Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

When I bought the WiiU I thought....well, maybe in a few months I'll regret this move, apart from the exclusives, I didn't expect too much from third party from the start. Understand I'm a gadget lover and a Nintendo fan so I just could not not buy the WiiU. Today, watching the PS4 announcement, I was really afraid that this moment of regret would kick in.....it didn't.

Social intergration, WiiU has it and it can easily work that further out with a partner to supply videosharing too.
'Away from keyboard', can be done by utilising devs with the means (MonsterHunter/3ds/wiiu but Nintendo must do a Buy Both at one price action)
Second Screen offTV play...WiiU has and with a bigger screen (if maybe a bit less quality)
Okay, the PS4 has much better graphics but they just not blown me away with ingame video's or even a real life demo of a game.

So how far along is Sony it all? I believe this is a Dreamcast Marketing Idea from Sony. Start promissing the world about the PS4 and they'll stop buying WiiU's because PS4 is coming. Guess what, I don't believe it. Not only did we see any real stuff that's near completion....I missed the console design....Did I really mis that? Where the heck was the console? It must not even be finished.

Al in all, I'm pretty happy with my WiiU, Watchdogs announced. Now it is up to Xbox, and they are in no hurry. Why would they? PS4 isn't coming and WiiU is not grabbing much attention so MS can just wait, build it's portfolio and see how far they are around June.

What is important though is what Nintendo does next. They must focus on Next Gen right NOW. Step out of they shadow of the upcoming consoles and make gamers happy right now. There is only one party that needs to step up right now...IT'S NINTENDO. They have a timeframe between now (1st of March - and Mid June (e3).....Make it happen!

Edited by Lupaie, 20 February 2013 - 10:09 PM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

i wonder if sony or microsoft is scared of what nintendo might do and be capable of even if its just a little?could be a reason why sony is trying so hard to make theirs a powerhouse. but i agree that nintendo needs to do something real soon. they cant just wait around and let the hype build for orbis and durango.

#3 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

When I bought the WiiU I thought....well, maybe in a few months I'll regret this move, apart from the exclusives, I didn't expect too much from third party from the start. Understand I'm a gadget lover and a Nintendo fan so I just could not not buy the WiiU. Today, watching the PS4 announcement, I was really afraid that this moment of regret would kick in.....it didn't.

Social intergration, WiiU has it and it can easily work that further out with a partner to supply videosharing too.
'Away from keyboard', can be done by utilising devs with the means (MonsterHunter/3ds/wiiu but Nintendo must do a Buy Both at one price action)
Second Screen offTV play...WiiU has and with a bigger screen (if maybe a bit less quality)
Okay, the PS4 has much better graphics but they just not blown me away with ingame video's or even a real life demo of a game.

So how far along is Sony it all? I believe this is a Dreamcast Marketing Idea from Sony. Start promissing the world about the PS4 and they'll stop buying WiiU's because PS4 is coming. Guess what, I don't believe it. Not only did we see any real stuff that's near completion....I missed the console design....Did I really mis that? Where the heck was the console? It must not even be finished.

Al in all, I'm pretty happy with my WiiU, Watchdogs announced. Now it is up to Xbox, and they are in no hurry. Why would they? PS4 isn't coming and WiiU is not grabbing much attention so MS can just wait, build it's portfolio and see how far they are around June.

What is important though is what Nintendo does next. They must focus on Next Gen right NOW. Step out of they shadow of the upcoming consoles and make gamers happy right now. There is only one party that needs to step up right now...IT'S NINTENDO. They have a timeframe between now (1st of March - and Mid June (e3).....Make it happen!

Well said :)

I still have my worries for third party support, but im still confident that Nintendo will pull off something amazing that will make the WiiU a must have.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#4 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Ninty is the master of doing what it wants to do, they march to the beat of their own drum...They are gonna walk into E3,Miyamoto, Iwata and Reggie will sit down in the fold out chairs,watch Sony and Microsoft's conference, smirk and snicker among themselves then walk up on stage and just make it rain games left and right

They are gonna just blow the room off with games, all the 3rd party partnerships we have been hearing about will be showed off, the retro project will be shown, all the already announced games, possibly even a Miyamoto secret game or two?

"Bend over and grab your ankles Sony and Microsoft... because Nintendo's gonna have their way with you"--- The official slogan of 2013 Nintendo E3

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Ninty is the master of doing what it wants to do, they march to the beat of their own drum...They are gonna walk into E3,Miyamoto, Iwata and Reggie will sit down in the fold out chairs,watch Sony and Microsoft's conference, smirk and snicker among themselves then walk up on stage and just make it rain games left and right

Posted Image

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

I think they should show a Retro devved COD-(graphicswhore) beating trailer of Metroid. Show the world that there is not that much difference between the new Killzone and what WiiU does. They need this gap between now and e3 to grow the install base. After that is will be 3times as hard.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#7 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

I hate to say it but with the exception of seconds of bayonnetta 2 and xenoblade game in progress I havent seen much to suggest that the wiiu is capable of those type of graphics.Killzones graphics last night were amazing textures,water,mirror effect and smoke all looked markedly better than anything console based I have seen to date.Oh and if the ps4 can produce graphics like that now pre launch what will it be capable of later?I mean these boards are full of people saying it ill take time for devs to produce better graphics.With the exception of monster hunter I dont see any other games for pre e3 that are going to help the wiiu sell millions of consoles in year where january saw 57k sales.
Posted Image

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

The OP is right, you know that big gun Nintendo have? Yeah well they need to fire it, NOW!!!

