Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

No not Wind Waker HD - Zelda U

What do you want to see?

I was playing Assasin's Creed III recently and exploring the frontier areas and I suddenly thought "My god, please may Zelda U be this expansive" This would make a great lost woods or even Hyrule Field. You could hunt animals, explore and collect, mini-games and challenges along with optional mini-dungeons. You could have several areas of that expanse (with some loading times) and you could make the dungeons completeable in any order and have a non-linier sandbox gameplay story-line along with the ability to switch between characters with different abilities, multiple endings etc.

Now lots of people like Skyward Sword watercolour art style, however I think even though it's obvious they really need to show off their HD 1080p stunning detailed visuals as it's the first HD Zelda. However it doesn't completely mean photo-realistic (although it'd be awesome to see). Just something that looks GREAT in HD and really shows off the graphical ability. Hell maybe even do it in the style of the epic yarn series, have super detailed patchwork with beautiful textures and lighting? If it is watercolors again make sure the detail is high on making it really look like paint, maybe even have he paint swirl? But whatever they choose it has to show that Wii U is visually truly a next gen console.

These are a few ideas I'd like to see in Zelda U, what are yours?

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Umm.....

A new villain.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

It would be nice if it was made a bit longer and add more items to use so as to mix things up a lot more when it comes to facing enemies.....it would also be a good idea to add a mechanic of some sort to make the game more interesting/challenging....on top of those ideas they could also bring back signature traits from other Zelda's for example the timer in Majora's Mask

wjapt2.jpg

#4 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

It would be nice if it was made a bit longer and add more items to use so as to mix things up a lot more when it comes to facing enemies.....it would also be a good idea to add a mechanic of some sort to make the game more interesting/challenging....on top of those ideas they could also bring back signature traits from other Zelda's for example the timer in Majora's Mask

Speaking of Majora's Mask..... I'd like to see the new Zelda game take after that game's overall feel.

Posted Image

#5 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

I have a crazy idea for a Zelda U game, even though I hate The Legend of Zelda, this could make me play it.

I can tell that I'm gonna get a lot of hate from this, but if not then thanks!

So this game would be after Skyward Sword in terms of Chronology

Ganon, who is under the alias of a missing rupee-inaire named Zerez, creates something called the Soul's Den however people are not aware that its evil except for Link and Zelda, instead, people believe it is a vacation spot. They would together try to convince the public to stop going there or else Ganon (who no one knows what is) would steal their Soul. Zelda would eventually grow tired of trying to convince the public, and commit suicide by going to the Den. With Link thinking she is gone, he travels across Hyrule to find the triforce once again and sacrifice it to get Zelda back. Instead, when he sacrifices it, Zelda returns, but as Dark Zelda, who steals the Triforce. She runs off and claims that she can use the Triforce to re-unleash Ganon to Hyrule, like he had asked everyone who went to Soul's Den. Link would venture across Hyrule trying to stop Dark Zelda from unleashing Ganon, while trying to recover he by talking to Sheik, Zelda's hidden alias, who was not affected Soul's Den, which causes multiple mental breakdowns with Dark Zelda-Sheik. Throughout the story, Dark Zelda "dark-revives" from Link's past like Fi, Impa, and Ghirahim. Link is forced to take them down, all leading to the final confrontation between him and Dark Zelda. As she is about to release the Triforce into Ganon's Tomb, Link can make multiple actions, leading to Two endings.
-The first ending involves Dark Zelda releasing the Triforce into Ganon's Tomb, resulting in a battle between him and Link, in which Link wins and Ganon once again dies which releases everyone from Soul's Den and Zelda from the Darkness. The Triforce however, is lost for good.
-The second ending involves Link and Dark Zelda having a final battle, in which Link wins and he has to choose to use the Triforce to revive Zelda and break her from the Darkness, or use it to free the people from Soul's Den, to which Sheik (Still trapped in Dark Zelda) tries to enforce Link to choose this.
---If Link chooses to revive Zelda, she returns however she is ambivalent towards Link for choosing her over instead of freeing nearly all of Hyrule. She and Link return back to the castle, with a cliffhanger of Zelda's face as they walk away with one eye turning back to the Dark Color, and the other an image of the Triforce, and it turning Dark.
---If Link decides to let Dark Zelda die, and return to Soul's Den to free the people of Soul's Den, he sacrifices the Triforce, and everyone returns home. In the end, we witness a cutscenes of Link returning to the castle, with the view actually being First person, of someone down below, the person turns, walks away, and is revealed to be Ghirahim.

My concept for this game is called, The Legend of Zelda: Soul Sacrifice. It is an entirely different style Zelda, which definently make sit more interesting...at least to me...:P
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#6 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

i want zelda in the future were epona is a hoverbike and the mastersword is a lightsaber!!! this wud b epic!!!

