Photo

21K systems sold last week - Nintendos Wii U problems turn into a crisis.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

In just a week, the problems Nintendo’s (NTDOY) new home console is facing have cascaded into something sinister. The traditional post-New Year slump hit Nintendo’s home market in the week ending January 12 and exposed cruelly how weak the consumer interest in Wii U truly is. According to Famitsu, Wii U sales slumped from a pace of 70,000 per week to just 21,000. The ancientPlayStation 3 sold the exact same number of units, which is nothing short of a debacle for Nintendo. The hot portable console 3DS saw its sales slow down from 305,000 units to 106,000 units. This means that Nintendo’s portable machine is now outselling the brand new home console by a 5-to-1 margin in Japan.

http://news.yahoo.com/nintendo-wii-u-problems-turn-crisis-202924144.html

This is really bad guys. It's selling worse than the 3DS did.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

POPULAR

Remember kids. Whenever the Wii U sells 21K units in a week in Japan, it's a crisis that will never turn around. When the Vita sells under 10K units a week for many months in Japan, there's still time to turn it around.

All there is to do is wait for the games. I'm sure sales will pick up when it gets more of its announced games released.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Oh dear, never mind well I'm still playing mine so, and I'm glad I broght it, I'm sure things will pick up, the OS just needs fixing and your ID's need to be untied from the console.

#4 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

I think the Wii U will turn itself around, just like the 3DS did. While the launch games of the Wii U was better than the 3DS launch games, there's still a few problems preventing sales. Nintendo Network ID not tied to the console, no united accounts/eShop with the 3DS, freezing/bricking, or maybe cost. They just need to iron out some of these issues, and release some more big games. By then the Wii U should be doing at least decent in sales terms.

#5 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

POPULAR

Wii U Wii U Wii U! The Nintendo ambulance is coming to fix the problem!
Give it some time and the Wii U will be out of the hospital doing better than ever!

Edited by Bananas, 19 January 2013 - 10:40 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#6 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

POPULAR

Getting fed up of all the doom and gloom posts...just enjoy the blooming console and games..have fun,its why you bought it....gheeeeeez

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Well then, Nintendo should probably like, announce games for the system or something.

Who's going to buy a system with no games?

I understand launch droubts, every freaking system has them, but at least TELL us whats coming that we can be excited about.

I mean, im replaying wii games here Nintendo. Im thinking about BUYING freaking wii games (pandoras tower). Fix this Nintendo. All you have to do is stop hiding everything that would raise interest in your console.

Edited by 3Dude, 19 January 2013 - 11:00 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Getting fed up of all the doom and gloom posts...just enjoy the blooming console and games..have fun,its why you bought it....gheeeeeez

Not a doom and gloom post, it's just a fact this is selling worst than the 3DS did at launch.

Nintendo decides to announce something, we have nothing in the upcoming months beside Rayman Legends and MH3.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#9 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Well then, Nintendo should probably like, announce games for the system or something.

Who's going to buy a system with no games?

I understand launch droubts, every freaking system has them, but at least TELL us whats coming that we can be excited about.

I mean, im replaying wii games here Nintendo. Im thinking about BUYING freaking wii games (pandoras tower). Fix this Nintendo. All you have to do is stop hiding everything that would raise interest in your console.

The Cave Jan 22nd
Fist of the North star:Kens rage 2 jan
Ray man Legends febuary 26th
Spiderman March 19th
Lego City March 18th
Monster Hunter 3 ultimate March 19th
Need for speed most wanted March
Aliens Colonial Marines March
The Walking Dead;survival Instinct March 26th
Injustice:Gods among us April
The wonderful 101 Q2
Disney Infinity June
Dragon Quest X Q2-3
Pikmin 3 April-May
Game and Wario Q-2
Bayonetta 2 ???

What more do you want them to announce right now??? 0.0

Edited by Mushlikeahusky, 19 January 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Posted Image

#10 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

lol theres a few games anounced as the guy above has posted! what more do you want? the console has just been released.

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

lol theres a few games anounced as the guy above has posted! what more do you want? the console has just been released.

Majority of those games are lazy ports, Pikmin 3 got delayed to the summer, and Bayonetta 2/The Wonderful 101 won't probably launch until the end of 2013.

Some line-up.

#12 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Majority of those games are lazy ports, Pikmin 3 got delayed to the summer, and Bayonetta 2/The Wonderful 101 won't probably launch until the end of 2013.

Some line-up.

Seriously man really? This and the games the Wii U already has are 50x what the next box and ps4 will do at launch. They will have like 4 games a piece and people will call them geniuses.

And why do people complain about getting ports and then complain when we dont get them? That makes no sense. Nintendo is giving everyone what they wanted. BOOKOO third party support.

Between all these wii u games. Bioshock infinite, Dead space 3, the last of us. I dont see how anyone can complain.

Edited by Mushlikeahusky, 19 January 2013 - 11:34 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Its very expensive for its tech, I bet in the same truble will be orbis and xbox. We dont care about controllers, we dont care about marketing... fire all the marketing industry and give us better products.. :)

Marketing is the satan in video game industry... lol In the old days, I dont remember companies consider marketing as a major impact in a products price. Today they sell u corn for gold, because the marketing cost to much.. lol I remember a leak before wii Us release, that said, nintendo is going to tweak wii U, in the likes of the "market" ... well, they can drop a visit to this mr market and sell it to him now.. lol

Its not only consoles, but video game companies... We hear today for 50-100-200-500 million dollars in 1 video game. I wonder how is it possible.

