Photo

Playstation 4 officially announced, thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#121 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

most impressive clips were just demos,bungies game may be coming for wii u and watchdogs,it will have better graphics overall but after watching that im not worried at all about my choice to buy a wii u :)

#122 Waluigi

Waluigi

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • NNID:Waluigi
  • Fandom:
    Elder Scrolls, Pokemon, and SSB

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

I wish they would have shown the actual console.
Nintendo ID: Waluigi

#123 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

What about what the other third party dev/pub are going to show off for the WiiU though, will there be anything or will it all be pushed over to the PS4 with more physics & better graphics, Watchdogs is coming to the WiiU from what is being said but the PS4 version will be better, i think that is a given.

Really feeling after watching this reveal & all the support that i have brought the wrong console :(

You still get all the nintendo exclusives, you can't buy a "wrong" console when you buy a console for nintendo games :P

The latest criterion interview gave me lots of hope for the future of Wii U games, I don't think the graphical difference will be that massive, they did give us the Zelda HD demo almost 2 years ago now.
There's work to be done, right now it just sort of looks like Wii U was released too soon, they could've waited another year to perfect its imperfections.

#124 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Right now, I have the feeling that Nintendo is just stubborn and didn't listened enough the 3rd party devs.
Sony already got more 3rd party support then Nintendo for their PS4 and Nintendo should have upgraded the Wii U a little more before releasing it.

This show was really a teaser of what next gen games for consoles will look like. Nintendo didn't done that in their Wii U presentation.

Edited by namkotje, 20 February 2013 - 05:38 PM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#125 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

That was a target render. They showed gameplay earlier and when they hit the share button it showed several frames so you could choose start and end time. The killzone video didn't do that.

I don't think Wii U would have to tone done that particular game. The drive club stuff looks almost as good as project cars.

Exactly.

I think people are going to be surprised at how well the U does this year and next compared to PS4.

The U could do the Killzone game and the Second son game. And possibly the Drive Club game. Definitely the knack game. But I don't think it could handle all of the items at once in terms of AI, paths, scripts, etc.

Not sure how much the settings would have to be toned down if at all from what we have seen here.

Advice:

Wait for E3. Nintendo was in an odd spot, waiting for third parties to get a clue and then only releasing old gen ports, delaying games, using old gen codebase, etc.

This E3, we will have an idea of comparing apples to apples - U vs PS4 (and 720). And I think people are going to be surprised by how well the U does.

#126 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Seriously? i've expected much more in graphics, half of that was tech demos, cgs, other parts don't even compete with a top pc of today. by today at least at the moment, the diference like the seventh gen, doesn't exist.

they dont compete thats the truth... I referred to tflops, only didnt speak about anything else... eg a 6 core by Intel with 2-3 SSD hdds (OS and games) and a couple of GTX670s, you own the industry for at least 6-7 years. A pc that you can buy today.. can rule the whole lifespan of ps4 and 720.

Wii U will have problems not with the games they showed... but with the games they will come in the proccess... I am not sure if wii U can run kilzone though.. at this scale.. it can but I believe in a lower scale (fps, textures) It was really good and massive, more massive than watchdogs.

Edited by Orion, 20 February 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#127 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

^^^ Yep but not everyone likes playing games on pc, Me being one of them.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#128 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Wii U will have problems not with the games they showed... but with the games they will come in the proccess... I am not sure if wii U can run kilzone though.. at this scale.. it can but I believe in a lower scale (fps, textures) It was really good and massive, more massive than watchdogs.

Ofcourse it's more massive than Watchdogs... Killzone is exclusive (and full supported) for PS4.
Watchdogs on this presentation was played on a PC with almost the same specs, but It's also confirmed to be released for Xbox360/PS3 and Wii U.

Edited by namkotje, 20 February 2013 - 06:03 PM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#129 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Watch_Dogs will obviously be multiplatform. And by that, it will out for every console availble at its release

#130 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

x86 CPU = Welcome to the virus zone. Pretty much. Every PC today uses a x86 CPU. Even if you thiunk you have the "most secure system in the world", you can pretty much write a virus that could crash your brand new PCPS4. I'm pretty sure some hackers will find a way to install Windows on it. All that because of the x86 CPU. You just need to write it in a way so it can be executed by the PS4. That's why you need to lay off mainstream CPUs.

Scratch all the above unless it's a custom x86 CPU, which I doubt heavily because it won't be an x86 CPU anymore.

Oh and, I hope they'll find a way to contain the heat because, this thing will :
1. overheat the crap up.
2. eat a rainbowload of power. (like anybody needs a bigger electricity bill)
3. need one big of a case if you don't want 1. to happen
WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#131 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

I will wait for more actual gameplay before making a decision. I am interested in the new Final Fantasy title since I found 13 to be the best main game.

Posted Image

#132 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

x86 CPU = Welcome to the virus zone. Pretty much. Every PC today uses a x86 CPU. Even if you thiunk you have the "most secure system in the world", you can pretty much write a virus that could crash your brand new PCPS4. I'm pretty sure some hackers will find a way to install Windows on it. All that because of the x86 CPU. You just need to write it in a way so it can be executed by the PS4. That's why you need to lay off mainstream CPUs.

Scratch all the above unless it's a custom x86 CPU, which I doubt heavily because it won't be an x86 CPU anymore.

Oh and, I hope they'll find a way to contain the heat because, this thing will :
1. overheat the crap up.
2. eat a rainbowload of power. (like anybody needs a bigger electricity bill)
3. need one big of a case if you don't want 1. to happen

There is easier ways.... a download of an image that contains a virus on it.

