#1 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

Alright, if you could have a sequel of any game ever, or even a spiritual successor, what game would it be? And also, what would you want done with the game? Is there any changes from the original that you would make?  The game doesn't have to be a possible game, in fact it would be better to discuss games that definitely won't happen!

For me, it is a tie between two games. first, Banjo-Tooie (pretend Nuts and Bolts doesn't exist), and second, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

1. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie were the best 3d platformers of all time in my opinion.  They were both full of diversity, challenge, fun boss fights, and a million things to collect and do.  They both had things that were better than the other, but together they were two of the funnest(and funniest) games ever made.  I would love a sequel that introduced a new enemy that uses Grunty to destroy the isle o hags and kidnap Banjo and Kazooie.  The world would be enormous and full of diverse landscapes and interesting ideas, but just as quirky as its predecessors.  Though this game only exists in my dreams, it is still fun to think and theorize about.

2. Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning (KOA) is one of the greatest RPG's of the last gen in my opinion.  While many view it as a tired entry into a saturated market, there was something about the world that left me amazed and in awe.  Whether it was Detyre's vast cliffs and the city of Adessa's amazing and awe inspiring archetecture, or if it was Rathir's towering enormity that with the immediate sight of it I was taken back.  Whatever it was, the game hit a sweet spot in me.  The story was interesting, the lore was deep and complete, the world was spectacular, and the main quests were very well done.  However, there were some things that lacked, such as meaningful side quests and a completed and well done combat system.  Also, the world was broken up into segments that required load screens to go between, both of these things the developers planned on fixing in the second rendition before they went bankrupt.  Now the fate for this gem lies in the hands of Nordic Games, who are instead fixated on reviving a ten year old, ill recieved game.  

One last thing, the music in both of these games is absolutely fantastic, and both games are composed by Grant Kirkhope, who is a legendary game composer. 

Now,what games would you like to see made? Would you enjoy either of these games?

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

Herzog Zwei.

I was about 9 or 10 years old when this came out on the Genesis and my friend, his brother and I would play this all day and all night long. Couldn't get enough of the RTS type gameplay. It was my very first RTS game and I was hooked.

I remember starting off you had to pick up and fly guys to bases on the map to secure them. It was always nerve racking and I remember being able to transform from the plane into the robot and shooting down enemies to stop them from taking over bases haha.

Being able to choose different offensive and defensive weapons, put certain assets on patrol and strategically building up a good force to take over. I liked the futuristic style of the game and it's one game that always got a TON of play time with my friends.

HerzogZwei-Cover.png

I suppose for a sequel to this game I'd want more gameplay styles, more choice of offensive/defensive assets, online of course with more then 1v1, but I'd want it to keep the semi futuristic look of the graphics and art.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

7uZbuQf.jpg

Finish the saga. Seriously there is nothing I can change or add to Shenmue. Just finish the story. Finish the saga.

Edited by Ryudo, 05 February 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:09 PM

A new Spyro plzzz

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

A new Spyro plzzz

Your not a fan of Skylanders i take it? 

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

Parappa the Rapper 3.

I'm sure Greenblat can think of a story/moral/metaphor to extend the life of that character. More of the same would be good, but I'd want to see the developers actually utilize the hardware of the consoles. I'm talking photorealistic environments with animated paper cutout characters, maybe.

Or maybe a 3DS remake of the first game to celebrate its upcoming 20th anniversary, I dunno.

Megaman Legends 3.

We were so close, but we all know that Capcom wants the Megaman franchise to die. 

And of course, Shenmue 3.

C'mon, we need closure.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:22 PM

A sequel to Chrono trigger.

A REAL sequel to chrono trigger.

The kind Squeenix is no longer capable of making. Seriously, I enjoyed chrimson echoes more than cross, and that was just a rom hack.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

I will never get why Cross gets so much hate. Hell those guys are giving us XCX. Also one of the best OST's on PS1

On that note. Skies of Arcadia. Seriously we need a new Arcadia!

