• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#81 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

This is so annoying, I was quite shocked when I read this, my support for Ubisoft is slipping....................

#82 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

Rayman Legends was one of the only games I actually wanted, but now none are coming until somewhere around the middle of the year... This makes me quite sad. I still like the Wii U, but, only having 2 games, and no more (that I'm really interested in) until mid-2013... Eh.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#83 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

Whatever Ubi do now it will be to little too late, the game is over for Rayman on the Wii U, even if they change & release it in Feb people won't buy it.

#84 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Don't worry guys! There is still hope!

Knowing the game was 3 weeks away for release, they must have already printed the game, and packed them up. Only logical thing is that they must be sitting in a warehouse somewhere close to ubisoft HQ.

Now it's up to Blake and his trusty sidekick noonabites retrieve those copies before it's too late and the world is taken over by CUD, but on the way there they meet other adventurers such as abcdude and chaotix, while hilarity ensues. But before they can reach the gold septer of playstation, mignaga must save the trio before it's too late!!!!!!

Uncharted 4: Quest for Rayman Legends, out in theaters Febuary 38th, rated NC-17.

Edited by Abcdude, 08 February 2013 - 02:49 PM.

794144.png?13383682

#85 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Don't worry guys! There is still hope!

Knowing the game was 3 weeks away for release, they must have already printed the game, and packed them up. Only logical thing is that they must be sitting in a warehouse somewhere close to ubisoft HQ.

Now it's up to Blake and his trusty sidekick noonabites retrieve those copies before it's too late and the world is taken over by CUD, but on the way there they meet other adventurers such as abcdude and chaotix, while hilarity ensues. But before they can reach the gold septer of playstation, mignaga must save the trio before it's too late!!!!!!

Uncharted 4: Quest for Rayman Legends, out in theaters Febuary 38th, rated NC-17.

Hmm for some reason I would've thought Blake would be Noona's sidekick.

#86 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

What annoys me, and I know this is a different publisher/developer whatever, is that aliens colonial marines is launched on Tuesday but only the ps360 & PC versions Wiiu owners gotta wait. Funny how Sega or whoever aren't doing the same thing as ubi eh? Oh wait. No its not. Just wtf is going on?!?!
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#87 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

What annoys me, and I know this is a different publisher/developer whatever, is that aliens colonial marines is launched on Tuesday but only the ps360 & PC versions Wiiu owners gotta wait. Funny how Sega or whoever aren't doing the same thing as ubi eh? Oh wait. No its not. Just wtf is going on?!?!

accrington stanley

#88 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

This is my full take on the situation (i have just posted this on kotaku)

I was going to buy this for my Wii U, there are not too many games out for the Wii U at the moment i am interested in, the ones i am i already have, but on playing the Rayman demo i really liked it & ordered a copy, but now because of the delay i have cancelled my order, why you ask, well there will be other games out in Sept i want to buy including GTA V so i will not have the time or the money for Rayman then.
What Ubisoft fail to realise is that most people with a Wii U also have either a PS3 or X360 & because of the small number of games for the Wii U they would of brought the game now & not for the PS3/X360 because it is out now for the Wii U.

There is not that much coverage on the bigger sites or other media about this delay & the anger Wii U owners are feeling, the reason is not because of it being multi-platform but the delay of a finished game, Nintendo does take a little of the blame because there is nothing else to play on the Wii U, by this i mean no new games released, i still have the games i got at launch, but of course the main people to blame are Ubisoft, if you take the time to look at what people (Wii U owners) are saying on all platforms it is basically the same thing, they are 'pissed because of the delay' & by all platforms i mean sites like this (Games news), Facebook, Twitter, & of course on the U-Play MiiVerse, after viewing these over the last day or so it seems that the number of Wii U owners saying that they will not buy the game & have already cancelled orders are about 80% to 90%, yes it is that high, Ubisoft may have underestimated what the delay would do, but it is un-recoverable now, no matter what Ubisoft do it is going to be very very hard to win the people back, i myself do not think they can win anything over 10% back.

