Photo

What Wii U Tablet innovations would U like to see?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Mario Kart, F-Zero

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Although already known, the wii u tablet will be using an AC adapter to recharge its internal battery.

My question is what other wii u tablet innovations would you like to see?

Edited by birdmaster21, 29 April 2012 - 08:09 PM.

The Master of All Birds!!!!!

#2 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

nfc(near field communication), almost entirely true,
long range usage(like the other side of your house)
stuff that could allow you to control your tv, or use the tablet as a univeral remote for some sort of interactive tv menu (it was conecepted somewhere
and im too lazy to add more
be warned you may have made a double post, dun dun dunnnnn
:laugh:

#3 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

I just want some sort of Streetpass feature and/or device with it
As well, I'm to lazy to add more :D
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#4 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Imagine an FPS. You are using a sniper rifle. In order to zoom in, you hold the tablet up vertically and it shows the zoomed in view like a real rifle scope, while the TV shows the regular unzoomed view.

Or holding it up to use Samus's scan visor or x-ray visor, etc.

Using the touchscreen to replace the function of a clickable stick (just tap anywhere on the screen quickly to do the same thing as an L3 or R3 button would do)

Inventory on the screen

MMO-style icons on the screen for RPG's (i.e. Xenoblade)

NFC
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Would U like to see... I see whatcha did thar!

Imagine an FPS. You are using a sniper rifle. In order to zoom in, you hold the tablet up vertically and it shows the zoomed in view like a real rifle scope, while the TV shows the regular unzoomed view.

Or holding it up to use Samus's scan visor or x-ray visor, etc.

In the inevitable new Zelda for the Wii U, the Lens of Truth (originally came from Ocarina of Time) could come back as a item.
You would use the controller as if were the Lens of Truth.

#6 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

Would U like to see... I see whatcha did thar!

In the inevitable new Zelda for the Wii U, the Lens of Truth (originally came from Ocarina of Time) could come back as a item.
You would use the controller as if were the Lens of Truth.

that would be AMAZING!!!!!

#7 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

I guess the title of the topic is broad enough to post usage ideas for games... right?

I'm thinking...

- tablet screen for endoscopy in surgery games (or robot/nanoprobes fixing circuitry or spying) while the main screen can keep an eye on vitals...
- LOVE the build management in rts games (or minimap/unit grouping management) idea
- LOVE the persistent sniper-scope idea (oddly enough, this also allows for the most precise aiming possible, given that there would be the sticks for movement and camera as well as the controller positioning for pinpoint aiming on-screen, potentially eliminating the complaints with both bounding boxes and fixed-center dual-stick or mouse aiming... though the whole system of movement together might prove disorienting or overly complicated)
- tablet player controlling a gunning turret on a vehicle, while the main screen player drives/flies
- dashboard for complex simulators, with flipable switches and pushable buttons represented on the tablet screen.

#8 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

maybe some sort of memory extension/sd card slot for saving games so you can play without the console when your far away.
more realisticly a feature similar to street pass

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#9 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

I have been playing a ton of open world games lately and I have been noticing so many things that would make them better with the Wii U controller. 1. The world map on the controller. I hate having to pause the game and look at the map just to see my objective or to fast travel in games. So I would love to have that on the Controller. 2. Weapon selection. I have been playing Skyrim and I always have to switch back and forth to change from Magic to bows while in the middle of a fight and It takes away the immersion of the game. I would love to do it right on my controller, without having to interrupt the game. 3. Split screen. I love playing split screen with my Brother in games like Borderlands and MW3. But it takes up most of the tv screen and it gets a little hard to see what is going on in the game at times. So I would love my Brother to play on the controller while I have the whole tv screen to myself. 4. Creative screen play. What I wan't to see a lot of on the Wii U is creative activities that you can do with the controller screen. For example, sweeping your hand around the screen to take of dust on a book or picking a lock using your own fingers. So those are some of my ideas for the Wii U's controller screen, sorry for the really long comment. :laugh:
Posted Image

#10 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

I have been playing a ton of open world games lately and I have been noticing so many things that would make them better with the Wii U controller. 1. The world map on the controller. I hate having to pause the game and look at the map just to see my objective or to fast travel in games. So I would love to have that on the Controller. 2. Weapon selection. I have been playing Skyrim and I always have to switch back and forth to change from Magic to bows while in the middle of a fight and It takes away the immersion of the game. I would love to do it right on my controller, without having to interrupt the game. 3. Split screen. I love playing split screen with my Brother in games like Borderlands and MW3. But it takes up most of the tv screen and it gets a little hard to see what is going on in the game at times. So I would love my Brother to play on the controller while I have the whole tv screen to myself. 4. Creative screen play. What I wan't to see a lot of on the Wii U is creative activities that you can do with the controller screen. For example, sweeping your hand around the screen to take of dust on a book or picking a lock using your own fingers. So those are some of my ideas for the Wii U's controller screen, sorry for the really long comment. :laugh:

no no its fine the more the ideas the better don't be shy to make long comments on my future posts, and also i would like to see some little features where when you get new content on your main menu there's a gift box similar to the 3ds, but instead of just opening it, with the wii u tablet, you would slide your fingers to rip off the wrapper, so it actually feels like you got a present!

Edited by birdmaster21, 30 April 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Lol almost every post is liked.

#12 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Lol almost every post is liked.

Yeah but.....I have 2 likes! I win......
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#13 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

i really would like to see haptic touch and a way to use the features of the vitality sensor. they could put the sensors in the grip and analogs sticks/sliders.

#14 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

Not sure if this is what you meant, but not only the ability to access your map from the controller, but just to one-touch fast travel across the map, maybe with a confirm step to make sure you pressed the right area. That would be amazing.

Otherwise, my insane wish is to be able to somehow use it as a portable gaming system and take it on the go with a slot for games (of course, never going to happen), and my not so insane wish is just that it still feels comfortable in my hands after hours of gaming.

#15 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

Not sure if this is what you meant, but not only the ability to access your map from the controller, but just to one-touch fast travel across the map, maybe with a confirm step to make sure you pressed the right area. That would be amazing.

Otherwise, my insane wish is to be able to somehow use it as a portable gaming system and take it on the go with a slot for games (of course, never going to happen), and my not so insane wish is just that it still feels comfortable in my hands after hours of gaming.

I wonder the range the tablet will have from the console itself, hopefully enough to get to my bed so i can play with it while my parents watch TV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!