Blue Dragon and I don't mean the DS games. Just a full on console one like te first.

This is the part where I mention Wonder Boy but guess what Monster Boy is happening on PC and PS4 so I got my wish!

So to replace it Darksiders III and I say go with the idea Vigil was saying. choose a character havea  campaign and a online TPS multiplayer.

Or they could go full on open world RPG wth a party. DSII was like Zelda DSIII could be any open world RPG. 4 horsemen is your party.

#9 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:06 PM

The Last Story 2, with even more online stages, and on New 3DS.

Actually I'd even be okay with The Last Story 1 on new 3DS. But this is about sequels.

Edited by AllMyFriendsAreGhosts, 05 February 2015 - 07:08 PM.

#10 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:12 PM

A real sequel to Dragon's Dogma and Lost Odyssey!

#11 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

i actually want a prequel to portal (like before cave died)

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

I will never get why Cross gets so much hate. Hell those guys are giving us XCX. Also one of the best OST's on PS1

On that note. Skies of Arcadia. Seriously we need a new Arcadia!
Blue Dragon and I don't mean the DS games. Just a full on console one like te first.

This is the part where I mention Wonder Boy but guess what Monster Boy is happening on PC and PS4 so I got my wish!
So to replace it Darksiders III and I say go with the idea Vigil was saying. choose a character havea  campaign and a online TPS multiplayer.
Or they could go full on open world RPG wth a party. DSII was like Zelda DSIII could be any open world RPG. 4 horsemen is your party.

Im pretty sure a large portion of the people who would become monolith soft had left or were leaving at this time, I think the most notable one who worked on cross was Masato Kato, the fantastic battle designer, who I believe was the games director, and was not allowed to use his battle systems.

But really, I dont think with the perspective we have today, anyone really has a beef with the TEAM, that tried to make the game, but with the increasingly erratic PUBLISHER, who we now know created horrible work environments, impossible deadlines, and horrible hurdles their employees were faced to deal with it.

Chrono trigger fans didnt like Cross, because it had no similarity to chrono trigger whatsoever besides a story... A ridiculously convoluted story... A mandate that was actually put FORWARD by square, to the team, they HAD to make the game completely different from chrono trigger.

Right off the bat Chrono cross throws away one of the most game changing things chrono trigger brought ot the table, battles took place on the same map you explored. Instead, cross loads a battle scene, and places the party and enemies in the same exact configuration we had been staring out for generations before chrono trigger. Party in a line up front, enemies in a line in the back.

Completely gone are the moving enemies, different party formations, different move effects, gone was the strategy of waiting for enemies to line up, bunch up, or get close to a certain character, gone are the different shaped tech area of effects. This was traded so we could watch cool cinematic spells and attacks... Not worth it.

Chrono cross also switched to the horrible pre rendered back drops, which looked awesome, at the expense of horrible exploration and zero user interaction. Should have gone 3d with sprites for characters.

Chrono trigger had 7 characters who were covered very in depth, each with their own in depth cutscene that got them personalized gear, and expanded deeply on their characterization.

cross had dozens upon dozens of throw away characters they didnt even care about.

But, thinking about it now, Xenoblade is pretty much the closest thing to a spritual sequel we will ever see to chrono trigger. And it was pretty great.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

Yip same crap I always hear. It's not Chrono Trigger. meh. It was a fun game on it's own. Judge by it's own merits.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

Yip same crap I always hear. It's not Chrono Trigger. meh. It was a fun game on it's own. Judge by it's own merits.

By its own merits we dont judge it to be very good. It was a de-evolution of the forward movements chrono trigger brought to the genre.

It was flashy, but had little substance. It was a time sink skinner box, where your reward for playing wasnt the actual game itself being engaging, but cutscenes to watch that were distributed periodically. Just like every other pre rendered psx era square game.

