Photo

Playstation 4 officially announced, thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#141 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

I was very happy with the ps4 news everthing they said about it looks very good and i will buy one day one! and Diablo 3 for Ps3/Ps4 that got me happy my pc cant play diablo 3 lol so ya, i was happy with everthing...Cant wait for E3, going to also check tmw if i can pre order ps4!
Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#142 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

...... last guardian...?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#143 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

I was not expecting this at all..I figured like a 30 min conference to tease us...this really blew me away. I don't think Nintendo has to worry...Microsoft however...better work some black magic or they can be in the basement with the new gen.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#144 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

As excited as I now am about ps4, I'm gonna sit back and see what Microsoft and nintendo hit back with b4 deciding which systems to buy / keep. Bet both are a tad worried now though. Microsoft coz thier new machine allegedly is weaker than the ps4 so they'll Need to prove whatever Sony do they can do better or at least as well despite whatever differences in specs between the 2 and nintendo coz they've kept everything so close to thier chests that they'll have to show something REALLY special, that they have a ton of 3rd party developer support, and Tbh graphically amazing games to keep the U on gamers radar. (I know y'all say graphics aren't important but that's not true for a lot of gamers, me included. A game needs to be fun n play well but I also want it to look amazing especially on next gen machines).
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#145 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

I am really happy the Wii U is powerful enough and UNIQUE enough to hold it's own graphically up against PS4/720 while giving us a new way to interact with the game world. I love love love the fact Wii U has the option to play Gamepad, Wii remote or Pro Controller and that level of option will be a great bonus for all Wii U owners.

Regardless what anyone says the difference between PS3 and PS4 will not be a huge amount and since Wii U sits between PS3 and PS4 in terms of specs that will suit Nintendo perfectly, especially since their exclusives will remain the cream of the crop next gen.

To sum up, great dev support for PS4. Specs sound good, graphics look PS3 1.5x. Everyone is forgetting that in order to see the jump from PS2 - PS3 properly you REQUIRED an HDTV.

Edited by Forza Juventus, 21 February 2013 - 03:03 AM.

#146 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Posted Image

This is also what Nintendo should have.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#147 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

Am I the only one that was blown away by Deep Under? It showed in-game (!) graphics of very high quality, it looked gorgeous. After watching videos from Killzone, I have to admit the city looked gorgeous too. I'm looking forward to whatever developers will be able to show us after one or two years with the system.
No sig.

#148 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

I had trouble watching the conference, but I managed to catch some clips from the event. I'm excited. Sony's going all out with this thing. The specs are quite beastly, so I'm really curious to see how they price this thing. E3 will be exciting.
Posted Image

#149 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Am I the only one that was blown away by Deep Under? It showed in-game (!) graphics of very high quality, it looked gorgeous. After watching videos from Killzone, I have to admit the city looked gorgeous too. I'm looking forward to whatever developers will be able to show us after one or two years with the system.

In engine=/= in game but yeah it looked great! Like I've said there is a big difference between generating a video showcase of an engine's capabilities and running it sans any ancillary game code or console overhead and actual gameplay footage. If they made it interactive, that would have been boss. Then again, they were most likely running a very souped up PC under that stage to handle everything, lest they have the hiccups and glitches common with alpha code running on untested hardware.

#150 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

In engine=/= in game but yeah it looked great! Like I've said there is a big difference between generating a video showcase of an engine's capabilities and running it sans any ancillary game code or console overhead and actual gameplay footage. If they made it interactive, that would have been boss. Then again, they were most likely running a very souped up PC under that stage to handle everything, lest they have the hiccups and glitches common with alpha code running on untested hardware.

Deep Under or whatever it was called was certainly running in-game. There was control-ish camera movements, and gameplay tactical camera placements plus a HUD for selecting weapons (in the lower corners). The UE4/Luminous demos looked even more impressive, but those weren't games.
No sig.

#151 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Deep Under or whatever it was called was certainly running in-game. There was control-ish camera movements, and gameplay tactical camera placements plus a HUD for selecting weapons (in the lower corners). The UE4/Luminous demos looked even more impressive, but those weren't games.

The UE4 demo did not look as good a deep down. Adding a simulated HUD does not mean it was game play footage. They made a point during the conference to mention it was in engine footage, not in game. Also, the HUD never did anything other than show up for <2 seconds of the entire reel. Also, a sword was selected when the character was carrying a torch.

Edited by routerbad, 21 February 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#152 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

The UE4 demo did not look as good a deep down. Adding a simulated HUD does not mean it was game play footage. They made a point during the conference to mention it was in engine footage, not in game. Also, the HUD never did anything other than show up for <2 seconds of the entire reel. Also, a sword was selected when the character was carrying a torch.

I see. I didn't watch the entire conference, so I didn't know what they said. And I didn't notice that weapon detail.

I still hope it could pull these graphics off, in-game.
No sig.

#153 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

i just posted before that many game developers were unaware about the 8GB upgrade..so im sure things will change
Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#154 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

I see. I didn't watch the entire conference, so I didn't know what they said. And I didn't notice that weapon detail.

I still hope it could pull these graphics off, in-game.

I agree, and I think it will, before the end of the gen. The first couple of years will see games that are designed with last gen in mind, exclusives and PC ports will look fantastic though for all consoles.

#155 Bonac

Bonac

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,Megaman, Metal Gear Solid

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Posted Image

This is also what Nintendo should have.

If nintendo would have that sony and microsoft gaming divisions would probably not exist lol...

#156 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

234081.jpg

Based on current and upcoming Wii U games. It isn't bad for launch to be fair, at least for a Nintendo console.

#157 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

It looks alright to be fair, I'm exited to see more, the next few months will be very interesting, I need to buy something to play third party games on, cos' I think the Wii U might struggle against PS4, especially with the way developers are backing it and if it's priced fairly, I dunno though, I'm still undesided, I'm deffinatly not going back to Microsoft.

#158 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

I liked what I heard and saw during the announcement thingy, but there's one thing stopping me buying a ps4 and it's rather stupid,it's that I hate the dualshock controller! I've hated all PlayStation controllers since the ps1, they just feel wrong to me when I'm holding them. The Xbox controller o the other hand feels really comfortable. So unless Microsoft really screw up thier new console or someone releases an Xbox style controller for ps4 I'll probably stick with WiiU and get a 720 to go with it.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!