• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

So did anyone join in? I tried it out for the first half hour today. I love it, but I kind of suck.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

Yeah it's fun I'm not the greatest either but kept having server problems.

#3 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:09 PM

Just finished playing the first session. I think I might pass on this one. It's unlike any shooter I've ever played but it's still a shooter at the end of the day and I lose interest in those pretty fast after the initial short-term addictiveness. Neat IP though. Hope it does well.

#4 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:09 PM

Yop! It was great. :D

I actually saw Nollog in one of my battles! :P

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#5 petarded75

petarded75

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:14 PM

Yes, it was fun, now i have to get up at 4am tomorrow for the next one.

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

For me it was fine for the first half hour, but yeah after that I just couldn't connect so I gave up.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:16 PM

No complaints, was fun and very different. Paint roller for the win!

I know it was a limited demo, but didn't notice any lag or game breaking issues. 

As i figured, voice chat is mute for this game, it's so chaotic there's no advantage to communicating. 

Everyone knows they need to paint anything not their color, simple yet alot of depth to the fun. Day 1 confirmed.

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

games definitely fun.  some minor quirks like no wii-mote aiming, and some of the button mapping, though the later can be learned.

The splatter-shot and splatter-shot jr. are definitely strong for early use, and easiest to use effectively, and the most streight foward

The roller is just good for covering the map, I found it best to go for uncontested areas or to sneak to their side of the base with it. Need to flank and use squid to reliavly get kills with it though

The sniper appears to be campy point defense. You cant reliably cover the map except small roadblocks for the enemy. Id recommend taking a vantage point in a contested area and hold it for your team. Other weapons are better suited for aggressive play, so i wouldn't try it. 

I also didn't notice any aim assist on the analog, likely to encourage gyro aim, which through me off for a while. Still makes me want ir aiming. 

Can tell there was a-lot of effort going into map design. Map design feels like it has similar levels of car to TF2 so far. which shouldn't be to surprising as that game launched with a similar kind of scenario. 

Yea, Nintendo's servers need some work. 

Also hope Nintendo goes for best of 3 by default if they are going to do 3 min rounds, each game feels very short, even though its fairly fast paced. 

Edited by tboss, 08 May 2015 - 08:20 PM.

#9 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

Good stuff

Had 2 server errors but otherwise was fine

VOICE CHAT or at least some form of communication besides "come on" and "booyah" would be nice. Sure it's chaotic, but some teammates definitely need direction. The game also kinda feels eerily silent with no one yelling anything, not even the squid lolis themselves.

Paint roller and micro smg seem like theyre gonna be the best. The charge is pretty useless since the range is good but not good enough and its terrible for close range.

#10 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:23 PM

Was great, I'm definitely playing the next two tests.

Edited by Great Sage Dante, 08 May 2015 - 10:23 PM.

#11 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

I did the whole hour, went faster then I thought it would. I think I got defeated more times then not overall, and got stuck on the warehouse mostly. After that 1 hour though I cant imagine the one map for 4 hours once it releases.  It was fun though, gyro was ok, was terrible at first, but then I hardly noticed. Connection was pretty great, a few errors but not much, and for one match there was some ink lag. For the first one, it went pretty well. I liked the roller the most, splatter gun second, charger last. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#12 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:05 AM

Woke up bright and early for this next session... Here we go! :D

Super fun again!

PSA: Start the tutorial before the server closes and you can play the tutorial indefinitely.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#13 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:25 AM

Had to mention this, had a problem connecting for like the first 4 mins but after the that the whole hour was smooth as buttah.

#14 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:09 AM

Pretty much my experiance

Spoiler

I had a lot of fun with it, the hour went by too quickly and I was sad I couldn't play more, although I had no idea how to turn gyro controls off so I stuck with the roller since I couldn't aim with the guns.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#15 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:28 AM

Best game ever, Color/10.

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:33 AM

I already predownloaded it. I need to work on my strategy but I loved it.

#17 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:56 AM

Well I did finally download the newest MK8 DLC last night. I think I will just wait for the game release. My life is a little too hectic to try and catch testfire. Wish they had a regular demo option.

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

Well I did finally download the newest MK8 DLC last night. I think I will just wait for the game release. My life is a little too hectic to try and catch testfire. Wish they had a regular demo option.

It's a network load test, hence the short times. When has Nintendo ever did an open beta to this extent before?

#19 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

It's a network load test, hence the short times. When has Nintendo ever did an open beta to this extent before?

Dont know but is this how betas usually work. I thought they were more open for hours, days, or weeks... not three different one hour slots? Anyway I am loving this new mk8 DLC... way better than the first one to me.

Edited by GAMER1984, 09 May 2015 - 07:01 AM.

#20 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

im wondering what the noob nickname for the roller will be?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!