890 replies to this topic

#1 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

Heh, I don't watch cartoons, I'm totally into animes. Don't even know My Little Pony, but I know I can tell you at least 10 animes that are better. That's because animes are totally underrated in society, though I have to admit that the best animes are for adults - most of the animes made for kids are trash (Yes, AE) *cough* The-Pokemon-Anime-don't-know-it's-official-name and YuGi-OH! and this overrated DragonBall *cough*. Good animes are for example:

• Wertville's beloved Fate/Stay Night (good fights and animation)
  • Macross Frontier (most epic space fights ever, but aside from that trash IMO)
  • Full Metal Alchemist (don't mistake it for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood; FMA has almost everything ranging from good story over good comedy to good (but rare) action)
  • Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (has nothing to do with aforementioned FMA; REALLY good comedy)
  • Code Geass (good action and amazing plot)
  • Death Note (entertaining on a very high intellectual level)
  • xxxHOLiC (very interesting anime about the supernatural)
  • Ghost Hunt (interesting anime about exorcising spirits; contains some horror)
  • Gintama (probably best comedy anime ever; contains some dirty and excrement jokes though)
  • Darker Than Black (first season! The second season and the OVA contain lots of romance; DTB has really good action, but you'll also see a lot of blood if I remember correctly)

Looks like a nice list :P. If you have questions about a specific anime, ask me. And don't forget to buy any watched anime once licensed to support the drawers - after you've got your Wii 2, of course :D

Posted Image

#2 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

The single best Kids Animated show of all time. And one of the only dubs I don't hate (Though I watched it when I was young, so...). Great Animation, great plot, amazing characters... What year was it released? 1998. That animation is arguably the best animation from that time period (Video is lower quality). Plus it has a VERY large adult male fanbase.

Plus the Manga was written by Clamp, most likely the single best manga group of all time. Yes, they are better than the writers of Bleach, Naruto, One Piece AND Full Metal Alchemist combined.

However, if you do watch it, do yourself a favor and get yourself the Japanese version subbed... The English version is fine, but it re-arranges plots and even whole episodes! Plus they cut out all of the 'Controversial' relationships in the English one... And they wonder why North Americans are so judgmental >.<

Heh, I don't watch cartoons, I'm totally into animes. Don't even know My Little Pony, but I know I can tell you at least 10 animes that are better. That's because animes are totally underrated in society, though I have to admit that the best animes are for adults - most of the animes made for kids are trash (Yes, AE) *cough* The-Pokemon-Anime-don't-know-it's-official-name and YuGi-OH! and this overrated DragonBall *cough*. Good animes are for example:

Wertville's beloved Fate/Stay Night (good fights and animation)
Macross Frontier (most epic space fights ever, but aside from that trash IMO)
Full Metal Alchemist (don't mistake it for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood; FMA has almost everything ranging from good story over good comedy to good (but rare) action)
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (has nothing to do with aforementioned FMA; REALLY good comedy)
Code Geass (good action and amazing plot)
Death Note (entertaining on a very high intellectual level)
xxxHOLiC (very interesting anime about the supernatural)
Ghost Hunt (interesting anime about exorcising spirits; contains some horror)
Gintama (probably best comedy anime ever; contains some dirty and excrement jokes though)
Darker Than Black (first season! The second season and the OVA contain lots of romance; DTB has really good action, but you'll also see a lot of blood if I remember correctly)

Looks like a nice list . If you have questions about a specific anime, ask me. And don't forget to buy any watched anime once licensed to support the drawers - after you've got your Wii 2, of course

I can agree with you on Full Metal Alchemist, Code Geass, Death Note, xxxHOLiC(Written by my beloved Clamp :P) and how Dragonball is overrated (Despite it being made for ages ~13, not kids :/). Probably most of the other ones, too, though I haven't watched.

However, I must disagree with you on both Yu-Gi-Oh and Fate/Stay Night. Outside of the horrible Localization, Yu-Gi-Oh is an awesome show about dueling with your life as the bet. Think of it as saw with more card games and less blood. It was targeted at 13-15 year olds, but 4kids tried to localize it and make it for.... Well... 8 Year olds. The only reason they got away with this is because they did it before Internet Anime Subbers, so there were no real fans. Or else it would have ended up like One Piece did. And that wasn't pretty :s

The rest gets into rant territory about Studio DEEN, so read at your own peril :D

Spoiler

I would also like to add Clannad, Kanon(2006), Air, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles to some extent (Another Clamp :D), Angel Beats!, Bakuman(By Death Note creators) and one I forget the name of... Umm... Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. I've only seen the first few eps of it, but it might very well beat Card Captors in category of best Children's Anime. Think Magical Girl + Gundums. Apparently, anyway, as I haven't gotten far at all :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#3 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

Spoiler

*facepalm*

#4 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

*Points at guest*

He did it!

