109 replies to this topic

#81 MechaGS

MechaGS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

the best part of the boxart is the name of the game and Wii U :D

Agreed. Now if we can get the image changed so it doesn't look like a guy's ready to post on facebook whilst shooting someone in the face that would be great. <_<

Or maybe that's what it needs. Hope Ubi are reading lol.

Edited by MechaGS, 22 February 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#82 Fatso

Fatso

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

getting this on the wii u, i gotta support the third parties, if 3rd party games sell well on the wii u it would give developers a reason to put games on the wii u.

anyone know if this game has online multiplayer?

#83 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

Im not too worried about how well this translates to Wii U. It's probably going to have some rather gimmicky Gamepad integrations, but Ubisoft has been shelling out titles for the system. At this point, the only experience I trust above them is Criterion and Nintendo themselves.

I will be getting this for Wii U.

Edited by Noona bit me :'(, 23 February 2013 - 01:08 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#84 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

My bet is that it'll be more or less the PS3/360 versions, but with the models and textures of the PC/PS4/720 versions.

#85 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

It won't be any different graphically, they have to code for the lowest common denominator, and that is PS3.
Not really, the components they used are actually quite cheap when ordered in bulk. It's all commercially available stuff.

Not sure if serious. They won't need to downport the Wii U version at all if it is built for this generation first. If you mean they'll need to optimize it for the Wii U memory architecture then yes, but graphically, the PS4 is not the great leap ahead that you think it is.

I disagree. Judging by the presentation of the game at E3 last year as well as the recent Sony press conference the game was definitely developed for next gen systems and high end PC's first and foremost. I suspect it will look significantly better on the PS4, high end PC's and likely the Xbox successor then on the PS3, Xbox 360 and also better then on the Wii U.

I agree there. Well said.
Actually my PC already outperforms the hardware in the PS4, by a very large margin. Also, my PC isn't doing media encode operations in the background, or livestreaming, or constantly updating PSN. PS4 will have more overhead than your average PC.
It is very capable hardware, but it isn't on the same level as a decent gaming rig, no matter how you spin it.
They're winning the war of perception only because people forget easily how often Sony has shown purported game footage, only to be let down because it was actually well crafted CG or in engine footage without any of the standard overhead that would exist whilst running a game on actual hardware.

Maybe so but then a console doesn't have the overheads of a crappy OS like Windows either. I think you give far more credit to the PC platform them it deserves and dedicated, closed systems like consoles can in many ways give better results then a PC. The problem with PC's is that there are so many variations and configurations which is their downside.

On another note I don't know where all these complaints about people complaining there aren't enough third party games and when one is announced they will end up buying it on a different platform comes from. Personally I've never complained about the lack of third party support on the Wii U. What I have done is made observations of how it is, why Nintendo isn't doing well with the Wii U and what they need to do to change things around. Personally I'm not bothered about the level of third party support on the Wii U. Nintendo consoles since the GameCube have never been my primary gaming platform most likely never will be. My main reason for buying them is the first party games. That said if a third party game is significantly better on the Wii U I will get it on that but if not I will but it on another gaming platform. I fully intend on buying a PS4 and the Xbox successor and if a particular game I want is better on those then I will buy it for one of those systems. The quality of the games and game playing experience is what counts as far as I'm concerned and not the platform its on.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 23 February 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#86 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Definitely getting this. No reason not to.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#87 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

Nah, it's the real boxart. It's been making the rounds on various game sites all day along with the Wii U press release. I'm not keen on the boxart, look rather ugly. At least it says provisional in the corner.

I'm looking forward to the game and as long as it's using the Wii U properly I'll grab it on the console. If not I guess it'll be a PC / PS4 purchase dependant on what comes first.

Actually, I think the "Provisional" tag has to do with the PEGI rating, rather than the box art. You know how here in North America if there showing a trailer for a game that's not quite finished yet, they'll sometimes show an ESRB block that says "RP" and someone might say "This game is not yet rated?" Well apparently with PEGI they just put what they think the game will be, then slap a "Provisional" tag under it. For example, here's the same box art with an ESRB "RP" tag on it, with the word "Provisional" no where in site.
Posted Image
It doesn't mean the art can't change between now and the time it's released, just don't count on it just because of a "Provisional" tag on a European Box art.
Posted Image

#88 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

What?!? Someone beat me to my reaction and I posted it second? Apologize now!!!!....JK I guess great minds think alike LOL.