#133 Ambidextrous

Ambidextrous

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Some UK game sites already opened a pre order service for the ps4... Seen a price quoted at 399 at shopto.net... a place holder but not too bad if ps4 eventually retails at that price... Ps4 could also come in varying packages as in a base model etc etc...

#134 Scizor

Scizor

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

$400 would be amazing but it won't happen. I'm predicting $450 minimum up to $550.

#135 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

PS4 has no games, that's fo sure

794144.png?13383682

#136 Ambidextrous

Ambidextrous

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Sorry dude meant £399

Ahaaa just saw the part on the site where the pre-order price promise doesn't apply to the ps4 order lol. So cost is pretty much up in the air... Why put a price on it rather than just slap on a TBC note I don't know. -_-

#137 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

sony cant stream with all of those people, i'll wait for the details when they are posted on youtube BY EVERYONE!

thats my thoughts, and immediately this becomes of no value to alot of people who dont have internet or dont have fast internet. I would think, if you're having lagging issues now on your ps3, dont expect it to be better on ps4. at least in america, untill our internet structure becomes faster without having to pay over $100 a months just to get 20 mpbs...streaming games is not the future.
jusy my thoughts

#138 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO COULDN'T ACCESS ANY OF THE STREAMS??? IGN just crashed all of the sudden and I missed the first 45 min!!!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#139 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

spoiler:

go into wii U games thread and watch what nintendo released to fight back ps4 announcement hehehe :P

Edited by Orion, 20 February 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#140 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

no its not... new gpus are 3-4tflops pcs are about 2x-4x better(2x for gpus like GTX670-680-7970, etc) and 4x for TITAN... than ps4 at this stage in gpu... CPU is another story.

Wii U will have a problem, the only thing that may save it for is the "always stay connected to the internet" and the price tag. But graphically hmmm... Nintendo needs a new home console... I believe wii U will get lots of decline.

I saw a couple of games with gameplay, eg the fps Kilzone... 2 many things goin on and I watched the fps of the characters, also textures... I dont think can do that... the way they showed it, thats an example. Also I like the Witness and inFamous: Second Son!is similar to watchdogs but with super powers, instead of gadgets.. like xmen but more like watchdogs.
Ustream feature is really good to.

things I dont like:
Diablo 3 didnt even enthusiast me, didnt bought it for my pc, as I find it, I dont know... just didnt, ever... but I ve noticed all ps4 games are arround multiplayer and connectivity... I will not buy it, because I never accept to be forced, especially if that hearts my pocket.. pay bills for a console as a mandatory feature.. but Nintendo must see the facts of "next gen" they will get lot of decline (because of hardware specs).

I also dont like facebook on a console, at all. I also dont like that a camera controls the controller, because you cant/dont allow u to hide the eye glass from it... And how the heck I know that someone is not watching me while I am playng my game. I dont like these things.... a camera who controls the controller. And here is a second reason I decline the system, I dont feel safe for my privacy! That is my personal opinion.

And I dont like cloud gaming.. It will feature cloud gaming and cloud services and It was bizarre for me listening to this "happy" CO talking about it, that PS4 respects anonymity, but just after that, a few seconds after that, they said... you will post ur photos, all players will see you in real life, facebook in ur console, so everybody will see u, cloud gaming... I said.. OH MY GOODNESS thats not anonymity!! That is security bridge... I didnt saw avatars at all... they said.. YOU WILL BE the avatar... goodness.. lol It just felt a carrot and a strap... they feed u with specs but u get manipulated at the same time.. personal opinion, I really like ps4 specwise and the games, but it does not fit my needs and my beliefs.

They didnt said anything about subscription, but with this services, I dont know.. they may will.. Also the sound was a bit buggy in the video streaming, so I missed some talking.

Overall the system features
2 tflops gpu
x86 based cpu
8 gigs of gddr5
and extra cpu dedicated for the backround operations (downloading, etc) during ur game.
When I said above that a camera controls the controller, I mean, the controller takes signal from within the camera and the camera also analysis the distance of the player from the screen, also if your on the floor sited position, etc... They implemented it 2 in 1... and you cant hide the camera!!! because the camera controls the controller. This CO also said with such a beautiful words, that the extra chipset that controlls the background jobs... like downloading, decoding, etc... it can also work in minimum consumption, when the ps4 is at sleep....!!! hmmmm So yes, I liked the half of the show, they made a great show, but I also didnt liked the other half of the show.

Now all nintendo needs, is 32x attached on wii U.. lol

2TFLOPS on the GPU is very likely a gross overstatement and even if true would never hit that level of performance in game.

thats my thoughts, and immediately this becomes of no value to alot of people who dont have internet or dont have fast internet. I would think, if you're having lagging issues now on your ps3, dont expect it to be better on ps4. at least in america, untill our internet structure becomes faster without having to pay over $100 a months just to get 20 mpbs...streaming games is not the future.
jusy my thoughts

No, not by a longshot. I've worked with several different VDI solutions, which is what game streaming is essentially, and the lag even on the highest power setups is very noticeable. The only solution I've seen that offers any glimmer of hope for the future is terradici. They have a chip that when installed in both the VDI server (HP HVD, Cisco UCS, etc) and the zero client give some really good FMV performance. Other than that, FMV over VDI is still shoddy at best. That's just delivering low res stuff over a 10G dedicated network with 2000 users. Now imagine doing that with millions of users over at very best a 30Mb connection, delivering not only super accurate and lag free input management, but also streaming 1080p FMV. It doesn't happen.

Also, the stream a game instantly thing is a pipe dream, though I would love to eat crow on that one. I think it's more of a click and play in 10-15 minutes. You can't play a game on 1 byte.

This all sounds still very experimental, and will not be ready for primetime by launch IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!