Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Wow just wow. I really ever saw the Gamecube version but when I just checked out the Arcade Cabinet version Sega did back in the day it really looked that much better and in HD. Wait a sec.....hey Sega and Nintendo, if you really don't want to do a new F-Zero game...then please give us AX-1080p on eShop.

AX version in 720p

GC dolphin 1080p
youtu.be/2q1fFGDSpG4

GC version 720*576
youtu.be/OYtN4poigAs

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

so what is this exactly? the gamecube vers? i only played the nes version and i got confused bc u used abbreviations lol. is this on the eshop?

#3 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

so what is this exactly? the gamecube vers? i only played the nes version and i got confused bc u used abbreviations lol. is this on the eshop?

F-Zero GX. That's the AX Cup, which is an unlockable in the game provided you clear the Master Class difficulty of the four prior Grand Prix cups.

It's not on the eShop.

#4 Slim Shady

Slim Shady

Pls stand up

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Would be nice.

So I get off stage right and drop the mic

Walk up to these hot chicks and im all like

"Sup ladies, my names Slim Shady.

I'm the lead singer in D12 baby"

#5 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

F-Zero GX. That's the AX Cup, which is an unlockable in the game provided you clear the Master Class difficulty of the four prior Grand Prix cups.

It's not on the eShop.

thx a lot :)

#6 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

F-Zero GX. That's the AX Cup,

No it is actually not. AX stands for the Arcade version. So it had much better graphics in HD and a higher framerate. True, there was also a cup called AX in Fzero GX, but that is not what this video is from.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-Zero_GX

I thought...since there actually is a version that outclasses the Gamecube version, it is a Arcade version, already in HD...so it would mean only a bit of work to port that to eShop. If there actually will come are Virtual Console including Gamecube I still hope they port the AX version from the Sega Arcade Cabinet.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#7 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

I actually have that game, so I would know if that was GX or AX. Plus, the video is titled F-ZERO GX AX Cup Master Class - This means the AX Cup on Master Class difficulty on F-Zero GX. Not to mention that video shows the GX title screen and the imputs are Gamecube buttons.

F-Zero AX does not have access to any of the Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, or Diamon Cup courses nor does it have access to all 41 machines.

#8 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

I actually have that game, so I would know if that was GX or AX. Plus, the video is titled F-ZERO GX AX Cup Master Class - This means the AX Cup on Master Class difficulty on F-Zero GX. Not to mention that video shows the GX title screen and the imputs are Gamecube buttons.

F-Zero AX does not have access to any of the Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, or Diamon Cup courses nor does it have access to all 41 machines.

You're right, I absolutely misfired on this one. I missed that screen and was hoping it was the AX Arcade version. Still I hope that Nintendo/Sega bring us an enhanced version in HD...Here's the HD Dolphin version of GX which looks absolute good:

Edited by Lupaie, 20 February 2013 - 11:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!