• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#161 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

need for speed is pretty good, it is very much like midnight club not really a fave game of mine at all, i like the different challenges on multiplayer though, it looks very nice & the graphics are great, but for a arcade racing game the cars are not very grip very well, also i get a bit peeved off having the car get destroyed if i so much hit another car, loving the Bugatti Vitesse though  cheesy.gif

#162 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

alan666 how is the multiplayer side of the game...is it laggy or fine

#163 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

would love if you could unlock a need for speed most wanted u clothes

anyways does this game come with online pass like on the 360 and ps3 consoles or not ??

#164 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

It's a shame that none of the top review websites are covering this, I don't like IGN but they should be on to this!

#165 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

It's a shame that none of the top review websites are covering this, I don't like IGN but they should be on to this!

Maybe you're just being impatient. Its still early days yet. There are a handful of reviews by major sites already and I'm sure there will be more.

http://www.metacriti.../critic-reviews

#166 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

come on guys and girls id rather have a community member on here say wheather its brillant or rubbish than some media outlet that gets paid to do reviews

#167 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

Had about 30 minutes after work last night to finally fire up this game and I'll say its pure fun. This is the kind of game I could just sit around for a couple hours seeing how long I can avoid the cops and make them crash into each other  :laugh:  . Graphics are superb and look beautiful, frame rate is rock solid and the game does have depth. Exploring the features and online integration  will be cool as well.

I really like the co-op mode where you can change cars on the fly, cycle night/day etc. This game is well worth the money. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#168 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

Had about 30 minutes after work last night to finally fire up this game and I'll say its pure fun. This is the kind of game I could just sit around for a couple hours seeing how long I can avoid the cops and make them crash into each other  :laugh:  . Graphics are superb and look beautiful, frame rate is rock solid and the game does have depth. Exploring the features and online integration  will be cool as well.

I really like the co-op mode where you can change cars on the fly, cycle night/day etc. This game is well worth the money. 

Also I love the miiverse integration from the speed cameras to my fav the billboards, getting your Mii's pic put on it for jumping the car through them is fun, and if your friend jumps farther his pic is up in my game! Then I must beat it to make my rabbid look a like Mii's apear allover there city.

#169 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

trophys make the game last longer than expected

for example two people buy a ps3 version and a wii u version, which person will sell theres quicker........ that would be the wii u gamer

I never sell my games, man. Ever. Plus, I've been playing Batman: Arkham City since it launched, I still haven't done everything there is to do, and there are no trophies or achievements on the Wii U version.

So, you're point is invalid.

#170 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

^^^ Me too man.

I still haven't even beat Arkham Asylum or Amazing Spider Man or Zombie U. (Which is completely fine by me.)

Come to think of it, the only game that I have officially completed on Wii U is Super Mario Bros U.

#171 phantasystarfan

phantasystarfan

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:11 AM

I recieved my copy yesterday. I bought it off the EA site for $30 during the sale they had. I haven't played a NFS game since High Stakes on PC.

I played NFS:MW last night, and it is pretty good. It is really similar to Burnout Paradise, although I do like a few things better in Paradise such as stunt mode. There's different things you can do such as crashing through gates, billboards, running from the cops, upgrading things on your car such as nos, tires, the engine, etc. I did play online last night and it is pretty neat - there's voice chat, and you can do different activities such as racing, events (jumping over cars), cruising around and just talking. I would say it was worth the $30, but I feel $60 is a bit much for it. Also, I felt like a lot of the cars are hard to control at times when steering, but I feel that's just due to playing lots of Sonic and all stars racing. :)

I did like a lot of the car selections, as it reminded me of the older NFS games such as NFS: Hot Pursuit (the 1998 (?) one, not the newer on that came out). The Countach, Corvette, Aston Martin, Jaguar, McLaren F1 are all in there. You can play the game on the TV, or on your gamepad. If you play on your TV, your gamepad has different options such as changing the color of your car, turning traffic on/off, and changing to day or night settings. If you play on your gamepad, your TV goes to spectator mode kind of like in Nintendo Land. The graphics are really good as well, probably just as good, if not better, than on PC. I really liked them.

