• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

You should all thank me.

:D

BECAUSE OF YOU I NOW HAVE TO BUY A PS4 JUST TO KEEP UP WITH THIRD-PARTY GAMES >:0

#23 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Anyone else find this mindset to be a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy? If consumers maintain a mindset like this, than is there any wonder that third parties supposedly "Don't do well" on Nintendo systems? It makes sense that if consumers who buy Nintendo systems choose to purchase a multiplatform title for that system, than that will improve the situation with third party titles on their systems. Nintendo can do whatever they want to attract third parties, but if consumers don't make the choice to buy the Wii U version of a multiplatform game, than it would all be a wasted effort.

Great post.

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

I figured we'd start getting some multiplat announcements after the PS4 reveal. Sony didn't want Nintendo stealing their thunder. And offered them a piece of the keynote for their silence.

Edited by routerbad, 20 February 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#25 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I'm so glad this is coming to the Wii U, but I'll be getting this on PS4. It will be the graphically superior version, and therefore the better version.

But who knows, maybe my opinion will change between now and then.

#26 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

POPULAR

Excellent, I'm actually interested to see screens side by side now of the different versions. This hopefully will look just as good as it does on ps4 and next box so people can shut up about the Wii U being the lesser of the next gen in raw power.

I'm so glad this is coming to the Wii U, but I'll be getting this on PS4. It will be the graphically superior version, and therefore the better version.

B that is the most not good thing I ever seen you type. Gameplay is king...I can't see the graphics being that much better, and if they make unique features using the Gamepad then the Wii U can be a much better version. Realistically it will be like that for a lot of 3rd party multiplatform games....proper utilization of the GamePad can really be huge in deciding which version. Especially if the graphical difference isn't as big as people think.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#27 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

I'll save myself the $699.99 and get Watch_Dogs for the U.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#28 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

I can't see Ubisoft taking much advantage of the WiiU for this version of the game. I just hope it won't be a sloppy port with tacked on gamepad features and low frame rate as we have seen in some ports :(
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#29 Invertednarrow

Invertednarrow

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Rayman, Legend of Zelda, Tim and Eric

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

I'm totally getting this for Wii U if it's a good port!

#30 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

This game was meant for the gamepad.

I have s feeling the dual shock 4 shown today wasn't final...

#31 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

this is a joke right?

#32 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

"but I'll be getting this on PS4. It will be the graphically superior version, and therefore the better version"

Posted Image

#33 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

"but I'll be getting this on PS4. It will be the graphically superior version, and therefore the better version"

wouldn't you instead get it for pc since its grapically better the the ps4 version and possible cheaper if you know what your doing?

#34 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

think i will be getting this for wii u as i defo wont be buying a ps4 anytime soon...maybe in a year or 2 after launch when the price comes down :)

#35 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

this is a joke right?

Nope, not a joke. I'm completely serious.

B that is the most not good thing I ever seen you type. Gameplay is king...I can't see the graphics being that much better, and if they make unique features using the Gamepad then the Wii U can be a much better version. Realistically it will be like that for a lot of 3rd party multiplatform games....proper utilization of the GamePad can really be huge in deciding which version. Especially if the graphical difference isn't as big as people think.

This is me speaking without knowing the features of the Wii U version. Yes, if the GamePad's use is really good, like I said, it's possible to change my mind between now and then.

But for now, it's a PS4 buy for me.

#36 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Youve done it now the torches and pitchforks are out.The locals dont like change.But they do like nintendo and you have offended them

Absolute shame about the timing of this announcement,good that the wii u gets it

Edited by scotty79, 21 February 2013 - 05:36 AM.

Posted Image

#37 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

well if anybody wants the superior version of it and smooth online experience, PC is the way to go... if you have the appropriate PC also... ps4 is a crapy cheap pc compared to a pc.

For me personal, I have different aspect in that.

If watchdogs comes with moding tools, ITS A 100% buy for my PC. Moding is a next level.

If the game is like sleeping dogs style a bit more innovative... It will be a wii U buy. Because from a point and after, if the game does not appeal to me fo rmy pc experience, I can compromise with lower graphical capabilities, than pc, but also have more fun in my living room.

I made a topic in ubisoft about it, screaming about the bad ports... and requested them to be careful with that...

here it is... dont flame me, I expressed to them my personal opinion http://forums.ubi.co...atch-dogs-Wii-U

Edited by Orion, 21 February 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#38 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

Great. Another third party game. WiiU needs that.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#39 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

Nope, not a joke. I'm completely serious.

This is me speaking without knowing the features of the Wii U version. Yes, if the GamePad's use is really good, like I said, it's possible to change my mind between now and then.

But for now, it's a PS4 buy for me.

How does something with better graphics equal a superior version? Surely the one with the best user experience is a superior version? Now maybe if the PS4 version allowed you to use your smartphone as Adam's smartphone it might be cool, or it was the only version available in 3D.

But if you want better graphics get a PC for the same price as a PS4, you'll be able to play games, browse the web, edit videos to share on youtube, write documents, play flash games, get cheaper prices on games. It's the most versatile gaming machine ever.

I admit pretty graphics sometimes plays a great role in immersion, but in the HD era you can't really complain. I remember when I had only a few pixels on screen and my imaginations filled in the blanks.

A PS4 is a GREAT console, but only if the game-play superseeds any other. So far there aren't any games that I see that

1) Wouldn't be achievable on Wii U at a lower frame rate and resolution
2) Wouldn't have a better user experience using the gamepad.

Edited by Penguin101, 21 February 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#40 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

Awesome!

And if you own a WIi U and ever complain about lack of third party support, but buy this on PS4, YOU are the problem! B)

here, take all my infinite likes

It's good to see a game that's coming for PS4 also coming to Wii U. Well, that's mostly good for the Wii U I guess, because it's at least some sign of next-gen third party support.
No sig.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ubisoft, watch dogs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!