#1 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

A newly "modified" version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution has just been rated by the Australian Ratings Board.The update to Square Enix's well-received sci-fi shooter comes two years after the game's original release

Wow I hope this turns out to be true and gets released on Wii U that would be bloody amazing. :D

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 04 March 2013 - 04:25 AM.

#2 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

Again another game that's already been out coming onto Wii U, probably with no changes visually with a touchscreen map whacked on :( They better make this Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Ultimate Edition, and improve any criticisms the game got gameplay wise, because the game has been out a long time so they should at least alter anything askew with the original.

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

Another port of a game that's been out for a while. Yay. Everyone is jumping on that train.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Wow I hope this turns out to be true and gets released on Wii U that would be bloody amazing. :D

I want it.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

I agree. If it is coming to the Wii U even though it is a great game its just another kick in the teeth with yet another port of an old game and not worth getting excited about in the least. If this is the kind of support third party developers and publishers are going to give the Wii U then its going to have a tough time competing against the PS4 and the Xbox successor.

#6 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

I agree. If it is coming to the Wii U even though it is a great game its just another kick in the teeth with yet another port of an old game and not worth getting excited about in the least. If this is the kind of support third party developers and publishers are going to give the Wii U then its going to have a tough time competing against the PS4 and the Xbox successor.

Exactly, it's already had two years to saturate the market on other platforms.

This is just spitballing, so could be completely off base, I'm sure you'll let me know  :)

I wonder if they only recently received a dev kit, and decided to get an idea of what the system can handle by getting their chops on a product they already know very well.  I still think they would be better served to put their resources into a new project rather than a two year old port, but thats just me.

#7 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

My only hope is that this game comes with 

1) PC garphics

2) New content + all previous DLC included.

3) Excellent gamepad usage that enhances the gameplay and doesn't act as a gimmick

4)  Reduced retail price.

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

notther quick game. game development on wiiu should take 2 years just like all other consuls. final kits were recent so we get ports that take months. and some projects starting out with wiiu like AC4. but this is still better than wii

#9 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

My only hope is that this game comes with 

1) PC graphics
2) New content + all previous DLC included.
3) Excellent gamepad usage that enhances the gameplay and doesn't act as a gimmick
4)  Reduced retail price.

This.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

I read an article that suggested they may be releasing the port for the Wii U to get Nintendo console owners the game while they develop the next one for it as well, to entice Ninty fans to get the next game when it is released.  Perhaps also to show support so they don't get EA snubbed when they release a ground up game.

#11 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

This type of game is perfect for Wii U.

But Watch Dogs will steal its thunder.

There will likely be another Deus Ex for this new gen.  I'd prefer that.

Don't like older played out games on Wii U.  Then it doesnt sell because everyone has it already on other platforms.  But Wii U gets blamed instead. LOL

Get Watch Dogs for this genre.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 04 March 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

YESSSSS Deus Ex HR was an amazing masterpiece of a game, I'll buy it if true :D

#13 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

I would rather have a new Deus Ex game.

Posted Image

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Eidos Montreal is reportedly working on Thief 4 for next generation consoles. I don't know how big their team is but I would be surprised if they have the resources to also be working on Deus Ex for the Wii U. That said Eidos/Square Enix could always out source it which itself could be a bad thing.

http://uk.ign.com/ar...-coming-in-2014

It could actually be the game Australian developer Straight Right has been working on.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 05 March 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#15 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

already finished this ages ago on my X360.

what is the point in releasing old games on the WiiU ?

#16 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

For Nintendo loyalists who never experienced the story, perhaps to prepare them for the next entrant in the series.

Eidos Montreal is reportedly working on Thief 4 for next generation consoles. I don't know how big their team is but I would be surprised if they have the resources to also be working on Deus Ex for the Wii U. That said Eidos/Square Enix could always out source it which itself could be a bad thing.

It could actually be the game Australian developer Straight Right has been working on.

Straight Right seems likely, they mentioned they were working on a square port for the Wii U previously.

#17 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

I loved this game on the Xbox 360, I would definitely give it another play through on the Wii U. I can only imagine that the gamepad would be used for hacking and what not which would be awesome. Also hopefully all the DLC's come with it as well.

#18 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Gamejunkie, on 05 Mar 2013 - 15:26, said:Eidos Montreal is reportedly working on Thief 4 for next generation consoles. I don't know how big their team is but I would be surprised if they have the resources to also be working on Deus Ex for the Wii U. That said Eidos/Square Enix could always out source it which itself could be a bad thing.

streight right is basicly ea rogue wiiu team. heard they are working on a port and their own game. so dues ex is believable from them

#19 WreckinMachineX

WreckinMachineX

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Probably for people like me who wanted it but put off buying it. I'm happy to see it may be released for Wii U, as alot of other people that missed it the first time around too I'm sure.

#20 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Probably for people like me who wanted it but put off buying it. I'm happy to see it may be released for Wii U, as alot of other people that missed it the first time around too I'm sure.

then why not buy it for less than half the price now on your X360 ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!