Of course by not buying it on the Wii U it could well prove the Ubisoft suits correct that the number of sales on the Wii U would be small but this number will now & forever be flawed because of the outcry & subsequent boycott of the game, the game is basically finished, because as i say many people who own a Wii U own a PS3/X360 will not buy it for those consoles either, so that means lost sales across the board, this is not including the negative impact on other Ubisoft games, that many are also calling for a boycott of, i myself have already cancelled my X360 order for Splinter Cell, i had reservations on the game because of what i was hearing about it on sites like this, but as i was cancelling my Rayman order i also did my Splinter Cell order.

Some say that Wii U owners need to grow up or get some perspective, but just how vocal would PS3 & X360 owners be if Rockstar said a month before GTA V release that it was being pushed back for six months while the game was being ported over to the Wii U, because even though i own a a Wii U, PS3 & X360 i would be as angry as i am now about Rayman, why because it is the principle.

Edited by alan666, 09 February 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#89 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

well the dev said the wii u was supposed to be the best vers :)

#90 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Well. That's it. That's the end. IT'S OVER. Ubisoft, say goodbye to my 60$.

86c.gif

#91 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

lol..what suckers we all are. roll on ps4/720...i can't wait to see what they have to offer. will then trade my ps3 and wiiU for 1 of them.
wiiU was full of promise but it's just not sold enough for 3rd party devs to have exclusives on it. you can't blame ubi for making more money...
also the secrecy in wiiu release titles is absurd in my opinion. i emailed nintendo about other things...i'll copy it in here..

Hello, i'm hoping you can shed a little light on when Aliens is being released? all other console version have been giving a release date while the wii U date is up in the air..with no information other than - released Q1? ..so by the end of March? The trouble with this, like Black Ops2 suffered..is that most gamers have either a ps3/360/pc along with the wiiU. Most people will not wait, especially if we don't have a date to wait for? Black Ops online is very poor in terms of online gamers compared to ps3/360. I think if the wiiU had been released in time for the launch of that game, the WiiU would have sold alot more. why will people wait when they can go get it next month for the other consoles? it's a shame, the wiiU is a great console, offers new experiences..but gamers are hardly the most patient of people..your doing yourself out of sales by not giving specific dates.
This also applies to the DLC for black ops2 aswel...every other version has a date...next month. Treyarch give the wiiu gamers cryptic messages...they won't say 'yes' or 'no' to whether we are getting the DLC as was promised..£55 i paid for that game, by the time the DLC is announced...if ever, who will buy it 6months down the line? then they will think there is no point in supporting the wiiU with future games etc..as nobody is buying it.
sorry to rant, it's just frustrating.
thanks for your time.
Dave.

(the response)..

Dear Dave Roberts,

Thank you for your email.

Nintendo has no official announcement about your query at this time.

We therefore apologize as we are unable to help you further, however you can keep updated for any further announcements or updates directly from us by signing up to our newsletter at www.nintendo.co.uk or by subscribing to the Official Nintendo Magazine, or by going on to the 'Nintendo Channel' via the Nintendo Wii Console, or alternatively by turning on your 'Home Notifications' on the Nintendo 3DS.
We hope this information helps you out, and we wish you a happy gaming experience.

Kind regards,
Hana

its nintendo we should be shouting a giant F U to

Yeah! Because they really slapped us in the face with awesome hardware, the most ambitious software undertakings they've ever gone through. Really pushing themselves to move much more quickly than normal, taking greater risks, and putting it all on the line... For $299 and $349. Selling at a loss. And then adding amazing capabilities like mii inverse, tvii, a truly innovative gamepad, etc.

How horrible of them.

How dare they not somehow force more people to buy their console even faster.

The system isn't perfect. Rarely is such a fast-moving ambitious project, that turns a company like Nintendo on its head, perfect. But theyre continuing to listen and continuing to work.

That is the best we could ask. And they're doing it.

Then they bend over backward for third parties at E3, even paying for their floor time to sell their third party games. In the case of raymab, Nintendo even used it in place of Mario with kiosks.

Nintendo has done all they can band they're not stopping.

You emailed Nintendo just to complain. They can't help it if you just don't like something. especially when the things you complain about have nothing to do with nintendo, but the third parties instead.

Maybe your name should be Trolledup20s...