Edited by Orion, 19 January 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#14 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Nintendo can't announce the games we want right now! Why? They need some big guns to counter the moments when microsoft/sony reveal theirs. They need to have their best e3 ever and they can't do that by releasing too much mario, zelda, metroid, fzero news right now, or can they?

Edited by Lupaie, 19 January 2013 - 11:41 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#15 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Nintendo can't announce the games we want right now! Why? They need some big guns to counter the moments when microsoft/sony reveal theirs. They need to have their best e3 ever and they can't do that by releasing too much mario, zelda, metroid, fzero news right now, or can they?

I think Nintendo unveils 10-15 new games between now and E3.
Posted Image

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Seriously man really? This and the games the Wii U already has are 50x what the next box and ps4 will do at launch. They will have like 4 games a piece and people will call them geniuses.

And why do people complain about getting ports and then complain when we dont get them? That makes no sense. Nintendo is giving everyone what they wanted. BOOKOO third party support.

Between all these wii u games. Bioshock infinite, Dead space 3, the last of us. I dont see how anyone can complain.

You know when this console was announced, right? June 2011. That's almost two years ago.There's no excuse for Nintendo not to release quality titles. Ports are lazy, cheap, and the majority of the time filled with bugs/frame rate issues. Publishers and developers had plenty of time to put out quality titles that actually take advantage of the Wii U hardware. Nintendo promised us that the Wii U launch would be different from the 3DS's launch, but they lied. They simply wanted to rush out this console to have the advantage of saying they sold the most units.The OS is incredibly slow, some games freeze on you, and Miiverse's moderating system is a joke.This is simply unacceptable. We have every right to be upset if we feel we aren't getting our moneys worth.

We don't want to play old titles that the HD twins had already, we want games that actually feel like they're worth a damn. People have every right to be upset when this console going to be out for three months in February and there's only one worthwhile title that isn't shovelware crap.

#17 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

You know when this console was announced, right? June 2011. That's almost two years ago.There's no excuse for Nintendo not to release quality titles. Ports are lazy, cheap, and the majority of the time filled with bugs/frame rate issues. Publishers and developers had plenty of time to put out quality titles that actually take advantage of the Wii U hardware. Nintendo promised us that the Wii U launch would be different from the 3DS's launch, but they lied. They simply wanted to rush out this console to have the advantage of saying they sold the most units.The OS is incredibly slow, some games freeze on you, and Miiverse's moderating system is a joke.This is simply unacceptable. We have every right to be upset if we feel we aren't getting our moneys worth.

We don't want to play old titles that the HD twins had already, we want games that actually feel like they're worth a damn. People have every right to be upset when this console going to be out for three months in February and there's only one worthwhile title that isn't shovelware crap.

That may be how you feel but I feel like the ports were done well. Yes glitches and bugs but this is a new console. Batman Arkham City is the best port ive played yet and they made it well worth my money by including everything the game of the year edition had and added new stuff. How many games have you played on the Wii U yet? You cant really say the stuff coming out is Shovel ware because its not. I dont consider E-Shop games like The Cave shovel ware. And I dont consider games like Aliens, Spiderman,Need for speed shovel ware either. If you play these on the wii u there are notable changes and differences. Like I stated before Arkham City doesn't even feel like the same game, why is that? Because Rocksteady took their time and reinvented it for the wii u.

The support is here. Nintendo isnt going to come out with all their weapons at once and when it comes to Decemeber and there are still no 1st party titles or big suprises then I will come back to you and apologize. Can you explain the problems you are having because I am an avid 360 fan. I play everything on it. But honestly if I have the option of playing the wii u version I do because the games run way better on the wii u than on my Xbox. Are you upset about 4 or 5 games not coming to the wii u? Bioshock, dead space?? We have other games to make up for those not coming. We aren't going to get games like Gears of war, or The last of us.

Honestly this is why half these games aren't coming to the wii u. When a dev makes a game they get a liscensing deal with the hardware manufacturer. They get or use dev kits from this company to develop for the console. The Wii U dev kit has been around for a while but not that long. This is why the 1st party games look better than the 3rd party games. This is also why some people might be having bad glitches or experiences with the ports. The dev kits for the 360 and ps3 are ancient and developers still have a lot of problems making games using them. When the 720 and the ps4 come out with new games don't count on 3rd partys making the big games first. It will be HALO 5 and Uncharted 4. You know why? Its because the studios that make these games get the earliest verison of the dev kits and have them months maybe even years earlier than the 3rd party companies such as ubisoft or Rockstar.

There is a learning curve with the new tech and once it is utilized and developers figure out the codes and how to implement them into their products you will see better ports and better first party games. The console has only been out for 4 or 5 months give it some time.
Posted Image

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

And then monster hunter comes out?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

The Cave Jan 22nd
Fist of the North star:Kens rage 2 jan
Ray man Legends febuary 26th
Spiderman March 19th
Lego City March 18th
Monster Hunter 3 ultimate March 19th
Need for speed most wanted March
Aliens Colonial Marines March
The Walking Dead;survival Instinct March 26th
Injustice:Gods among us April
The wonderful 101 Q2
Disney Infinity June
Dragon Quest X Q2-3
Pikmin 3 April-May
Game and Wario Q-2
Bayonetta 2 ???

What more do you want them to announce right now??? 0.0

Come on, stop going into defense mode. Be honest, Nintendo needs to turn this thing around right now. Announce a game, those games are pretty far away and these sales are atrocious. It's time Nintendo announces something.

Edited by Colinx, 19 January 2013 - 12:01 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#20 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

I think Nintendo unveils 10-15 new games between now and E3.

No offence, official Nintendo titles? Wake up! You're dreaming.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!