*Runs*
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#5 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:52 AM

You can watch Fate/Stay Night... But I highly doubt you'll consider it good unless all you like is action... Otherwise you'll probably consider it average at best.[/spoiler]

Action is not all I like, but the action + animation in F/SN were quite good, as pointed out in the parentheses. I have to agree the rest wasn't as good as it could have been, and the movie (Unlimited Bladeworks) is a joke. Someone who doesn't know the characters or the rough direction of the plot won't understand a thing because of how compressed everything besides the fights is. I only included F/SN in the list cause I temporarily forgot about some better animes and wanted to have at least 10 animes to show :D

I would also like to add Clannad, Kanon(2006), Air, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles to some extent (Another Clamp :D), Angel Beats!, Bakuman(By Death Note creators) and one I forget the name of... Umm... Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. I've only seen the first few eps of it, but it might very well beat Card Captors in category of best Children's Anime. Think Magical Girl + Gundums. Apparently, anyway, as I haven't gotten far at all :P

OBJECTION!

Angel Beats! had a lot of potential, but it, well, wasn't used (I'm talking about the anime, don't know about the novel/ the manga). The animation quality is very high, but besides that, Angel Beats! is average.

Also, did you mean Gundam? Never heard of Gundums :D

Yes, they are better than the writers of Bleach, Naruto, One Piece AND Full Metal Alchemist combined.

Not that hard, as the FMA manga is much worse than the first FMA anime which had a different plot. You don't have to ask about my opinion on Bleach/Naruto/OP, though I want to point out that OP is even worse than Bleach and Naruto :D

On topic (lol): I'm looking forward to Fate/Zero, which is going to be a prequel to F/SN AFAIK, as well as Code Geass R3. Please, don't (overkill spoiler, DON'T READ IT IF YOU DIDN'T WATCH CODE GEASS R2. You have been warned.)

Spoiler

Two animes I have to add: Mushi-Shi and Natsume Yūjinchō (second season: Zoku Natsume Yūjinchō, third season called Natsume Yūjinchō San coming this year). They both are two very relaxing animes about the supernatural.

Posted Image

#6 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

Okay, fine. If you guys want to discuss anime, have your own thread for it. I've moved all your posts out of the My Little Pony one.

#7 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

Actually, I was about to suggest we make a new topic rather than cluttering up the old one (It was kinda weird when I noticed that the post I was about to complain to disappeared when I clicked the reply button...) :D

Thanks for moving the posts for us :D

Action is not all I like, but the action + animation in F/SN were quite good, as pointed out in the parentheses. I have to agree the rest wasn't as good as it could have been, and the movie (Unlimited Bladeworks) is a joke. Someone who doesn't know the characters or the rough direction of the plot won't understand a thing because of how compressed everything besides the fights is. I only included F/SN in the list cause I temporarily forgot about some better animes and wanted to have at least 10 animes to show :D

The Anime of Fate/Stay Night fails pretty bad in many parts, as DEEN only likes to animate the action scenes, apparently, but the movie was just horrible... (Its Unlimited Blade Works, btw) They skipped half of the UBW chant and cut out any training, or character backstory. For instance, This [Warning, Blood and spoilers] was from the UBW route. And it was one of my favorite parts.

As a Visual Novel, however, it is the best of the best. Literally. I must warn you that the following link contains adult content hidden behind tags. If you do not want to/cannot see it, don't click the NSFW tags. This site is a Visual Novel Database, and that is the list of all of the Visual Novels sorted by popularity... And you can see which one is number 1.

OBJECTION!

Angel Beats! had a lot of potential, but it, well, wasn't used (I'm talking about the anime, don't know about the novel/ the manga). The animation quality is very high, but besides that, Angel Beats! is average.

The show was rushed, yes, but it still ended up pretty good, especially the comedy parts. I highly recommend it, even if it was rushed, even if it is just for the rocket chairs :D

Better than the majority of Fanservice based Anime out there, after all :/

Also, did you mean Gundam? Never heard of Gundums :D

My bad :s

Not that hard, as the FMA manga is much worse than the first FMA anime which had a different plot. You don't have to ask about my opinion on Bleach/Naruto/OP, though I want to point out that OP is even worse than Bleach and Naruto :D

I guess we're going to disagree on this point. I love the FMA manga to death, and B/N/OP are actually pretty good too. Those three's animes can go and die for all I care, but the mangas are at worst decent. As for the FMA animes... Well, I won't lie, I haven't watched them :s

However, most people agree that Brotherhood is better, probably because it isn't as dark and hopeless. So if you like dark and backstabbing plots (From what I've heard, anyway), go watch the first anime :D

On topic (lol): I'm looking forward to Fate/Zero, which is going to be a prequel to F/SN AFAIK, as well as Code Geass R3. Please, don't (overkill spoiler, DON'T READ IT IF YOU DIDN'T WATCH CODE GEASS R2. You have been warned.)

