Photo

Would a Majora's Mask remake be better suited for the Wii-U?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:43 AM

Do you think a Majora's Mask remake would be be better suited for the Wii-U? I think it would if you ask me. Why?

1.You would have quick access to all the masks.
2.It would look Brilliant in HD.
3.They could also have all 7 temples like they wanted to, and/or add more sidequests and masks to expand the story.

What do you think?
Posted Image

#2 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:54 AM

I'd much prefer a brand new Zelda than a remake.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#3 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:58 AM

I agree with CUD. Like a game like what they did with OoT for 3Ds. They made it 3D, for the Wii U they can make it HD. But I much prefer new concepts!

Edited by Camcam281, 16 June 2011 - 04:58 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Ryoni93

Ryoni93

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Final fantasy, Chrono trigger

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:02 AM

Well I gotta say....YES! It's my favorite zelda game and it would really benefit from better graphics, lighting and SOUND QUALITY!!!!
It's a game that needs more love.
I think they should do like they did with OoT 3D though, put a non-nintendo game studio on it so nintendo themselves could keep doing new zelda games too <_<
Yeah my favorite zelda game is not Ocarina of Time, It's Majoras mask! Live with it!
ps. chrono trigger is the best game ever....
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:17 AM

This, besides, I don't think it was good enough for a remake like OoT got, the only other one worth a remake is Twilight Princess but not still for a few years.

#6 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:38 AM

A link to the past needs a 3D makeover I think! <_<

#7 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:40 AM

Personally, I think that the 3DS is the perfect delivery vehicle for N64 re-releases (OoT has me stoked)... but if they were to completely refurbish the game (more akin to what MS is doing for the Halo:CE anniversary), I could see an HD version blowing me away. Even more exciting to me, in many ways, would be a re-imagining of the tale, like what Eurocom did with the recent Goldeneye for Wii.

Honestly (and I know this will be unpopular) I think Nintendo needs to cool it with the Zelda franchise for a while (other than these kind of remakes)... I like Zelda as a kind of epoch franchise, giving me a new tale for a new era. I would hate to see it become a serial, faerie sitcom... I think the same thing about Metroid, for now. I say, give me (or rather, give Retro) a new Star Fox... it's been ages for that franchise, and it would be in a great position to milk that HD goodness.

#8 MetaMS

MetaMS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:36 AM

They could do it but it would be nice if it was some sort of pre-order bonus for the next zelda game for the Wii U. Most likely not gonna happen but i man can dream can't he!

#9 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

I think they should do it for 3DS, because Ocarina of Time has already been remade for it, and since MM is OoT's sequel, I think it would make sense to go on the 3DS instead. I'd rather want a new game, but if there is another remake and it's for the Wii U, I think I would want either 3D version of ALttP or WW.
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#10 KillerFreak

KillerFreak

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

MM=Best zelda imho.

Remake=Leave it the F!@# alone!

Sorry, we don't need any more remakes.

#11 Hardcore Brawler

Hardcore Brawler

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Punch Out!, Metroid, Zelda, more

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

The big problem is that haters will rush to do thier work if this happened
especially when Zelda is the best franchise in video games history

in my opinion , if they were about to do some remakes , they should choose some of those old nes games to remake

Punch Out Wii was a remake for the nes one , and it was amazing and did not look like a repetition at all

but still , if they made a majora's mask remake , I will be Happy for that

Edited by Hardcore Brawler, 16 June 2011 - 09:39 PM.

Posted Image

by Cerberuz

My Wii U games wishlist:
Disaster 2 - F-Zero U - Eternal Darkness 2 - Madworld 2 - Beyond Good and Evil 2 (Wii U version)

#12 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

Here is my thought, what if they did a sequel to majoras mask?

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#13 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

It could be good, but I'd rather Nintendo focused on making new games for the Wii U, rather than remakes.

#14 Haha

Haha

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

I'm with AMAC^, I'd rather have brand new first-party content. I think if a remake is made, it would to be near the end of the life of the console, to boost sales. I love remakes, but i'd stay away from them for now.

Edited by Haha, 17 June 2011 - 11:34 AM.

#15 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

IT could be good, but I'd rather Nintendo focused on making new games for the Wii U, rather than remakes.

agreed, the controller lends itself to making completely unique gaming experiences, now is the right time to create new IP's.

#16 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

No, I want a brand new game, agree with what some people have said about having it for the 3DS. Remakes are all well and good but we need original games as well. The Wii U needs as much original games it can get rather than just remake after remake.

The good thing about the 3DS is that it offers a unique experience that the Wii U can't which sort of makes up for its lesser graphics/HD.

The 3D.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#17 Ryoni93

Ryoni93

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Final fantasy, Chrono trigger

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:25 AM

as I said earlier. Nintendo doen't have to FOCUS on the remake! they can keep doiing new games as they always do.
But I can't se a reason not to find a game studio "outside" of nintendos doors, just like OoT 3D, and let they make the wii u remake! with some supervising of course...

Edited by Ryoni93, 18 June 2011 - 01:27 AM.

Yeah my favorite zelda game is not Ocarina of Time, It's Majoras mask! Live with it!
ps. chrono trigger is the best game ever....
Posted Image Posted Image

#18 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:34 AM

as I said earlier. Nintendo doen't have to FOCUS on the remake! they can keep doiing new games as they always do.
But I can't se a reason not to find a game studio "outside" of nintendos doors, just like OoT 3D, and let they make the wii u remake! with some supervising of course...

There'll still be a lot of time and money spent towards to project from Nintendo, money and time they should be using in designing a new IP.
I would be all over a full 3d version of a link to the past, but with OOT and star fox its now time to focus on new things again.

#19 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

Im hoping they are recreating the style, like they did in twilight princess and skyward sword. Although im not sure I want a realistic Zelda again.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#20 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

I would be all over a full 3d version of a link to the past, but with OOT and star fox its now time to focus on new things again.

This is where I'm at, too... I have genuine love for the classics, and playing them again really takes me back. But there has been a LOT of remaking lately, and precious little progress into new realms. If a company relies too much on repackaging and re-selling to me games that they've already sold me before, eventually it starts to feel less like a service for the fans and more like a lazy way to make a buck, or even (and I flinch to say this) a lack of good ideas.

Nintendo is actually worrying me... I feel that they might be in the place that Disney got to be in, when Walt got old, endlessly combing over the old man's old ideas, looking for a note or a scrap of paper to turn into a full-length feature. I don't think Miyamoto is there... but I think that everyone could use a Pixar-like infusion of fresh genius - someone with really NEW ideas for a new generation, and an organic vision of future gaming that syncs with where the market's at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!