Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

A pc costing the same price as a ps4 would be MAJOR CRAP in comparison,ps4 would DESTROY a pc at the same price point!!

PS4 uses an x86 processor.
That's the same family as modern pc's.
8GB of RAM is entry-level now for gaming pc's.

I'd say they'd be comparable price to performance, unless the game is made specifically for the PS4 like a first party game would be.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#62 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

Are u kidding me kiddo? Pc is allready much more powerfull than ps4... lol You have to be kidding me, because you speak about OCed gpus and pc... get a life... thats trully beyond fanboism limits.

ps4 cpu is more like a 4 cores and 8 threads for a pc.... eg I5 4 cores and 8 threads....

Jaguar cores are good, but not that f#$#g good... I7 alone is in another level. And I dont speak about 6 cores/12 threads pc cpus

AMD radeon fits the 1.7tflop for ps4... http://hexus.net/tec...graphics-cards/

but I find it extreme as its a new gpu and it costs TO MUCH I will check 6xxx series and give an equivelant to that.

I believe ps4 is between i3 limits and i5 (because they dont have all these windows and dlls in the background to run all the time).. As for the gpu, is an underpowered amd radeon 78xx series... maybe... 77xx or 78xx between these 2 codes. It may also be a 77xx gpu modified with some extra compusonal spus for 1.7... Or 6xxx series the same way.. They cant add a 7xxx series in my personal opinion of that scale, because they will not be able to reduce the price, if something goes wrong..!!

And check the pc gpus, check the GFLOPS tab... http://hexus.net/tec...-card-overview/

these are the highest on the market.. but even a mid gpu like gtx 660ti surpases the ps4 one... gtx670 that is my beloved baby is 2.5tflops and passes kicks the brain out of 7970 by amd that is 4tflops... u see... The number of Tflops doesnt mean always the best... if u see an nvidia gpu card with 4tflops.. its more like 6 tflops equivelant for AMD... because nvidia cores are better than the amd ones..

An example is wii U, latelly some engineers speak about wii U being 1.1 tflop... 320-500 spus and an extra modified for computing 120 spus... all together 1.1 tflop. The 40% of wii U gpu is still unknown.. a mistery... AND FORGET ABOUT RV7 chip on wiiU... even chipworks modified the article and removed from the txt the code " RV7" it is not.

Something similar will be for ps4 as well. 400-800 SPUS and a small number of spus for computing... overal 1.7 tflops... So stop dreaming apples...

And I think sony said that : ps4 is extra modified gpu and the GPU can be used for computing, without using the cpu power.... correct? The same thing is wii U, both are GPU centric

Lol

Let's look at the games when they are out. And compare. This will be fun.

No one is denying the invividual OC components CAN be specd higher. But putting it all together smoothly is a different story.

Kiddo.

My prejudice? Yves Guillemot is pretty much saying that's exactly what they're doing.

Everything we've seen of this game has been running on high-end PC hardware. The first demo from last year's E3 was running on hardware more powerful than what the PS4 is housing. Yves said they developed the game for high-end tech, so, yes, there will be downporting to some degree, especially with the PS3/360 versions. If Ubisoft takes the time to really tweak this game to take advantage of Wii U, I can see it looking much better than the 360/PS3 versions. However, I don't think it will quite match the PS4/720 versions. Even so, I think they can get it very close and sacrifice very little in the process. PS4's specs are obviously higher than Wii U's, so I expect the PS4 version to show off more bells and whistles, but not too much. Ultimately, any version that is not PC will be a downport to some degree.

That quote doesn't say what you purport.

Router ad is corre t. You are interpreting something based on what you wish to be true. Not what actually is.

#63 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

anyone else confused how the ps4 is releasing this as a ps4 title...aswel as a ps3 title?...will the ps3/wiiU be a lesser version of the ps4 version? there's no denying the ps4 power compared t the wiiU. just curious, i want this game..but i'll most likely wait for the ps4 version.

#64 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

guys stop trolling, you serious? u need a doctor!!! Pc runs the OS, antivirus, firewall, social (msn, skype), torrents, any steam origin whatever client, dlls, etc things all at once while u run ur game. Also the games in the pc run at ULTRA settings, something that you will never see on ps4 or ps10... Never forget that a pc simulates, its not a dedicated hardware... An example, when you use a program, like photoshop or paint... its minimized window and windows interface is visible in the backround, everything runs.... The games are the same as programs... they are programs that run in fullscreen, thats it... GO LEARN the basics.

wake up... tok tok ur fanboism will turn into a psychological disorder

as for the : PS4 uses x86 That's the same family as modern pc's. = pcs always been x86 lol..... But if you speak about the jaguar cores they are good, better than buldozer ones, but not better than intel cpus. But its more than enough for the console.

