Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Okay Ive been hearing this topic a lot from my friends who are non Wii U owners, "They need a Pokemon Wii U game and I'll buy the system." they all say, It could work if you put a lot of thought into it. Such as trainer customization instead of picking a default boy or a girl, a co op style gameplay mechanic similar to Monster Hunter. The gamepad could act as your trainer bag such as unzipping it and  getting potions or pokeballs out and in battle you can select what you want your pokemon to do. And the big one, REGION SELECTIONS! Visiting Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, everywhere else from the series can act like server rooms you can join in. 

That's my 2 cents, what are your thoughts about it? Could it work and probably make the Wii U sell more or leave it as it is with the handheld market. I wanted to get that out there since alot of my friends are on the fence getting a Wii U. And probably change everyone's minds about the console PKMN games.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

It's hard to make Pokemon Pocket Monsters if they're confined to your living room.

I could only see that being feasible if this Pokemon game were to be the final Pokemon game. Since GameFreak has just began making full 3D experiences for the handheld, it might be a while before we see something like this.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Pokemon doesn't fit the MMO genre.

With the main series now going 3D i doubt we'll a core Pokemon game on the Wii U that was pretty much the reason stadium/Colosseum/XD/Revolution game exist to allow players to use their Pokemon in 3D, if anything we'll get a new Pokemon Snap, or a new Pokepark.

Edited by The Wakasyamo Fan, 03 March 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#4 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

It's hard to make Pokemon Pocket Monsters if they're confined to your living room.

I could only see that being feasible if this Pokemon game were to be the final Pokemon game. Since GameFreak has just began making full 3D experiences for the handheld, it might be a while before we see something like this.

They have to call it Couchmon. 

But we could have another game like Colosseum.

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

That would be awesome but game freak is too lazy and scared to jump out of their comfort zone.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

Bring us a cell shaded (Pokedex 3DS style) Pokemon MMO (with traditional single player campaign) that's what I'd love.

#7 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

For the last time a Pokemon MMO will not work there are currently 649 different Pokemon( which will soon grow once X and Y comes out) just programing over 700+ Pokemon with individual movements would already be a strain, Sorry to go into a rant but i dont get why people even bother asking for Pokemon MMO knowing it's something that cant be done.

That would be awesome but game freak is too lazy and scared to jump out of their comfort zone.

Get your facts straight, All console Pokemon games were done by Creatures inc(the creators of the Mother series) Game freak only does the handheld games in fact the last console game that GF ever worked on was Click Medic back in 1999 on the PS1.

Edited by The Wakasyamo Fan, 04 March 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#8 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

For the last time a Pokemon MMO will not work there are currently 649 different Pokemon( which will soon grow once X and Y comes out) just programing over 700+ Pokemon with individual movements would already be a strain, Sorry to go into a rant but i dont get why people even bother asking for Pokemon MMO knowing it's something that cant be done.Get your facts straight, All console Pokemon games were done by Creatures inc(the creators of the Mother series) Game freak only does the handheld games in fact the last console game that GF ever worked on was Click Medic back in 1999 on the PS1.

You don't have to have all 700+ Pokemon in one game. Each Pokemon is supposed to be localised to certain regions. Just set it in a certain region where only certain Pokemon live. OR just slowly ad DLC updates that add more and more Pokemon and more and more areas as time goes by  

#9 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

For the last time a Pokemon MMO will not work there are currently 649 different Pokemon( which will soon grow once X and Y comes out) just programing over 700+ Pokemon with individual movements would already be a strain, Sorry to go into a rant but i dont get why people even bother asking for Pokemon MMO knowing it's something that cant be done.

Just because you are unable to do it doesn't mean a dedicated studio can't do it over a couple years, and what Penguin101 said. 

Edited by TheSparrow87, 04 March 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#10 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Afro-shaking-head-no.gif

#11 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Mother (Earthbound)

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

I don't think it's fair for anyone to say definitively and MMO-type Pokemon game will absolutely never work. As long as Nintendo knows that there's a demand for it (which will only rise as time goes on and the average age of Pokemon fans increases), it seems more and more likely that they would take a risk and go for a project like this.