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Umm.....

A new villain.

Just like skyward sword then.

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Yes, I liked Ghirahim... but it seems like we won't get him back... :(

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#9 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

A futuristic Zelda could be awesome!

#10 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yes, I liked Ghirahim... but it seems like we won't get him back... :(

Which is a good thing. You did say "new" villain...

#11 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

i just want a zelda to fill in the massive hole between mm and twilight princess, i doubt i'll ever get it though lol

wa3Nq7j.png

#12 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'd love to see a two character plot. Not only playing as Link but also as Ganon. And both characters actions influence the story on borh sides making switching between them really neccesary

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#13 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

A futuristic Zelda could be awesome!

Cyberpunk or Steampunk Zelda.....My God

I'd prefer Steampunk future though. You could fight a clockwork robot army or giant time beast made of cogs.....

http://i.imgur.com/P9WSu.jpg

The story could be set in Hyrule's "Future" where magic is beginning to be forgotten and machinery is replacing things. Link could be a Han Solo type character in that he deosn't believe in faries or magic and relies on the old fashioned way. He begins as a bad guy, a lovable thief, maybe even working alongside Ganondorf's grandson. However when he's visited one night by "the last of the fairies" he's "tricked" on a journey that convinces him to go on a quest for good against his former partner who was seduced by his grandfather's spirit and is planing to revive an ancient evil upon Hyrule.....

Here Link can venture through the many towns, cities, villages, lakes forest-swamps mountains/volcanos and deserts and meet other characters with different abilities to allow the adventure to continue. Characters are switched using a device invented by a mechanical genius who lives in Kakariko (now a medium sized town), it allows them to send video messages and allows Link to set waypoints on a map, change inventory, and swap characters unless online or local multi-player is enabled.

Edited by Penguin101, 18 February 2013 - 12:48 AM.

#14 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

Big open world

Non-linear structure

Bring back certain elements from SS (e.g
sprinting, bug/treasure collecting, upgradable items)

TP art style

Ganondorf as the main antagonist again

Give us the option of "Normal" or "hard" at the beginning and make hard mode really challenging.

Make good use of the gamepad, more than just map or inventory.

Romantic relationship between Zelda and Link again. It really added to the depth of the story in SS so if they can find a way to fit it into the story I think it would add a lot.

Also you should rename this thread "Zelda U ideas/discussion" that way people can post rumours/news about the new zelda here and we won't get millions of threads about it.

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

* Hookshot upgrade that increases how far the chain can reach, allowing for further access and enhanced traversal options. Perhaps another upgrade that allow you to limp the chain, or make it 'static' (for lack of better term) once more, allowing you to really explore.

* Crossbow, because crossbows are cool. Dual crossbows on horseback is cooler.

* Hard encounters. These enemies will appear at random, and will prove to be harder to kill than your average enemy. They aren't overly powerful like a boss, in that you don't have to weaken them to a crush state to deal damage, but they will interrupt your attacks and show a more aggressive AI than normal enemies. It's like going up against a Cactuar in FF that decides instead of running, it's 1000 Needles time.

* Normal, Relentless and Ruthless modes. Relentless mode involves enemies having large amounts of health, with mini-bosses, bosses and 'hard encounters' dealing one-off attacks or stat changes at certain points in their health. Ruthless is a mode that is like Normal, except that enemies will be largely more aggressive with their attacking game and stronger in their defensive game. In both modes, enemies will have their attacks strengthened by 1.5x and your health will recover at half the rate.

* Epona the Warhorse/More Bottles. Apart from just being a steed to travel on, Epona would have a backpack function, allowing you to store a small amount of items on her (bottled fairies for example) and additional ammo. That said, I reckon having 8 bottles, in which you hold up to 4 and rotate accordingly, is a fair addition, especially with a variety of items you can put into bottles.

* Playing as alternate characters. I honestly think it would be cool to play as Zelda, Ganondorf and perhaps another character or two accordingly to whatever the plot is, each with their own unique skills for that section. If executed well, it's a great way to break up the gameplay throughout the game, and more importantly, evolving each aspect of the plot.

* Time Travel. Travelling between eras of time in locations, to periods such as before civilisation, during civilisation, and after civilisation is nearly wiped out (as an example) in order to get past areas and solve puzzles, could be a great idea, and fits with the Hero of Time. On that note, I wouldn't like it if it meant tediously returning to a particular location all the time to do so. If that means altars of a form in strategically acceptable locations, then I'd rather that, but I'd also not want to say have an item to do it on command, because you could break a puzzle or two doing that.