Edited by FallenSaturn, 23 February 2013 - 09:00 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#89 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

That boxart sucks.

#90 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

It's likely the wii u version will be similar and comparable to the 360 and PS3 versions but the PS4, new xbox and PC verisons will be on a higher level. I really don't know which version I will get at this point because I have no idea of the finished result. I will likely get a PS4 but again don't know when. As I own wii u, 360 and PS3 I will basically decide by best version. However that said really of the gamepad of the wii u should enhance this game. It really seems ideal to make it more playable and make it far less cumbersome as you play the game. So I believe the wii u potentially could be the best version simply because of the ease of playing using the touch screen. Those PC graphics are amazing though. It's a beautiful virtual world and hope the wii u doesn't have to lower the quality by too much. Those pc graphics do add a level of immersion that the wii u won't be able to achieve.

#91 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

I disagree. Judging by the presentation of the game at E3 last year as well as the recent Sony press conference the game was definitely developed for next gen systems and high end PC's first and foremost. I suspect it will look significantly better on the PS4, high end PC's and likely the Xbox successor then on the PS3, Xbox 360 and also better then on the Wii U.

Maybe so but then a console doesn't have the overheads of a crappy OS like Windows either. I think you give far more credit to the PC platform them it deserves and dedicated, closed systems like consoles can in many ways give better results then a PC. The problem with PC's is that there are so many variations and configurations which is their downside.

On another note I don't know where all these complaints about people complaining there aren't enough third party games and when one is announced they will end up buying it on a different platform comes from. Personally I've never complained about the lack of third party support on the Wii U. What I have done is made observations of how it is, why Nintendo isn't doing well with the Wii U and what they need to do to change things around. Personally I'm not bothered about the level of third party support on the Wii U. Nintendo consoles since the GameCube have never been my primary gaming platform most likely never will be. My main reason for buying them is the first party games. That said if a third party game is significantly better on the Wii U I will get it on that but if not I will but it on another gaming platform. I fully intend on buying a PS4 and the Xbox successor and if a particular game I want is better on those then I will buy it for one of those systems. The quality of the games and game playing experience is what counts as far as I'm concerned and not the platform its on.

You do realize that the demo they showed wasn't running on PS4 hardware, right? It was a PC demo. Windows has come a long way with regards to overhead, and its looking like this console will have more overhead then an average PC.

Edited by routerbad, 23 February 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#92 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

My bet is that it'll be more or less the PS3/360 versions, but with the models and textures of the PC/PS4/720 versions.

Umm, that's pretty much the only difference between the versions most likely. They'll no doubt be using the same physics engines across all versions, same AI, etc. The graphical assets will be the big difference, which the Wii U will share with all of the next gen consoles, as well as the PC most likely. It actually won't be anything close to the 360 or PS3 versions, game code wise. It will be the Wii U version, and they'll be porting all next gen versions from the PC, which will be a no brainer considering all the next gen hardware is GPU centric.

Edited by routerbad, 23 February 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#93 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Quote seems pretty clear to me.

-Created on next-gen consoles
-Seeking power of the new generation
-Port to other machines
-Ask our teams to try to incorporate those elements in current consoles

The bolded, to me at least, is pretty much saying that Ubisoft's teams will try to incorporate as much from the high-end versions into the older console versions. No one should expect all versions to be exactly the same across the board. Each version, if Ubisoft takes their time, should be built to perform at its absolute best on its respective platform.

Your fallacy is rooted in you, in your own mind, including wii u with the older consoles. One "current" console is also in the next gen category. Sounds like the sii u hardware was a target. Ps4 and 720 too. Downgraded to ps3 and 360.

Not something ubi said. They include wii u in next gen statements.

Try harder.