#9 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

I hate to say it but with the exception of seconds of bayonnetta 2 and xenoblade game in progress I havent seen much to suggest that the wiiu is capable of those type of graphics.Killzones graphics last night were amazing textures,water,mirror effect and smoke all looked markedly better than anything console based I have seen to date.Oh and if the ps4 can produce graphics like that now pre launch what will it be capable of later?I mean these boards are full of people saying it ill take time for devs to produce better graphics.With the exception of monster hunter I dont see any other games for pre e3 that are going to help the wiiu sell millions of consoles in year where january saw 57k sales.

Yeah, but those games showcased by Sony hardly made Wii U games look like the Wii either. The graphical difference I've seen so far (main pt: SO FAR) are so minimal that it hardly warrants me to pick-up a PS4 to replace my X360 as my second console!!! I was expecting PS4 to make the Wii U look like the Dreamcast game compared to the original Xbox and they fell flat on that expectations in my opinion. Speaking of Jan2013 sales, the Wii U still managed to sell above the PSV if I remember correctly; and that system is still not doomed after nearly a year of release. A price cut will most definitely happen sometime this year (probably a unified SKU to $299.99 w/NintendoLand) to combat the release of PS4 and X720 this November. I want to know how those systems will fare when they release this November with a price tag of $400 or more!!!

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Yeah, but those games showcased by Sony hardly made Wii U games look like the Wii either. The graphical difference I've seen so far (main pt: SO FAR) are so minimal that it hardly warrants me to pick-up a PS4 to replace my X360 as my second console!!! I was expecting PS4 to make the Wii U look like the Dreamcast game compared to the original Xbox and they fell flat on that expectations in my opinion. Speaking of Jan2013 sales, the Wii U still managed to sell above the PSV if I remember correctly; and that system is still not doomed after nearly a year of release. A price cut will most definitely happen sometime this year (probably a unified SKU to $299.99 w/NintendoLand) to combat the release of PS4 and X720 this November. I want to know how those systems will fare when they release this November with a price tag of $400 or more!!!

You can't tell from a press conference streamed over the Internet or You Tube videos the actual quality of the graphics. Going by the hardware specs of the PS4 it has the potential to produce far better graphics then the Wii U.

#11 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

You can't tell from a press conference streamed over the Internet or You Tube videos the actual quality of the graphics. Going by the hardware specs of the PS4 it has the potential to produce far better graphics then the Wii U.

Yeah, potential. It's just they didn't use any of it. A lot of the demos didn't look that great, and the screenshots appear to be bullshots, particularly the Killzone ones.

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Yeah, potential. It's just they didn't use any of it. A lot of the demos didn't look that great, and the screenshots appear to be bullshots, particularly the Killzone ones.

I disagree. The Killzone and Drive Club demos oth looked pretty good especially for games in development. The Killzone was a demo being played in real time. To be honest they didn't show a lot of game content overall during the two hours and I'm sure we will see more over the coming months and different game shows taking place this year. It may not be as a big a leap this time round but there will be a difference. In any case its not just about the games but the whole console and games playing experience which made the PS4 all the more impressive.

#13 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I disagree. The Killzone and Drive Club demos oth looked pretty good especially for games in development. The Killzone was a demo being played in real time. To be honest they didn't show a lot of game content overall during the two hours and I'm sure we will see more over the coming months and different game shows taking place this year. It may not be as a big a leap this time round but there will be a difference. In any case its not just about the games but the whole console and games playing experience which made the PS4 all the more impressive.

The environments in Killzone looked great, yeah, but the character models and lighting were marginally improved from current gen, if even that. Watch Dogs looked very current-gen, and inFamous looked very similar to the second game. I'm fairly sure games like Drive Club and Deep Down were prerendered cinematics, since they looked about a thousand times better than anything else on show.

#14 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

The environments in Killzone looked great, yeah, but the character models and lighting were marginally improved from current gen, if even that. Watch Dogs looked very current-gen, and inFamous looked very similar to the second game. I'm fairly sure games like Drive Club and Deep Down were prerendered cinematics, since they looked about a thousand times better than anything else on show.

If you watch the Jimmy Fallon show, some of the background textures didn't look that hot either!!!

Good point. Which should also be given to the Wii U seeing how young the system is at this stage. I however still believe that that the PS4, despite being a step or two beyond current gen systems hardly made them look ready to be set to pasteur. It would be truly disappointing for Sony to ask people to fork over $400 on a system with no BC and only a modest boost visually as it's main selling point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!