Photo

Playstation 4 officially announced, thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#101 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

and ps3 it seems interesting.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#102 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Great to see all this developer support

#103 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

heres the destiny announcement.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

#104 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Ahh yes, destiny.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#105 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

heres the destiny announcement.

sweetness. Hoping for new info.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#106 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Great to see all this developer support

I wonder what the Nintendo bosses are thinking watching this stream ?

#107 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

lol bit of a stab at msoft there with the ps exclusive content.

#108 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Shows done!

Stupid Snowmads!

#109 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

That was a nice conference. All that dev support is great.
All I need now is price and I may consider.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#110 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

yep overall impressive thats some great dev support theyve got and the hardware specs look kick ass shame they didnt show the console design though.

#111 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

I wonder what the Nintendo bosses are thinking watching this stream ?

Sony has done an amazing job presenting its console but I doubt Wii U is in any serious trouble still, I'm holding out my thoughts until I see what Retro Studio's and Nintendo themselves have for us at E3.
Really interested in the share button and this "everything instant" thing, I wonder whether they can deliver their promises.

#112 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

yep overall impressive thats some great dev support theyve got and the hardware specs look kick ass shame they didnt show the console design though.

Probably still working on that. I imagine it's just a box at the moment

#113 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Probably still working on that. I imagine it's just a box at the moment

yep i imagine it'll have gone to developers in pc cases still would have been nice too see.

#114 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Sony has done an amazing job presenting its console but I doubt Wii U is in any serious trouble still, I'm holding out my thoughts until I see what Retro Studio's and Nintendo themselves have for us at E3.
Really interested in the share button and this "everything instant" thing, I wonder whether they can deliver their promises.

What about what the other third party dev/pub are going to show off for the WiiU though, will there be anything or will it all be pushed over to the PS4 with more physics & better graphics, Watchdogs is coming to the WiiU from what is being said but the PS4 version will be better, i think that is a given.

Really feeling after watching this reveal & all the support that i have brought the wrong console :(

#115 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

...Yea, that's true. Knack wasn't a good example for graphics, but for physics and how many things could be on the screen it is.

The shaders are up to PC standards though, which I'm very happy about.

no its not... new gpus are 3-4tflops pcs are about 2x-4x better(2x for gpus like GTX670-680-7970, etc) and 4x for TITAN... than ps4 at this stage in gpu... CPU is another story.

Wii U will have a problem, the only thing that may save it for is the "always stay connected to the internet" and the price tag. But graphically hmmm... Nintendo needs a new home console... I believe wii U will get lots of decline.

I saw a couple of games with gameplay, eg the fps Kilzone... 2 many things goin on and I watched the fps of the characters, also textures... I dont think can do that... the way they showed it, thats an example. Also I like the Witness and inFamous: Second Son!is similar to watchdogs but with super powers, instead of gadgets.. like xmen but more like watchdogs.
Ustream feature is really good to.

things I dont like:
Diablo 3 didnt even enthusiast me, didnt bought it for my pc, as I find it, I dont know... just didnt, ever... but I ve noticed all ps4 games are arround multiplayer and connectivity... I will not buy it, because I never accept to be forced, especially if that hearts my pocket.. pay bills for a console as a mandatory feature.. but Nintendo must see the facts of "next gen" they will get lot of decline (because of hardware specs).

I also dont like facebook on a console, at all. I also dont like that a camera controls the controller, because you cant/dont allow u to hide the eye glass from it... And how the heck I know that someone is not watching me while I am playng my game. I dont like these things.... a camera who controls the controller. And here is a second reason I decline the system, I dont feel safe for my privacy! That is my personal opinion.

And I dont like cloud gaming.. It will feature cloud gaming and cloud services and It was bizarre for me listening to this "happy" CO talking about it, that PS4 respects anonymity, but just after that, a few seconds after that, they said... you will post ur photos, all players will see you in real life, facebook in ur console, so everybody will see u, cloud gaming... I said.. OH MY GOODNESS thats not anonymity!! That is security bridge... I didnt saw avatars at all... they said.. YOU WILL BE the avatar... goodness.. lol It just felt a carrot and a strap... they feed u with specs but u get manipulated at the same time.. personal opinion, I really like ps4 specwise and the games, but it does not fit my needs and my beliefs.

They didnt said anything about subscription, but with this services, I dont know.. they may will.. Also the sound was a bit buggy in the video streaming, so I missed some talking.

Overall the system features
2 tflops gpu
x86 based cpu
8 gigs of gddr5
and extra cpu dedicated for the backround operations (downloading, etc) during ur game.
When I said above that a camera controls the controller, I mean, the controller takes signal from within the camera and the camera also analysis the distance of the player from the screen, also if your on the floor sited position, etc... They implemented it 2 in 1... and you cant hide the camera!!! because the camera controls the controller. This CO also said with such a beautiful words, that the extra chipset that controlls the background jobs... like downloading, decoding, etc... it can also work in minimum consumption, when the ps4 is at sleep....!!! hmmmm So yes, I liked the half of the show, they made a great show, but I also didnt liked the other half of the show.

Now all nintendo needs, is 32x attached on wii U.. lol

Edited by Orion, 20 February 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#116 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Prayer circle for Microsoft!

Game is taking Pre-orders for PS4 now!

#117 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

pretty interesting stuff from Sony, ok, your move Microsoft and nintendo,whatcha got?
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#118 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

its seems pretty cool, the price will defently make or brake it for me though

wa3Nq7j.png

#119 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

What about what the other third party dev/pub are going to show off for the WiiU though, will there be anything or will it all be pushed over to the PS4 with more physics & better graphics, Watchdogs is coming to the WiiU from what is being said but the PS4 version will be better, i think that is a given.

Really feeling after watching this reveal & all the support that i have brought the wrong console :(

im sure ninty will be able to make some great looking games on wii u look what they achieved on wii so it's not all that bad hard too deny though that third party games could look better on ps4 and maybe 720 although we dont know the specs for that though i cant imagine it lagging far behind ps4.

#120 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

no its not... new gpus are 3-4tflops pcs are about 2x-4x better(2x for gpus like GTX670-680-7970, etc) and 4x for TITAN... than ps4 at this stage in gpu... CPU is another story.

Wii U will have a problem, the only thing that may save it for is the "always stay connected to the internet" and the price tag. But graphically hmmm...

Seriously? i've expected much more in graphics, half of that was tech demos, cgs, other parts don't even compete with a top pc of today. by today at least at the moment, the diference like the seventh gen, doesn't exist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!