Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

http://www.animenews...W2TJGScIzmKe.01

Video game news site Joystiq reported that Square Enix's Los Angeles office laid off half of its marketing staff and around 20 in accounting, IT, and events. Five to 10 in community and support staff reportedly left last week. According to two former employees who spoke to Joystiq, Square Enix will be laying off seven public relations staff members and head of marketing after June's E3 event. Joystiq's sources were informed that layoffs will also occur at the company's European and Japanese offices as the company restructures.

Joystiq further reported that Square Enix of America would be letting go of president and CEO Mike Fischer sometime in May. Square Enix only formally confirmed that the Los Angeles office eliminated an unspecified "number of positions as part of the corporate restructuring announced last week."

The parent company Square Enix Holdings reported a loss of 5.7 billion yen (about US$61 million) for the 2012 April-December period. This was the first time the company has dropped into the red since it was launched in 2003. It now expects an "extraordinary loss" of 13 billion yen (about US$140 million) for the fiscal year that just ended on March 31, mainly due to slow console sales in the West and "sluggish" arcade machine sales.

President and Representative Director Youichi Wada will be stepping down. Yōsuke Matsuda, who was just promoted to representative director last month, will replace Wada.

eEG8Ies.png

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

That's a shame, it's never good to see people lose their jobs, my thoughts are with them.

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

Nooooo, don't go square enix!!!!!!!! I hate it when studios fail!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

Except EA. They can fall whenever they feel like and not a two person fap will be given.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

Except EA. They can fall whenever they feel like and not a two person fap will be given.

Speak for your self. Regardless of what EA is like as a company you obviously don't give two hoots about all the employees who would lose their jobs most of which have no say what so ever in EA's business decisions. That's pretty harsh.

#6 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Speak for your self. Regardless of what EA is like as a company you obviously don't give two hoots about all the employees who would lose their jobs most of which have no say what so ever in EA's business decisions. That's pretty harsh.

And if they are good at their jobs they will have the opportunity to get hired by a better company. your point?

#7 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

And if they are good at their jobs they will have the opportunity to get hired by a better company. your point?

Apart from the fact there is no guarantee in that its not actually an easy thing losing your job and having to start with another company especially if its in a different location and especially for people who have families. Its not your job on the line so what gives you the right to wish for other peoples jobs to be jeopardized. So what's your point.

#8 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

True. I'm glad they made it to the most hated company 2013 finals... Again.
Posted Image

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Squeenix is going downhill. I hope their new president is better at fixing problems and getting the public what they want.

Signature_DK.png

#10 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

omg i need more final fanntasy O.O plz dnt die!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!