* Love, Rivalry and Development. Although controversial I think, I did enjoy the Link/Zelda love and the Link/Groose rivalry effects. I wouldn't mind seeing that again, although it would be less high school drama and more "I'm a knight, you're a peasant, know your place, or prove me wrong, mate". I dunno, perhaps I've matured into a person who wants a deep and meaningful connection for character actions beyond "I'm Ganon and I takeover everything because I said so."

* Consequence. Although I think it might be hard on this particular franchise (because it's more or less a series that keeps adding to old formula without actually kicking the old formula and thus a lot stays the same), I'd love to see player choice and permanent consequence from those choices. Choosing to save Person A instead of Person B, may lead to Person C hating you and then later trying to assassinate you. Likewise, saving Person B instead of A may cause a fire to erupt through the town. Tie into this the potential of time travel, and you could add a really surprising element to the series. And then of course, you have the "Perfect Playthrough" in which you win every circumstance, given the right beforehand conditions. Although I will admit that's a massive stretch to even consider.

* Enforcement of Inventory. One of the things that really riles me up in previous entries is that you always have a few items in the inventory that barely get any usage. The Spinner from Twilight Princess is my go to example, but there are others like the Cane of Bryna. It could've been awesome land travel, heck water travel, and scaling walls to otherwise arduous to reach sections of the place easier to get to. It just felt like a one dungeon only item and I feel it's implementation to be poor. I'd just like to see a lot of uses out of things, especially the items that are new.

* Quick Travel Option. I think this one speaks for itself. I'm not saying I'm no explorer, but getting around on foot or horseback is tedious if you do it for everything. Potentially, you could make Time Travel 'stations' in my previous whatever it is I wrote to be quick travel points.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

Umm.....

A new villain.

Malladus, Demise.. We haven't seen Ganon in since 2006, which would be about 8/9 years until Zelda U releases. I want him back, even though I wouldn't mourn his absence.

Big open world

Non-linear structure

Bring back certain elements from SS (e.g
sprinting, bug/treasure collecting, upgradable items)

TP art style

Give us the option of "Normal" or "hard" at the beginning and make hard mode really challenging.

Romantic relationship between Zelda and Link again. It really added to the depth of the story in SS so if they can find a way to fit it into the story I think it would add a lot.

Also you should rename this thread "Zelda U ideas/discussion" that way people can post rumours/news about the new zelda here and we won't get millions of threads about it.

Mostly this yeah. Non-linearity has been confirmed I think.
No sig.

#17 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

Agreed with most points, and in definite agreement with most points that Winged Warrior brings up. I'd honestly though like the idea of Hyrule future, but have it steampunk instead of flying cars, kinda keep it within a crossbreed of old and new. So maybe have Epona, but have a railway system too. This however I'd like to see a new antagonist. Maybe even have it as Zelda as the antagonist, and there's a twist where you find out that Zelda has been replaced by a clockwork robot that looks like Zelda, and someone's controlling Zelda-bot to do evil and place blame purely on the fake princess. Maybe have a relation of Ganondorf become the villain, or have someone possessed by the soul of Ganondorf or something as a compromise, but I mainly want to be surprised.

The gamepad is a hard balance, I don't want a gimmick. I like the idea of maybe character switching, map, inventory etc being used mainly. However maybe use it as a Lens of Truth occasionally, but I really don't want to use it all the time.Hell maybe even allow two gamepads (optional) to enhance local co-op.

But god yes I want a realistic art style, although I'd compromise and allow a unique art style so long as it showed of the console's visual ability to the full, whether it's in lighting, texture, particles, or just sheer scale of the levels without loading times. So long as the visual ability could not be handled in any way by a 360 and PS3 and could only be handled by PS4 and 720. Oh and 1080p at 30fps would be nice, unless people care about frame-rate over resolution, then make it 60fps at 720p

Oh here's another one, put slenderman into the lost woods area :P

Edited by Penguin101, 18 February 2013 - 03:47 AM.

#18 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Older Link (I would love a female Link but that seems crazy unlikely), darker and more realistic art style, good use of the Wii U pad (inventory and whatnot) and a different approach to the structure of the game rather than the same old Zelda formula.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#19 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

I want graphics like that and worlds big like that... https://www.youtube....h?v=FjCehYrEbO0

and multiplayer modes, if possible.

ps: wii U can do graphics like that, its not a problem.

Edited by Orion, 18 February 2013 - 04:37 AM.

#20 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

Guess I'd like to keep it old school. I'm a fan of Ganon, I wouldn't mind seeing him return. Hmm... Huge overworld, maybe a few characters return, keep it within the timeline, maybe a few other things. I can't wait to see the graphics. Zelda in HD and on a Next Gen console will look amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!