• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

hi guys can i just say ive just seen the video of the gameplay and as much as i hate to say it that 5 min video has got me more hyped than 2 years of info on the wii u ... how can nintendo compete with that?? they cant makes me wonder what are nintendo doing?? whos running things there?? thry should be sacked nintendo im sick of you and before u start calling me a sony fan boy i have never owned a ps in my life! but i think thats about to change i was goin to wait for e3 so hopfuly nintendo could finally do somthing right but im just going to get dissapointed. im sorty nintendo but u hav lost my buisness

#2 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Nintendo & the WiiU cannot compete with what was just revealed, the only thing that can save Nintendo/WiiU is if the price for the PS4 is very high, but then Microsoft have yet to announce the X720/neXt-boX !

#3 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

sony was certainly impressive but lets give ninty a chance here the wii u is still a great console and the graphics and gameplay wont be that far behind.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#4 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Yea I'm more excited about the PS4 than for the Wii U. Why does Nintendo always have to be so secretive about whatever it is doing? Last years Nintendo E3 presentation was a big disappointment for me.

Edited by Shogo, 20 February 2013 - 05:23 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Welp, this is why I currently own a PS3 and Wii U, and will probably eventually have PS4 and Wii U, since I think that combo provides more overall value than Nintendo/Microsoft. I'll keep the Wii U for their awesome exclusives but it's quite obvious that PS4 will have a slew of cool capabilities for older gamers that Wii U can't compete with unless something changes or they are hiding something.

Even the PS Vita/Wii U combo seems to beat the Wii U gamepad as far as playing games around the house.

Edited by WiiNC, 20 February 2013 - 05:25 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#6 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Sony showed some great graphics at this event.

In some cases.

but we haven't seen publicly what the Wii U is capable of yet.

we always knew the PS4/720 would be more powerful.

But that may not truly translate into an extreme gulf in graphical capability.

Nintendo had put together an intelligent system that can pump out some serious graphics. but you have to do it right.

sony shot their load here. And it was cool, but it wasn't overly impressive.

But it was far better than the junk Nintendo shoved out the last two E3s. But that may be by design.

I would say this:

Just wait for E3. Make your call then.

#7 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

it sounds like u al sorta feel the same i do nintendo e3 again will b a dissapointment im keeping my expecttions very very low so wen its worse than i predict i wont b too much dissapointed come to think of it there is only 2 games i want for wii u metroid and eternal darkness thats it... it dosnt seem worth a console purchase

#8 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Sony showed some great graphics at this event.

In some cases.

but we haven't seen publicly what the Wii U is capable of yet.

we always knew the PS4/720 would be more powerful.

But that may not truly translate into an extreme gulf in graphical capability.

Nintendo had put together an intelligent system that can pump out some serious graphics. but you have to do it right.

sony shot their load here. And it was cool, but it wasn't overly impressive.

But it was far better than the junk Nintendo shoved out the last two E3s. But that may be by design.

I would say this:

Just wait for E3. Make your call then.

I agree this could be apart of a plan by Nintendo. They could be waiting for both companies to show off their consoles and then just put thiem to utter shame with a true graphics demonstration.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#9 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

I agree this could be apart of a plan by Nintendo. They could be waiting for both companies to show off their consoles and then just put thiem to utter shame with a true graphics demonstration.

ummm no i doubt it lol give me a break lol

#10 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

That would be so awesome ^^.
While I'm not expecting that, I do expect great things still.

What we've seen from sony now are all games built from the ground up for the system on hardware they are very familiar with and engines designed for it, everyone of them shown to impress graphically.
What we've seen from Nintendo are either ports not optimized for the different architecture of the Wii U or games that have put their focus fully on gameplay mechanics, figuring out how to use the gamepad, almost 2 years ago though we also got the bird demo and the Zelda HD demo, the latter of which was only made a few weeks prior to E3 if I remember correctly. Retro Studios' new game and or new IP built with a new engine for the Wii U will be the start of amazing quality games on the console.

Also, look back at all the conferences from both sides, compare what they show us in tech demo's and then eventually what we get with the console...

#11 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

ummm no i doubt it lol give me a break lol

Dont ruin my optimism lol

Posted Image

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

I wouldn't say utter shame but yes, if PS4 has anything interactive running on actual PS4 hardware I think the consensus will be they look to have largely the same capabilities.

#13 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

the ps4 games wont look much better the only reason it has the specs it does is for the built in streaming and video capture. games will be forced to be able to play flawlessly while still being able to stream and capture gameplay not allowing to reach its full potential

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#14 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

the ps4 games wont look much better the only reason it has the specs it does is for the built in streaming and video capture. games will be forced to be able to play flawlessly while still being able to stream and capture gameplay not allowing to reach its full potential

Bingo, I think people forget how intensive media encode is, considering is has to be able to encode for several different formats. This is probably one big reason why they needed all the extra ram as well, so they could store all this rendered video in memory in case you need it.

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

Assist CPU...

Included in every ps4...

#16 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

I'm sorry but streaming is not much of a strain at all, from what I can tell we also don't know if it is an optional features that devs can choose to use, or not to use.

The WiiU has been out for months and shown nothing beyond what is now last gen capabilities. It is likely similar powerwise to the wii last gen. We shall see, but given Nintendo's recent track record and so on, I would expect the wiiU to be limited in comparison.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 22 February 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#17 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Did this really require it's own thread? Seriously, we have enough of these "PS4 rulez, wii u sux" threads.

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

I'm sorry but streaming is not much of a strain at all, from what I can tell we also don't know if it is an optional features that devs can choose to use, or not to use.
The WiiU has been out for months and shown nothing beyond what is now last gen capabilities. It is likely similar powerwise to the wii last gen. We shall see, but given Nintendo's recent track record and so on, I would expect the wiiU to be limited in comparison.

All the released Wii U games were developed on last gen tech which is why none of the games look mind blowing yet. FYI. Wait until we see new games with the new engines before you say its last Gen.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#19 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

All the released Wii U games were developed on last gen tech which is why none of the games look mind blowing yet. FYI. Wait until we see new games with the new engines before you say its last Gen.

and.... it's not like Nintendo didn't know the wiiU was coming out. If not even Nintendo can be bothered to release a game on it designed for the system for months or even up to a year, who else is going to?

#20 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

and.... it's not like Nintendo didn't know the wiiU was coming out. If not even Nintendo can be bothered to release a game on it designed for the system for months or even up to a year, who else is going to?

So have you noticed yet that the WiiU recently came out? Now do you realize how long it takes to develop a truly good game for a system? Look at Skyward Sword it took 4 years to make (Me thinks). Not only that I personally believe the LoZ Demo at E3 2011 was better than this Killzone PS4 trailer.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!