repair shop close by or there isn't one throughout the whole race it might cost you the race. It happened to me once it wasn't pretty, but I found it fun and challenging plus I was able to beat some people with my handicapped car. Like I said I didn't play the online portion for too long, so I might not know everything in that portion of the game (like being able to free roam in private rooms).

With all that being said I still had a lot of fun playing the game. Even if it's not better than Burnout Paradise I find it to be a good game. Hopefully it gets all the Dev. support Burnout Paradise got. I would also like to mention the demo for the PS3/360 came out after the game launched (15 days after to be exact).

what do you mean you can only use cars five times to race with ???

#95 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

Just wanted to let you guys know not everyone at EA sucks.

Well Criterion is the developer of Need For Speed Most Wanted and I believe a subsidiary of EA, however EA merely just produced the game and slapped their branding all over it.

If this game sells well, it may help repair relations with EA.

#96 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Did anyone see the advert for this game by Nintendo? It's just proved to me that Nintendo SUCK at advertising. Every damn game shows this kid and his father playing games together. Nintendo should stop the cheesy and quite frankly creepy family image, and concentrate on teenagers and young adults with their advertising.

​I don't really think many gamers wish to have their parents play games with them :/

#97 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

what do you mean you can only use cars five times to race with ???

There are only 5 races for each individual car which unlock mods for the car depending on which position you finish as. First place gets the three mods available for that race, Second place only gets two of the three mods, and Third place only gets one of the three mods. Once you beat those five races and unlocked all the mods for the car there are no other races available to that car. The only other races you can do with that car would be the 10 Most Wanted races where you will go one on one with one of the Most Wanted driver.

If the demo will be like the PS3/360 version than you will only be able to use three cars the Audi R8 GT Spyder, Ford Focus RS500, and the Porsche 911 Carrera S. There is  also the Aston Martin V12 Vantage you can drive, but there will be no races available for it in the demo and they only use it for you to drive it over to the Porsche 911 Carrera S so you can switch to it. The map will be limited as well, you won't have the whole map to roam in in the demo, it will have barriers to prevent you from going any farther. The good thing is you can earn 50,000 speed points in the demo which will carry over to the full game which will be enough to challenge the #10 Most Wanted racer in the game. Almost forgot to mention that the demo has a timer don't know how much time it gave you, but it gives you enough time to do one race for each of the three cars and still have some time left to explore. Once that time is over the demo will reset and you will go back to the very beginning of the demo. There was a glitch in the PS3 version that let you play past the end of the timer, but there are things that will want to avoid when this glitch happens. One is not falling in the water because during the glitch the game will not spawn you, so you will basically just sit at the bottom of the map unable to move forever until you rest the demo by exiting it because the timer wont restart it for you. The second thing you want to avoid which I'm not so clear as to how it happened to me, but I think it was because I too to much damage. I was crashing my car a lot because I was having fun and eventually I crashed into a van which ended up killing my car it wouldn't move the wheels din't rotate and it wasn't making any engine noises the only thing that worked were the tail lights and head lights. When you are in the glitch the repair shops won't work neither will easy drive and switching over to another car. 

I would also leave you with a tip. When you are trying to get away from the cops and you get out of their range you will enter cool down. What you want to do when you enter cool down is park you car in a secure location as soon as you can and turn off your car. This will increase the cool down rate and will get you a better time in Ambush races which the goal is to evade the cops as fast as you can.

Have fun while playing and good luck.

LordPickleton.png

#98 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

Did anyone see the advert for this game by Nintendo? It's just proved to me that Nintendo SUCK at advertising. Every damn game shows this kid and his father playing games together. Nintendo should stop the cheesy and quite frankly creepy family image, and concentrate on teenagers and young adults with their advertising.

​I don't really think many gamers wish to have their parents play games with them :/

I agree and as a 34 year old gamer i feel a bit like i was lied to,i loved the snes and 64 but after that nintendo went real kiddie,i bought the wii u because nintendo said the console was going to be aimed more at the hardcore mature gamer but all i see is a console aimed at kids and non gaming families just like the wii (which was crap!).

Nintendo are liers!!! and dont get me started on the way the mods mod on the online community side of it,people getting banned for fook all!!

Starting to wish i waited and saved for a ps4 and defo regretting selling my ps3.

I HATE NINTENDO at the moment but theres still time for them to bring me back round,we will just have to wait and see

Edited by syks-1, 16 March 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#99 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

I agree and as a 34 year old gamer i feel a bit like i was lied to,i loved the snes and 64 but after that nintendo went real kiddie,i bought the wii u because nintendo said the console was going to be aimed more at the hardcore mature gamer but all i see is a console aimed at kids and non gaming families just like the wii (which was crap!).

Nintendo are liers!!! and dont get me started on the way the mods mod on the online community side of it,people getting banned for fook all!!

Starting to wish i waited and saved for a ps4 and defo regretting selling my ps3.

I HATE NINTENDO at the moment but theres still time for them to bring me back round,we will just have to wait and see

I wouldn't say I feel that strongly  :laugh: But Nintendo really need a better PR company to advertise for them.

Edited by Penguin101, 16 March 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#100 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

There are only 5 races for each individual car which unlock mods for the car depending on which position you finish as. First place gets the three mods available for that race, Second place only gets two of the three mods, and Third place only gets one of the three mods. Once you beat those five races and unlocked all the mods for the car there are no other races available to that car. The only other races you can do with that car would be the 10 Most Wanted races where you will go one on one with one of the Most Wanted driver.

If the demo will be like the PS3/360 version than you will only be able to use three cars the Audi R8 GT Spyder, Ford Focus RS500, and the Porsche 911 Carrera S. There is  also the Aston Martin V12 Vantage you can drive, but there will be no races available for it in the demo and they only use it for you to drive it over to the Porsche 911 Carrera S so you can switch to it. The map will be limited as well, you won't have the whole map to roam in in the demo, it will have barriers to prevent you from going any farther. The good thing is you can earn 50,000 speed points in the demo which will carry over to the full game which will be enough to challenge the #10 Most Wanted racer in the game. Almost forgot to mention that the demo has a timer don't know how much time it gave you, but it gives you enough time to do one race for each of the three cars and still have some time left to explore. Once that time is over the demo will reset and you will go back to the very beginning of the demo. There was a glitch in the PS3 version that let you play past the end of the timer, but there are things that will want to avoid when this glitch happens. One is not falling in the water because during the glitch the game will not spawn you, so you will basically just sit at the bottom of the map unable to move forever until you rest the demo by exiting it because the timer wont restart it for you. The second thing you want to avoid which I'm not so clear as to how it happened to me, but I think it was because I too to much damage. I was crashing my car a lot because I was having fun and eventually I crashed into a van which ended up killing my car it wouldn't move the wheels din't rotate and it wasn't making any engine noises the only thing that worked were the tail lights and head lights. When you are in the glitch the repair shops won't work neither will easy drive and switching over to another car. 

I would also leave you with a tip. When you are trying to get away from the cops and you get out of their range you will enter cool down. What you want to do when you enter cool down is park you car in a secure location as soon as you can and turn off your car. This will increase the cool down rate and will get you a better time in Ambush races which the goal is to evade the cops as fast as you can.

Have fun while playing and good luck.

I don't like the sound of this at all, i'm going to cancel my pre-order i think.

:unsure:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Need for Speed, Most Wanted, Wii U, definitive version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!