#92 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Yeah! Because they really slapped us in the face with awesome hardware, the most ambitious software undertakings they've ever gone through. Really pushing themselves to move much more quickly than normal, taking greater risks, and putting it all on the line... For $299 and $349. Selling at a loss. And then adding amazing capabilities like mii inverse, tvii, a truly innovative gamepad, etc.

How horrible of them.

How dare they not somehow force more people to buy their console even faster.

The system isn't perfect. Rarely is such a fast-moving ambitious project, that turns a company like Nintendo on its head, perfect. But theyre continuing to listen and continuing to work.

That is the best we could ask. And they're doing it.

Then they bend over backward for third parties at E3, even paying for their floor time to sell their third party games. In the case of raymab, Nintendo even used it in place of Mario with kiosks.

Nintendo has done all they can band they're not stopping.

You emailed Nintendo just to complain. They can't help it if you just don't like something. especially when the things you complain about have nothing to do with nintendo, but the third parties instead.

Maybe your name should be Trolledup20s...

typical defensive fanboy comment. nintendo must have some blame for all these devz pulling out, no dates, delays etc. you don't know what goes on behind closed doors...something is clearly, very f king wrong

half the stuff nintendo promised for launch, have been broken..thats lying, thats nintendo

Edited by RolledUp20s, 10 February 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#93 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

typical defensive fanboy comment. nintendo must have some blame for all these devz pulling out, no dates, delays etc. you don't know what goes on behind closed doors...something is clearly, very f king wrong

half the stuff nintendo promised for launch, have been broken..thats lying, thats nintendo

Sometimes, I try typing with my feet too.

#94 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Sometimes, I try typing with my feet too.

good on ya

#95 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

nintendo must have some blame for all these devz pulling out, no dates, delays etc. you don't know what goes on behind closed doors...something is clearly, very f king wrong

I agree, I too have a gut feeling that the things we hear and read are only one half of the story. Nintendo must have been in contact with Ubi and other devs...but something must be wrong. Also...Why is Nintendo sooooo quite. I have not heard anything from them for at least two weeks...

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#96 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

No fanboy.

But it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

You want to blame Nintendo for decisions made by other companies, so be it.

Just don't expect Nintendo to speak for them. Or anyone to listen to take such nonsense seriously. Trolledup20s indeed.

I agree, I too have a gut feeling that the things we hear and read are only one half of the story. Nintendo must have been in contact with Ubi and other devs...but something must be wrong. Also...Why is Nintendo sooooo quite. I have not heard anything from them for at least two weeks...

Smells like typical third Party fear over a strong Nintendo lineup announcement at e3.

Nintendo is usually quiet until they have announcements to make.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 10 February 2013 - 01:36 AM.

#97 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

It's typical third Party fear over a strong Nintendo lineup announcement at e3.

But Nintendo relied upon them for February. They DID NOT bring any competitive software for this period. Ubi had the whole Jan-Feb-22March period for Rayman. Sure the title would only arrive on 28 feb but the empty period before that (Jan-Feb) made WiiU owners hungry for anything new. If they can't take that risk, they should quit publishing games.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#98 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

No fanboy.

But it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

You want to blame Nintendo for decisions made by other companies, so be it.

Just don't expect Nintendo to speak for them. Or anyone to listen to take such nonsense seriously. Trolledup20s indeed.

Smells like typical third Party fear over a strong Nintendo lineup announcement at e3.

Nintendo is usually quiet until they have announcements to make.

just to make an immature comment like yourself socialmuscle. Socialmuscle : daveapedia - socialmuscle Is someone who enjoys meeting up at social events with naked men, they engage in rubbing each others muscle (aka c o,ck)

Edited by RolledUp20s, 10 February 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#99 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

just to make an immature comment like yourself socialmuscle. Socialmuscle : daveapedia - socialmuscle Is someone who enjoys meeting up at social events with naked men, they engage in rubbing each others muscle (aka c o,ck)

Haha...his name is Socalmuscle. Not Social...I think it something tio do with Muscle Cars

Edited by Lupaie, 10 February 2013 - 01:51 AM.

#100 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Posted Image

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!