And I agree that it would obviously not be Game Freak that made this, as they seemingly have their hands full with the portable games.

The one thing I'm really wondering about is how they would make it work, especially so as not to alienate a large number of players.

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunit.../id/ThatGuy3333
3DS Friend Code: 0946-2437-3230
Wii U NNID: ThatGuy_33

e28pEYY.jpg

#12 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Afro-shaking-head-no.gif

You present a strong argument.

#13 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

For the last time a Pokemon MMO will not work there are currently 649 different Pokemon( which will soon grow once X and Y comes out) just programing over 700+ Pokemon with individual movements would already be a strain, Sorry to go into a rant but i dont get why people even bother asking for Pokemon MMO knowing it's something that cant be done.Get your facts straight, All console Pokemon games were done by Creatures inc(the creators of the Mother series) Game freak only does the handheld games in fact the last console game that GF ever worked on was Click Medic back in 1999 on the PS1.

exactly, hence proving my point that they are too lazy and scared to jump out of their comfort zone( handhelds) and build a sick game that would sell million upon millions of wii u's.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#14 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

exactly, hence proving my point that they are too lazy and scared to jump out of their comfort zone( handhelds) and build a sick game that would sell million upon millions of wii u's.

So your calling GF lazy and scared because that won't make a game that they don't have the rights to? Creatures co-owns Pokemon along with GF, Creatures is a first-party division of Nintendo with GF is a second-party division don't take shots at them because they can't make a non-handheld Pokemon game, obviously none of you guys know anything about Pokemon nor it's development -.-

Edited by The Wakasyamo Fan, 04 March 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

As I've said before, Pokemon IS a handheld experiance but I would like to see what they could do, just once, please GAMEFREAK!

#16 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

As I've said before, Pokemon IS a handheld experiance but I would like to see what they could do, just once, please GAMEFREAK!

Like i been saying Creatures are the ones responsible for all Pokemon games outside handhelds in fact GF cel-shaded the older Pokemon models from Pokedex 3D Pro which Creatures made.

http://bulbapedia.bu.../wiki/Creatures

http://bulbapedia.bu...wiki/Game_Freak

Creatures are closer to Nintendo than GF hence with every console Pokemon game were made by them, GF Can not do a console game, Creatures can however redirect your request to them.

Edited by The Wakasyamo Fan, 04 March 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Pokemon doesn't fit the MMO genre.

With the main series now going 3D i doubt we'll a core Pokemon game on the Wii U that was pretty much the reason stadium/Colosseum/XD/Revolution game exist to allow players to use their Pokemon in 3D, if anything we'll get a new Pokemon Snap, or a new Pokepark.

Can you explain this heartbreaking stand?

Posted Image

#18 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

You know what i give up, it's apparent none of you know much about Pokemon but if you want to dream about it go ahead.

Edited by The Wakasyamo Fan, 05 March 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#19 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

First you start of by saying it doesn't "fit" the MMO genre and because the main series is going 3D you doubt we'll get a console game.

Your immediate next response is "for the last time a Pokemon MMO will not work", there's just too many Pokemon to program.

Your next point is that Creatures is responsible for all console Pokemon games. 

None of these are actual reasons why a Pokemon MMO won't work.

Your first point is opinion and speculation.

Your next point is based on the fact that its a lot of work, it may be a lot of work to program all of this, but that again doesn't make it impossible, as you so arrogantly claim.

Your point about Creatures being responsible for all console Pokemon games is beyond me. If you follow the links you provided yourself you can see that indeed Creatures was responsible for the character models in all of those games, but only developed 3 of them, 1 of which together with HAL Laboratory.

Whats stopping them from hiring an outside studio to co-develop an MMO project?

#20 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

It would obviously not be Game Freak that made this, as they seemingly have their hands full with the portable games.

The smartest thing i've heard on this thread.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!