AMD cores have no threads... so if you buy an amd cpu for ur pc and it says its 8 cores, its equivelant of an intel 4 cores / 8 threads. because amd cores dont have threads. Also never forget, that the 8gb of ram, its a good choice, its fast, but it is also shared.... dont compare it with a pc. Its different. A pc may have 8 gigs of ram but it has another 4-8mb of cpu cache (my cpu is 8mb 4 cores and 8 threads) , 1-2-3-4-6 gb gpu ram, etc...

I want to believe that ps4 cpu, will have 4mb of cache... 8x512kb

ps: I am not sure if x86 is going to be good, because x86 platform is very familiar to all hackers and crackers... get ready for virus attacks and personal info, credit card theft. Remember that.

Edited by Orion, 22 February 2013 - 03:52 AM.

#65 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

"I'm gonna get the PS4 version"- People who were complaining about no third party games on Wii U only a week ago

#66 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

"I'm gonna get the PS4 version"- People who were complaining about no third party games on Wii U only a week ago

I know, right? Complain about Nintendo never getting good multiplatform 3rd party games, but don't end up buying them when they do. It makes no sense.

#67 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Yeah I'm flabbergasted. If it's available in Wii U and the game itself hasn't been cut down in any way I'll always get it on Wii U. If a game that I want for some reason Isn't coming on Wii U or if I genuinely belive a better game experience comes out of the PS4/720 version then I may be forced to buy a PS4 or 720. However so far no titles really shout out to me "buy me" at the moment, and people shouldn't really be getting a game on PS4 due to "better visuals" especially when we've not even SEEN the Wii U version

#68 BrandonsBeard

BrandonsBeard

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda. Kid Icarus. MK7.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

B) Great News! Will be getting for the Wii U! B)

Posted Image

NNID: BrandonsBeard

3DS: 2277-7039-6132

Message me before adding so I can input your ID as well

#69 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

guys stop trolling, you serious? u need a doctor!!! Pc runs the OS, antivirus, firewall, social (msn, skype), torrents, any steam origin whatever client, dlls, etc things all at once while u run ur game. Also the games in the pc run at ULTRA settings, something that you will never see on ps4 or ps10... Never forget that a pc simulates, its not a dedicated hardware... An example, when you use a program, like photoshop or paint... its minimized window and windows interface is visible in the backround, everything runs.... The games are the same as programs... they are programs that run in fullscreen, thats it... GO LEARN the basics.

wake up... tok tok ur fanboism will turn into a psychological disorder

as for the : PS4 uses x86 That's the same family as modern pc's. = pcs always been x86 lol..... But if you speak about the jaguar cores they are good, better than buldozer ones, but not better than intel cpus. But its more than enough for the console.

AMD cores have no threads... so if you buy an amd cpu for ur pc and it says its 8 cores, its equivelant of an intel 4 cores / 8 threads. because amd cores dont have threads. Also never forget, that the 8gb of ram, its a good choice, its fast, but it is also shared.... dont compare it with a pc. Its different. A pc may have 8 gigs of ram but it has another 4-8mb of cpu cache (my cpu is 8mb 4 cores and 8 threads) , 1-2-3-4-6 gb gpu ram, etc...

I want to believe that ps4 cpu, will have 4mb of cache... 8x512kb

ps: I am not sure if x86 is going to be good, because x86 platform is very familiar to all hackers and crackers... get ready for virus attacks and personal info, credit card theft. Remember that.

AMD Bulldozer and Jaguar have what AMD calls core modules. Each module has two cores that share cache. 8 core jaguar refers to 4 modules. Why AMD went away from the "True multicore" design is beyond me, because it sent their IPC straight down. Intel CPU's in the iCore series have better IPC in most applications on PC than any AMD CPU, a reason why we've seen AMD's that aim for higher clocks to overcome their IPC issues. Also the patches Microsoft released for the Bulldozer platform treat Bulldozer CPU's as 4 core hyperthreaded CPU's rather than treating it as 8 dedicated cores.