#172 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

^^ Nice, thanks for your thoughts on the game.

I'm still on the fence about picking it up simply because I just bought Lego City Undercover and Walking Dead: Survival Instinct this past week. 2 new games in 1 week is enough for me.... 3 is just crazy. Hehehe.....

Maybe I'll grab it when it drops in price or if I see it used somewhere. 

I'm very interested but I've got plenty of gaming to take care already. :)

#173 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

^^ Nice, thanks for your thoughts on the game.

I'm still on the fence about picking it up simply because I just bought Lego City Undercover and Walking Dead: Survival Instinct this past week. 2 new games in 1 week is enough for me.... 3 is just crazy. Hehehe.....

Maybe I'll grab it when it drops in price or if I see it used somewhere. 

I'm very interested but I've got plenty of gaming to take care already. :)

Its too bad you missed the sale on Origin for $30, thats where I bought my copy, just got it in the mail last night.  Definately pick it up down the road when you get the cash. 

#174 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

No Micro-tansactions and we will be fine and dandy :)

Signature_DK.png

#175 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Its too bad you missed the sale on Origin for $30, thats where I bought my copy, just got it in the mail last night.  Definately pick it up down the road when you get the cash. 

Yeah seriously...

I found out about the sale and then by the time I went on the Origin site it was already back up to the full $59.99 price point.

I'm sure I'll end up with this game when it drops below the $40 mark in a few months.

#176 DarkOneX

DarkOneX

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

I already had the PC version of this, I bought it on release for $36 on Greenmangaming and played it through and enjoyed it.  When I saw the Origin sale for $30 for the Wii U one I couldn't resist, and glad I picked it up again.  I spent a good 4 hours probably playing it and it's much more fun to play ont he big screen, it looks amazing, great job on the PC textures on the console, it's truly stunning.  I also really enjoy the addition of the Gamepad functions, I love turning off the traffic while doing races and switching night to day to see better, very fun, well worth it!  9/10

#177 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Been playing Need for Speed Most Wanted a few days now, it's rubbish   :angry:

Firstly how are police 4x4's faster than a Bugatti Vitesse & every other car in the game.

Why are the checkpoints not mobile, you miss a turn while driving a million miles a hour & if you turn back to pass the checkpoint you have zero chance of wining the race.

Why do the police only attack you in races & not the other drivers.

Why doesn't flat tires effect the speed of the other cars like they do your car.

I know the AI has rubber-banding but it keeps you behind the other cars, when you finally catch a car in Most Wanted opponents & pass them they are constantly on your tail & stick to you like glue.

I don't know if it is just the WiiU version but the rubber-banding seems to work in the opposite direction, to keep you a set distance behind the cars in front.

Disappointed   :(

#178 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Is it because IGN have given Need for Speed: Most Wanted U a 9 out of 10... alan666?

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#179 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

I wouldn't say I feel that strongly :laugh: But Nintendo really need a better PR company to advertise for them.

Or a PR company in general.

#180 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Or a PR company in general.

Zing! Don't they know how many millions and even billions companies spend on advertising that earns them back far more than what they spent in the first place, hell 90% of a film budget now-a-days is purely on marketing and advertising.

Nintendo are the poorest out of all three games companies with only a net worth of 18 billion, so I understand every cent counts, but Nintendo are literally not advertising the Wii U relying on only word of mouth to sell their products.

It's almost that they're ashamed of the Wii U. Even the 3DS got lots of TV ads with Robin Williams etc endorsing the product and games. We've now zip on TV....Word of mouth has got them quite a high amount but they could sell so much more. I guess it's because not all their products are functioning in certain regions and their games library should have been fuller at launch and they can't show of celebrities enjoying themselves because there's no first parties to show off? Who knows.... 

Edited by Penguin101, 28 March 2013 - 02:18 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Need for Speed, Most Wanted, Wii U, definitive version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!