Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

I don't want to sound doom- and gloom-ish but after the news that Battlefield5 was not coming to WiiU today revalation of MGS5 only displayed xbox360 and PS3 logo's. While this is no confirmation that it's not coming to WiiU it isn't clear that it will be coming either.

Source
http://m.computerand...-pain-revealed/

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

My frustration:

If they make Battlefield 4 and MGS V for the PS360, why can't they make it for the Wii U?

Wii U should be fine hardware wise... I really wonder what Nintendo is thinking right now about the future of the Wii U.

Edited by namkotje, 27 March 2013 - 11:52 AM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

My frustration:
If they make Battlefield 4 and MGS V for the PS360, why can't they make it for the Wii U?

Wii U should be fine hardware wise... I really wonder what Nintendo is thinking right now about the future of the Wii U.

the simple fact is they been working hard to bring it to the systems they know.
Give the devs a few yrs and they will start to port the games over. Then some more time they will start to have wii u version build from ground up.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

No surprise, I'll just get it on Ps3.

My frustration:

Maybe they'll just make another console, cause if this keeps going i just don't know what they'll do anymore. exclusives or not you have to have 3rd party titles too.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

It even sadder that most Nintendo diehards(I'm one) are delusional. They are saying oh it's fine Nintendo will rebound. Seriously thing are getting worse by the day.

#6 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Give the devs a few yrs and they will start to port the games over. Then some more time they will start to have wii u version build from ground up.

I don't think Nintendo will have much time for that. 

I losing my hope a bit for Nintendo (and I'm still a big big fan of Nintendo...)

#7 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

something needs to happen at nintendos head quaters

the ceo retires and puts a younger person in charge

i luv my wii u console but nintendo should of been discussing it with game developers 24 months before it came out

all people will do is buy a xbox 360 or playstation 3 console which puts more pressure on nintendo and again there sales decline even more

but you never know nintendo could annouce something major with a selection of game developers at e3

#8 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

It even sadder that most Nintendo diehards(I'm one) are delusional. They are saying oh it's fine Nintendo will rebound. Seriously thing are getting worse by the day.

Oh please. Most of you people are exaggerating. I jumped on the doom and gloom bandwagon when it was happening to the 3DS, which was in a WORSE position than the Wii U is now. Look at how it turned out. Never doing it again.

Edited by Gaymer, 27 March 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#9 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Oh please. Most of you people are exaggerating. I jumped on the doom and gloom bangwagon when it was happening to the 3DS, which was in a WORSE position than the Wii U is now. Look at how it turned out. Never doing it again.

I was the same with the 3DS, thought it was a piece of junk, having never played it naturally.  Then games started coming out for it and I took another look and had to have it.  I love my 3DS XL now and won't go back, I also have faith in Nintendo based on this.  I have several great third party games for 3DS and just a couple of years ago the same doom and gloom about 3rd party support was being bandied about.

#10 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

I was the same with the 3DS, thought it was a piece of junk, having never played it naturally.  Then games started coming out for it and I took another look and had to have it.  I love my 3DS XL now and won't go back, I also have faith in Nintendo based on this.  I have several great third party games for 3DS and just a couple of years ago the same doom and gloom about 3rd party support was being bandied about.

I know, it's like the cycle is repeating itself. By this time next year, these same people are going to be all "OMG I LOVE MY WII U. <3." It's hilarious to sit back and observe,.

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

I know, it's like the cycle is repeating itself. By this time next year, these same people are going to be all "OMG I LOVE MY WII U. <3." It's hilarious to sit back and observe,.

Exactly.  I think Nintendo stumbled on a winning strategy with the 3DS, so I've learned from that to give a little more faith in the big N to at the very least give us the Nintendo games we all want, even if we do end up playing some multiplats elsewhere.

#12 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

I hope you're right, but handhelds =/= consoles. There is a big difference imo.

Edited by namkotje, 27 March 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#13 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

That is true, but the same principles apply.  No good games, no sales.  Great games and a reasonable price/value proposition, sales.  I think the Wii U price is right, we just need more games, and Nintendo needs to continue to work to get exclusives and improve the system software.

#14 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Handheld market and home console market are VERY different. I'm scared because I lived through the GameCube age and what I see from wii u( as far as perception and negative press lack of 3rd party titles) Look scary familiar. I know sales will pick up, I know they will bring amazing 1st party games but I don't think that will be enough from making them the little red headed step child of the industry with its owners on the outside looking in wanting major releases for the THIRD straight generation.

Edited by GAMER1984, 27 March 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Handheld market and home console market are VERY different. I'm scared because I lived through the GameCube age and what I see from wii u( as far as perception and negative press lack of 3rd party titles) Look scary familiar. I know sales will pick up, I know they will bring amazing 1st party games but I don't think that will be enough from making them the little red headed step child of the industry with its owners on the outside looking in wanting major releases for the THIRD straight generation.

The only issue developers had with the gamecube was the disc format.  It was too small, and at the time it seemed like Nintendo hadn't learned from their mistakes with sticking with cartridges for the N64.  Everything else about the console was great.

#16 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

The fact is: We need a new ND with new exclusives(and some footages)!

E3 will be pretty late for new announcements.

Edited by namkotje, 27 March 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#17 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

The fact is: We need a new ND with new exclusives(and some footages)!

E3 will be pretty late for new announcements.

That would be nice. I'm hoping for the same, but e3 is still not very late, considering the other two entrants this generation aren't available at retail yet.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

I don't want to sound doom- and gloom-ish but after the news that Battlefield was not coming to WiiU today revalation of MGS5 only displayed xbox360 and PS3 logo's. While this is no confirmation that it's not coming to WiiU it isn't clear that it will be coming either.

Source
http://m.computerand...-pain-revealed/

I think it's clear that it won't be coming to Wii U.

The games engine was built for 360/PS3.

Maybe next time, unless they want to delay it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Maybe next time, unless they want to delay it.

Ubisoft already done that, who knows!  :rolleyes:

Edited by namkotje, 27 March 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#20 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

The Wii U's third party support is absolutely pathetic, still like it though. I'm really starting to think that they should do something fast.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!