• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:39 AM

I put this game on the backburner for awhile and am now halfway through it. At first, I thought this game confirmed my suspicions that this was a Dynasty Warriors game with a Legend of Zelda skin. I was slightly wrong. Beneath it lies a good Legend of Zelda storyline with beautiful cinematics, and many good Legend of Zelda-isms. I feel that this game IS a real entry in the Legend of Zelda series.

That being said, had Nintendo developed the game, I think they still could have done a better job. Not because this game is bad, but because this game, bearing the Zelda name, had so much to live up to!

The difficulty of this game seems a bit wacky. When you play on normal difficulty, it is hard. But not a good kind of hard. An "occasionally withholds important information from the player" sort of hard. I put the game on Easy, which instead offers no challenge, and am still scratching my head on how I beat a certain boss in a 4th chapter, that I somehow fell randomly on Easy but couldn't beat at all on Normal.

Nevertheless, this game is really good. Buy it if:

You like Legend of Zelda games.

And especially if:

You like Legend of Zelda and Dynasty Warriors games.

My score: 8.8/10

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:54 AM

The cut scenes are very well done and Anounma even said they have to raise their own bar regarding scenes for Zelda u.

I've played other entries in the series before but with it being in the Zelda universe it gives me more of a hook to get more involved in the characters.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:17 AM

I've played other entries in the series before but with it being in the Zelda universe it gives me more of a hook to get more involved in the characters.

I agree, never played a Dynasty Warrior game and probably still wouldn't have interest otherwise.

I have to disagree with the difficulty aspect when it comes to Normal. I was overwhelmed at first with all the things happening on the map and trying to pay attention to it all. After that is all figured it out the only thing difficult about the game is the challenge. Unlocking more powerful weapons along with leveling up your characters is essential for most parts in Adventure Mode. Knowing when to dodge, figuring out which combos are needed at certain times and knowing when your enemies smash meter is about to come up and needs to be attacked is part of the challenge. I admit that when you get to harder levels through out Adventure Mode and your character is just short of powerful enough to win it can be frustrating and it is going to take unreasonable amounts of time to 100% everything (which I'm pleased with).

The story was just ok to me though yes the cinematics where well done and beautiful. I don't consider it a normal entry in the series because quite honestly it's not really a Zelda game. However there is certainly nothing wrong with that here. I love the game and the content. It's a perfectly crafted and caring love letter to Zelda fans and I wish they would make another someday. 

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

The game felt too different to me to be considered a "Zelda" Game, and I'm not talking about just the gameplay itself.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#5 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:15 AM

I think as soon as you learn the combos properly, and start paying attention to what the game tells you to do strategy-wise, the game isn't very difficult on Hard either. Not exactly my type of game, I'm not really a fan of running around killing hundreds of enemies like a lawn mower, but the boss fights were all right.

#6 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

I can't get over the fact that there isn't a jump button. It just drives me crazy. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!