Traditionally PC's have had much higher overhead costs but this won't be the case for this generation, at least where Sony and Microsoft are concerned. All of those features they revealed that have zero to do with actual games cost resources, which come at a premium when you have to be able to ensure that particular amount of power is dedicated to actually running games.

#70 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

That quote doesn't say what you purport.

Router ad is corre t. You are interpreting something based on what you wish to be true. Not what actually is.

Quote seems pretty clear to me.

-Created on next-gen consoles
-Seeking power of the new generation
-Port to other machines
-Ask our teams to try to incorporate those elements in current consoles

The bolded, to me at least, is pretty much saying that Ubisoft's teams will try to incorporate as much from the high-end versions into the older console versions. No one should expect all versions to be exactly the same across the board. Each version, if Ubisoft takes their time, should be built to perform at its absolute best on its respective platform.

Edited by Crispy Bacon, 22 February 2013 - 09:57 AM.

Posted Image

#71 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Yeah I'm flabbergasted. If it's available in Wii U and the game itself hasn't been cut down in any way I'll always get it on Wii U. If a game that I want for some reason Isn't coming on Wii U or if I genuinely belive a better game experience comes out of the PS4/720 version then I may be forced to buy a PS4 or 720. However so far no titles really shout out to me "buy me" at the moment, and people shouldn't really be getting a game on PS4 due to "better visuals" especially when we've not even SEEN the Wii U version

IKR.
The only version we've seen is the PC version, lol.

Lol

Let's look at the games when they are out. And compare. This will be fun.

No one is denying the invividual OC components CAN be specd higher. But putting it all together smoothly is a different story.

Kiddo.

This has been bothering me a bit, but what do you mean when you say "OC" ?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#72 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

IKR.
The only version we've seen is the PC version, lol.
This has been bothering me a bit, but what do you mean when you say "OC" ?

Over clocked maybe?

So whats going in here? there are people who honestly believe ps4 is beating pc's?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#73 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Over clocked maybe?

So whats going in here? there are people who honestly believe ps4 is beating pc's?

That's what I thought at first, but it doesn't fit the words around it.
I think she means "PC" and is not used to her keyboard or something.
Then I thought maybe she meant "OS". I am quite confused on the matter frankly.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#74 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Over clocked maybe?

Apparently so. Any good gaming rig assembled within the last three years would swamp it spec wise handily, and considering the announcements would probably run with much less overhead, considering the improvements in Windows 8 that disable unnecessary services, including DWM while in full screen play. PC gamers know just running fraps in the background is going to cost a few FPS, doing some of the things Sony want to do cost valuable resources that developers will have to take into account when coding their games. They have to code for all contingencies to ensure overhead services don't cause serious in game issues.

That's what I thought at first, but it doesn't fit the words around it.
I think she means "PC" and is not used to her keyboard or something.
Then I thought maybe she meant "OS". I am quite confused on the matter frankly.

Yeah, OC makes zero sense in the context provided. I have no idea what to assume by it, and have been ignoring that part of the posts as unintelligible.

#75 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

the games for 2 years, or 3.. its up to microsoft... next gen vs pc... with be... identical in the manner of polygons and effects... but pc version will always be ULTRA seetings and crazy fps.

the difference will come 1 year after dx12 comes out. So next gen consoles, can trick the eye for 2-3 years, after that, is going to be once again the same thing...

Edited by Orion, 22 February 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#76 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#77 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Posted Image

I want this signaturized

#78 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

Is that a mockup?

#79 MechaGS

MechaGS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Is that a mockup?

Nah, it's the real boxart. It's been making the rounds on various game sites all day along with the Wii U press release. I'm not keen on the boxart, look rather ugly. At least it says provisional in the corner.

I'm looking forward to the game and as long as it's using the Wii U properly I'll grab it on the console. If not I guess it'll be a PC / PS4 purchase dependant on what comes first.

#80 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Nah, it's the real boxart. It's been making the rounds on various game sites all day along with the Wii U press release. I'm not keen on the boxart, look rather ugly. At least it says provisional in the corner.

I'm looking forward to the game and as long as it's using the Wii U properly I'll grab it on the console. If not I guess it'll be a PC / PS4 purchase dependant on what comes first.

the best part of the boxart is the name of the game and Wii U :D
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ubisoft, watch dogs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!