The watch dogs footage shown on ps4 is seriously nothing beyond the wii u.

And the wii u runs high end PC graphics fine. Just takes a developer to care enough about understanding the hardware.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 23 February 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#94 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Same here, if its great on wiiu but better on one of the others I'll be getting the better version. Apart from the PC version, coz I don't own a PC.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#95 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Same here, if its great on wiiu but better on one of the others I'll be getting the better version. Apart from the PC version, coz I don't own a PC.

It'll be the same on all versions, but Wii U will have gamepad functions, PS4 will have touchpad (maybe PSEye) functions. They'll have their own flavor, which is awesome for gamers who love choice. Oh and PC will have mouse and keyboard for purists.

Edited by routerbad, 24 February 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#96 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

well if anybody wants the superior version of it and smooth online experience, PC is the way to go... if you have the appropriate PC also... ps4 is a crapy cheap pc compared to a pc.

For me personal, I have different aspect in that.

If watchdogs comes with moding tools, ITS A 100% buy for my PC. Moding is a next level.

If the game is like sleeping dogs style a bit more innovative... It will be a wii U buy. Because from a point and after, if the game does not appeal to me fo rmy pc experience, I can compromise with lower graphical capabilities, than pc, but also have more fun in my living room.

I made a topic in ubisoft about it, screaming about the bad ports... and requested them to be careful with that...

here it is... dont flame me, I expressed to them my personal opinion http://forums.ubi.co...atch-dogs-Wii-U

remember my old reply here? I ve noticed that a ubisoft employee replied to me, didnt expected... He only confirmed that is coming to wii U. Thats good, YOU ALL have to do that, because its good to let companies know what u want.. and what u need... it matters them.

Thats why I reposted it, so u can see.

Edited by Orion, 24 February 2013 - 01:15 AM.

#97 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

You do realize that the demo they showed wasn't running on PS4 hardware, right? It was a PC demo. Windows has come a long way with regards to overhead, and its looking like this console will have more overhead then an average PC.

Yes I'm well aware of that. That doesn't change the fact the game will likely be far better on the PS4 and possibly the new Microsoft console compared to the Wii U version. I don't have any console allegiance. I will buy a multi platform game for the console that has the best version. That said I tend to buy PS3 versions over Xbox 360 versions because I can't stand the Xbox controller or on screen user interface. I don't really have a problem with the Wii U's Gamepad or pro controller and whilst its on screen UI is not much better then Microsoft's its easier to navigate.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 24 February 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#98 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Your fallacy is rooted in you, in your own mind, including wii u with the older consoles. One "current" console is also in the next gen category. Sounds like the sii u hardware was a target. Ps4 and 720 too. Downgraded to ps3 and 360.
Not something ubi said. They include wii u in next gen statements.
Try harder.

I consider Wii U a next-gen console. However, the spec difference between Wii U and PS4 is clear. I don't see the gap being as big as Wii--->PS3/360, but there will be clear performance differences(resolution, FPS, AI, on-screen action/detail, etc...). If Ubisoft plays to the PS4's strengths, Watch Dogs on PS4 will look better than the Wii U version, but the difference shouldn't be dramatic. Not difficult to grasp. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by Crispy Bacon, 24 February 2013 - 12:08 PM.

Posted Image

#99 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

if wii U is about 2x than a ps3, ps4 is about 3x from a ps3... no more. As for the ones who advertise ps4 as the ultimate platform even over the PC...

dont forget to make them 1080p
pc at 2007

pc 2012 (tech demo of GTX6xx series)

But there is good news for the industry, thats what I am afraid about wii U... Now that the consoles turn into x86 tech, is going to be cheaper for developers to make a game, so they will invest in better pc graphic technologies and we will see much more pc wise tech games... finally. Its not that wii u cant do what the others can, its just more expensive, except if the game is an exclusive...

Edited by Orion, 24 February 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#100 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

I hope Nintendo fans who own other consoles will make the Wii U their first choice for 3rd party titles over the next 2 years if they want to see future support.

There's no point in complaining about lack of support if you ignore what support there is.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ubisoft, watch dogs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!