Spoiler

Well... Your 'On-topic' got our posts removed from the other thread, so I question how on-topic they really were, but I have to agree with you. Fate/Zero is based on a Novel that gets full support from Type-moon (Though for once it wasn't written by them), and it follows Emiya Kiritsugu during the 4th HG war. From what I've heard, it's really good. Though you should probably read the VN before watching it, as it might spoil a few things...

As for R3,

Spoiler

Two animes I have to add: Mushi-Shi and Natsume Yūjinchō (second season: Zoku Natsume Yūjinchō, third season called Natsume Yūjinchō San coming this year). They both are two very relaxing animes about the supernatural.

I'll have to check them out some time :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#8 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

Gurren lagann is my favorite Anime besides inuyasha, but inuyashas Anime ending sucked. Gurren lagann is amazing though.... And one of my favorite endings ever. Its kinda amixof DBZ and gundam.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#9 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:17 AM

I need to gte more active here...
Anyways, time for me to start chatting up Lucky Star and Charcoal Feather Federation I assume. Let me do this in two short paragraphs.

Lucky Star,
Where do I start really... it's from the amazing people who made Haruhi and Black Rock Shooter, which is the best OVA with a plot I've ever watched. Anyways, Lucky Star had a very interesting promo, which must have reeled in THOUSANDS of Japanese viewers, unlike BRS's TERRIBLE UNINTERESTING promo.
Lucky Star Promo
Black Rock Shooter Promo
If you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
I'm going to point out that the animation in the full BRS OVA has much higher quiality. The framerate is REALLY slow in the promo.
Anyways, you have to watch Lucky Star to understand how amazing it is. This ones for the otaku though :P.

Charcoal Feather Federation,
This animation is to put it straight. The most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I can't say much without spoiling, but it is just amazing. The animation is very high quality, the style is beautiful, the characters are great. The only rant I have is I got mixed up with genders... badly.
If you want to see this, just poke around the internet for a while and it'll come into your grubby otaku hands.

On terms of XXXHOLiC, that's an anime? I thought it was a epic vocaloid song by the best vocaloid artist in the world.
The Above Mentioned Song

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#10 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:47 AM

I really liked Death Note, Monster (awesome) and Bleach.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#11 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

My favorite is Dragon Ball. Of all the TV shows I've seen, none can match up to this show's quality IMO. It has a fantastic blend of action, comedy, and adventure. I'm glad that this show doesn't have ridiculous fillers unlike Dragon Ball Z; filler really took a hit on my opinion on that show. It also helps that there's something always going on and it has a great soundtrack.

This show will forever be lodge inside in my memory and I hope to keep it that way.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#12 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:19 AM

I can't really say anything about Dragon Ball 'cause I've watched it quite some time ago when I was four years old, but I can comment on DBZ and DBGT. Well, DBZ had some comedy, but the story is one of the worst anime stories out there. It even acts as an example of how not to make a story at various anime forums. I don't want to talk about GT, it traumatized me with its awesome badness. Not badassness, badness. GT sucks. Z is still acceptable, being a typical shounen anime, but GT should be removed from world history.

PS: I'm gonna edit this comment soon. Gotta add a lot of things, but I'm currently lacking the time for it.

Posted Image

#13 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

I'm currently only reading TWGOK, Magico, Cage of Eden (Eden no Ori) and watching Toriko (Which makes me hungry).

Edited by Waller, 12 June 2011 - 04:04 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#14 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

I'm currently only reading TWGOK

Thanks for reminding me that the latest chapter is out!

*Runs off*
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#15 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for reminding me that the latest chapter is out!

Sorry, Wertville. It has been delayed. :P

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#16 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

Sorry, Wertville. It has been delayed. :P

:'(
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#17 HotelSoap!

HotelSoap!

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikachu

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

Edited by HotelSoap!, 15 June 2011 - 05:30 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image I'm cute, stare at me while I steal your soul

#18 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

My favourite anime series are Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Ranma 1/2 and Cowboy Bebop; i also like Lucky Star though i have only seen a few episodes and Dragon Ball GT is alright but not as good as DB and DBZ.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#19 MaskMidget

MaskMidget

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros., FUNimation

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho :angry:
Posted Image

This signature contains one word: LOL

#20 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

Monster is pretty god, someone recommended it to me after I asked them for something a bit deep after my Death Note craze.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!