The music was pretty good. Some of it. A few tracks.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:32 PM

Nah disagree think it's a good game. Agree it's not on par with CT but whatevs.  Squares worst is in PS1 era is better than current Squares best. Hell I would take The Bouncer over any XIII game.

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:01 PM

Squares worst is in PS1 era is better than current Squares best. Hell I would take The Bouncer over any XIII game.

I can definately agree with that.

I just see that Squeenix failed to recognize what people liked about their jrpg's, and increasingly began replacing more, and more of those aspects with cutscenes and cinematics... Until we ended up with a game where you walked what was effectiely a massive hallway, the entire time, until you got to the next cutscene. And it all began with the psx era rpg's, after the success of ffvii.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:00 AM

TWEWY sequel.

There's got to be others but I can't think of another besides that right now.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#18 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:07 AM

Alright, if you could have a sequel of any game ever, or even a spiritual successor, what game would it be? And also, what would you want done with the game? Is there any changes from the original that you would make? The game doesn't have to be a possible game, in fact it would be better to discuss games that definitely won't happen!
For me, it is a tie between two games. first, Banjo-Tooie (pretend Nuts and Bolts doesn't exist), and second, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

1. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie were the best 3d platformers of all time in my opinion. They were both full of diversity, challenge, fun boss fights, and a million things to collect and do. They both had things that were better than the other, but together they were two of the funnest(and funniest) games ever made. I would love a sequel that introduced a new enemy that uses Grunty to destroy the isle o hags and kidnap Banjo and Kazooie. The world would be enormous and full of diverse landscapes and interesting ideas, but just as quirky as its predecessors. Though this game only exists in my dreams, it is still fun to think and theorize about.

2. Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning (KOA) is one of the greatest RPG's of the last gen in my opinion. While many view it as a tired entry into a saturated market, there was something about the world that left me amazed and in awe. Whether it was Detyre's vast cliffs and the city of Adessa's amazing and awe inspiring archetecture, or if it was Rathir's towering enormity that with the immediate sight of it I was taken back. Whatever it was, the game hit a sweet spot in me. The story was interesting, the lore was deep and complete, the world was spectacular, and the main quests were very well done. However, there were some things that lacked, such as meaningful side quests and a completed and well done combat system. Also, the world was broken up into segments that required load screens to go between, both of these things the developers planned on fixing in the second rendition before they went bankrupt. Now the fate for this gem lies in the hands of Nordic Games, who are instead fixated on reviving a ten year old, ill recieved game.

One last thing, the music in both of these games is absolutely fantastic, and both games are composed by Grant Kirkhope, who is a legendary game composer.

Now,what games would you like to see made? Would you enjoy either of these games?

As a fellow ex-rare fan I must agree with BK. But I did not like BT as much since their levels were to big. One doesnt need super big worlds to have a fun game and sm3dw and bk are examples of that.

My game would be Maximo or Ghost n Goblins. I really would have a follow up to those.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#19 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:15 AM

As a fellow ex-rare fan I must agree with BK. But I did not like BT as much since their levels were to big. One doesnt need super big worlds to have a fun game and sm3dw and bk are examples of that.

My game would be Maximo or Ghost n Goblins. I really would have a follow up to those.

I agree the first was slightly better.. But I actually did enjoy the large worlds, what I had an issue with is the insane amount of backtracking involved with the game. In BK, every jiggy in a world was available from the start, and that is what I think made it the better game.  World size for me was a plus.. It always has been, I'm just an explorer at heart I guess.

#20 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:28 AM

I agree the first was slightly better.. But I actually did enjoy the large worlds, what I had an issue with is the insane amount of backtracking involved with the game. In BK, every jiggy in a world was available from the start, and that is what I think made it the better game. World size for me was a plus.. It always has been, I'm just an explorer at heart I guess.

Yeah maybe it had to do with the backtracking. I just had a feeling that BT was too complex. I liked doing a speedrun per level with 100% but with BT that was less fun

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!