Photo

Nintendo please dont rush the wii u out!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:57 PM

What with the news that Nintendo are struggling to get the final hardware together in time for developers to create games on, should WE ( the nintendo fans ) beg nintendo to come out and say, " we need more time "? I would rather wait another 6 months or a year for ninty to go away, and get this right. Tech would get cheeper so the chips inside would be better and that would be much better for all of us surely. Lets all just stick with our wii's and 3ds's until the godfathers of gaming give us and the developers the kick ass console we all want!

#2 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:51 AM

Well, this story is a little old. Even so, you would expect teething problems with new tech, it's par for the course.

I don't buy the idea that, even if this is true, it is causing serious problems for developers. As we saw at E3 a controller with a wired connection works fine, that is all the devs need. Anything they can do on a wired connection should work with the new streaming connection Nintendo are developing.

Whatever the reality of the situation, Nintendo are unlikely to launch a new console that they are unsure of. Of the big three console makers, they have the better track record for reliable hardware.

#3 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:15 AM

It really is expected for developers to have some problems with a new console. Even IGN knows that.
http://wii.ign.com/a.../1193291p1.html
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:54 AM

I too hope that the Wii U isn't rushed like the 3DS. That is mainly why the 3DS has the problems it does. The Wii U is a home console anyway, last thing they need is for it to be rushed.

#5 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:41 AM

I don't think they will rush it out. I think they will fix any problem with the system. I'm not worried, it will probably be fine.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#6 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

I doubt its rushed but yea I see what you mean.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

What with the news that Nintendo are struggling to get the final hardware together in time for developers to create games on, should WE ( the nintendo fans ) beg nintendo to come out and say, " we need more time "? I would rather wait another 6 months or a year for ninty to go away, and get this right. Tech would get cheeper so the chips inside would be better and that would be much better for all of us surely. Lets all just stick with our wii's and 3ds's until the godfathers of gaming give us and the developers the kick ass console we all want!

And by news, you mean o1.net rumors, right?

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 Oni-Link

Oni-Link

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Fandom:
    Phantasy star,Kingdom hearts,pokemon,Loz

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

The last thing we Need is a Wii U price cut and a WiiULight that has Joy sticks :laugh:
Posted Image

#9 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

Well, first off: The rumor states that Devs are finding it near impossible to use the controller, whether it's wired or not...

Now to debunk:
1. Many developers have claimed that the controller is very easy to get working and are very excited for it. No signs of trouble have popped up outside this rumor.
1.5. The darkstalker II devs stated that it was almost too easy for them to get the controller working, streaming the full game to it.

2. There were thousands of people at E3 that have used the technology, and they all claim it was flawless. When someone pointed out lag for ubisoft's game, they said it was the game and not the controller (And that it would be fixed).
2.5. It has been confirmed that the cords on the controllers at E3 were for battery and tethers ONLY. It was working wirelessly there.

3. Nintendo would not have handed out dev kits in the first place if it were not working. Now before you say something along the lines of 'But they were rushed because leaks got out!' No. It was not Nintendo that leaked anything, it was a developer. Which means they had handed out dev kits quite some time ago.

Now, as for your second argument about waiting so that things will be cheaper for it... Well, by the time it's cheaper there will be something better, and people will just complain that THAT's not in it. It's not worth the risk of leaving a dying system on the market to fend off PS480 rumors >.>
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#10 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

Nintendo seem to have accepted that they've made mistakes with the 3DS, so I expect they'll be keen to avoid a repeat when the Wii U is released. I'm pretty sure that the Wii U won't be released until it's fully ready (or as ready as a console can be for it's launch).

#11 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

From what I gather from Neogaf this rumor from 01net is either completely bogus, an over reaction from some of the earlier dev kits which are known to have several issues, or simply someone not understanding that generally hardware development at this stage is usually clustered and haphazard to begin with. An individual from Neogaf with connection with this issue stated that the latest dev kit fixed the streaming issues with the controllers, so apparently that no longer is an issue.

#12 kaioslive09

kaioslive09

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything nintendo related

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

lol idc just gimmie the expereince im waiting on

#13 NintendoAppleGamer

NintendoAppleGamer

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

I don't want another 3DS situation.

#14 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

I agree that these are rumours but theres no smoke without fire! I hope more than anyone there false but have any of us seen the controler working wirelessly? Nintendo are the pioneers of motion control but at e3 they were all wired, that surely shows us that the controller was far from ready?

#15 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:21 AM

I agree that these are rumours but theres no smoke without fire! I hope more than anyone there false but have any of us seen the controler working wirelessly? Nintendo are the pioneers of motion control but at e3 they were all wired, that surely shows us that the controller was far from ready?

The wires for the controller at E3 were confirmed to be for the battery only. We've all seen the controller work wirelessly.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#16 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

The wires for the controller at E3 were confirmed to be for the battery only. We've all seen the controller work wirelessly.

I apolagise i havent seen it played wirelesly please can u tell me where i can see it work. My mind will be changed maybe if i can see it :)

#17 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

I apolagise i havent seen it played wirelesly please can u tell me where i can see it work. My mind will be changed maybe if i can see it :)

Beats me. IIRC, it being stated that it was wireless at E3 was said during an IGN podcast or something... So look up one of the many WiiU E3 videos?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#18 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:01 AM

Beats me. IIRC, it being stated that it was wireless at E3 was said during an IGN podcast or something... So look up one of the many WiiU E3 videos?

Ive seen nearly all of them and there all wired, perhaps u should only comment of things uve actuaaly seen! Ive been caught out thinking i no stuff cos ive heard people talkin! Nice one for gettin involved tho! :)

#19 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

Ive seen nearly all of them and there all wired, perhaps u should only comment of things uve actuaaly seen! Ive been caught out thinking i no stuff cos ive heard people talkin! Nice one for gettin involved tho! :)

You read my post, didn't you? That was confirmed to be for battery. That and the darksiders 2 team has also confirmed that they've got it working flawlessly wirelessly. That's streaming a whole game, not just an image, btw ;)

And, yes. I am involved. Hence my post count >.>
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#20 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

You read my post, didn't you? That was confirmed to be for battery. That and the darksiders 2 team has also confirmed that they've got it working flawlessly wirelessly. That's streaming a whole game, not just an image, btw ;)

And, yes. I am involved. Hence my post count >.>

Im just a bit woorid that no dev has come forward and said this rumour is false, or nintendo for that matter. You think that damaging news/rumours like this would need addressing for nintendo investors interests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!