#1 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

I traded mass effect 3 With zombie U ( mass effect was pal and zombie U was NTSC ) so i  began playing the game and its beautiful.

I absolutely loved Zombi U after only 30 minutes of game play. Don't expect a game where you'll be immersed in some incredible storyline and lovable characters-this game isn't really about that. It's all about creating a terrifying atmosphere where you feel really alone and where you get legitimately scared and panicked when a group of zombies comes out of nowhere.At the begining of the game I was always prepared but Sometimes I find myself fumbling through my inventory haphazardly when I'm caught off guard by zombies because I wasn't prepared for it. It's a rush! I even start shooting poorly because I'm so panicked(am one of the best players in battlefield 4 )
Zombie U is just plain creepy and unpredictable. Best part about it is that once you die, you start as a new survivor with hardly any supplies (I'm sure you knew that). But that makes me try SO HARD to stay alive ( i died so many times now), making any zombie encounter terrifyingly realistic.

Most first person shooters can't create those types of emotions because you know you'll just re spawn again in a location right near where you died and you don't have anything to lose. Not in Zombi U. Survival means everything.

On the other hand the game is quiet buggy but this didn't prevent me of enjoying a beautiful zombie game that I didn't see anything like it since Resident Evil

If you take a good look at graphics their not top of the range but the environment as Whole is beautiful and gives you that sort of Horror zombie survival games.
this is a game you don't want to miss

I give this game a 10

Edited by Mahmoodinho98, 31 December 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

wtf is wrong with you.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

wtf is wrong with you.

Nothing, it's his opinion. I feel like Wonderful101 should have got a 9/10, personal too.

Back ontopic, it is a good game, don't try to understand reviewscores. Personally I would rate it a 8/10

Edited by Lupaie, 31 December 2013 - 10:09 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

Nothing, it's his opinion. I feel like Wonderful101 should have got a 9/10, personal too.

Back ontopic, it is a good game, don't try to understand reviewscores. Personally I would rate it a 8/10

He  posted like a lot of java script, lmfao. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

lol. first it said 9.5/10 then he changed it to 10. I loved to game, but I disagree. An 8.5 at most is a respectable score for this game. Lack of weapons, confusing save system, same zombies very often. Little variety here, but that said the foundation of the game is still great.

2lvmghw.png

#6 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

Agreed,great game with nothing else like it. Now I need a Roman Ryse style game that looks good and plays nice.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

http://thewiiu.com/f...u-game-reviews/

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Lack of weapons

Its set in London durinf an apocalypse. A few more melee weapons would have been nice like a knife, or a golf club or something but more guns would just be silly.

This game is amazing and I'm still hoping we see a sequel somewhere down the line. The game has a huge amount of potential. 

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

http://www.metacriti...me/wii-u/zombiu

It didn't get bad reviews, it got "it's a decent game" reviews.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#10 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Its set in London durinf an apocalypse. A few more melee weapons would have been nice like a knife, or a golf club or something but more guns would just be silly.

This game is amazing and I'm still hoping we see a sequel somewhere down the line. The game has a huge amount of potential. 

Exactly what I'm saying.

2lvmghw.png

#11 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

It didn't really get bad reviews. A bit low, but this is not the type of game that gets 10s from the journalists.

#12 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

I liked the premise of the game which is survival but I felt the game felt slow in the way that it was giving me headaches. It looks awful visually and it looks disgusting artistically(something about it that leaves me with those headaches).

Also I've given it several chances but after 30 mins I always feel the same and it feels incomplete like they had more stuff but didn't include it still I might give it another chance but I feel I'll just repeat what's happened 6 times *30 mins in head hurts game moves all clunky and looks awful*. To me it's a solid 5 not the worst game ever but nothing to rave about and not really a good game, it's like the WiiUs Knack.

Edited by LinkKennedy, 31 December 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#13 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

am very happy that that everyone accepted my opinion in nice respectable way and the reason i changed it to ten is because 9.5 was due to bugs but after i got the patch i changed it to ten

#14 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

cause its on the Wii U 

bb0.gif

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

cause its on the Wii U

Sad but true.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard that crackhead adam sessler reluctantly have to give praise to a wiiu game, only to find his out with the controller.

His gripe? Boils down to exactly this ( I kid you not): it's not the 360 controller. That's about it.

As if Nintendo somehow did wrong by not cloning a competitor.

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

"

Zombie U is a nice game but Why did it get bad reviews"

For starters.... READ THE REVIEWS

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#17 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:17 AM

To be honest, I can understand why low scores existed in the first place.

The game focused so hard on trying to be a Wii U Gamepad game that it didn't focus hard enough on being a good game. And by good, I mean a game that doesn't alienate player habit so upfront. There is far too much going on with the Gamepad most of the time, in terms of making a player dropping the game before finishing it, it becomes a really fast, ugly push.

The way the death mechanic works, I like. The way a shambling survivor corpse becomes a revival of goods or new ones, I like. What I don't like is consistent craning of my neck. Pro Controller support alongside a Gamepad inventory would have been a great asset and made the game a lot less of a dancing spine. I would've also enjoyed changing the melee weapon or at least have the option to reinforce the bat with wood or metal. And while the developers did attempt to make a realistic approach to a lot of the game (perhaps too much), beating an enemy with melee is overly tedious. The least they could have done was given a beat down option when you successfully hit them (whether that'd be a stealth hit or a stun hit).

Basically, ZombiU tried too hard too fast. More time should've been devoted to it and it should've released later. If they had done that they would've at least detected basic difficulties with the gameplay.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!