itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

For me X look likes a new RPG as for an Xenoblade sequel I am not sure that might happen.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#22 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

For me X look likes a new RPG as for an Xenoblade sequel I am not sure that might happen.

I think it's a Xeno for two reasons. X is the first letter in Xenoblade and it appears to have the same engine of gameplay.

Signature_DK.png

#23 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

I think it's a Xeno for two reasons. X is the first letter in Xenoblade and it appears to have the same engine of gameplay.

There were several games with "Xeno" in their name. Xenogears and Xenosaga come to mind. What stops it from being a sequel to those?

#24 xZero

xZero

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • NNID:EternalZeroX

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

either a sequel or the next game in line either way I hope it's good

#25 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

gameplay maybe but for my view of X might not be Xeno at all. It might be a hole new game and story. I hope they show more of X this coming E3.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#26 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

I'd be willing to bet it's a sequel to Xenoblade.  The gameplay appears to be the same, and the character at end could easily be an older Shulk.  If its just a game with similar gameplay, that's fine too.

#27 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Original post

Don't compare it to Monster Hunter. People often do that mistake, just like with Xenoblade. I would even say that the games share nothong in common. X is a JRPG, probably combining japanese and western cultural influenced art style and is centered on the storyline. They do share features, but they're used in different ways. BTW here I mean it if its like Xenoblade, which would probably be the case. What makes the biggest difference between MH and X is the combat style though.

Oh, and it will take place in a huge world. So huge it makes Xenoblade look like a demo to the game. Thats what the devs said.

i think im the only one hoping its not a xenoblade sequel lol im hoping its an original rpg.

Yup they must leave the masterpiece alone. Plus its hard to find a way to make a sequel to its story...

I don't like the look of those numbers taking over the screen with every hit. How..arcadey? And tacky it looks. Shame

Thats kind of the definition of a JRPG... Dont worry, while in game you wont even notice them as youll be focusing on something else.

Ok wow, yah, talk about a misleading trailer! The trailer totally makes it look like a skill based real time combat system. That actually diminishes my concerns, as now I have an idea of what kind of game it is. Thanks a lot 3Dude

I was iffy at the combat system with xenoblade, but its actually great.

Edited by Alianjaro, 13 April 2013 - 12:12 PM.

Posted Image

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

itogi, on 13 Apr 2013 - 04:23, said:gameplay maybe but for my view of X might not be Xeno at all. It might be a hole new game and story. I hope they show more of X this coming E3.

------------------------------

It will be a 'xeno' game. That doesnt mean it will be related in any way to xenogears, xenosaga, or even xenoblade.

The meaning behind the xeno prefix has changed. Its not used to connect games in a series anymore. Now its an homage to the person in charge of the game, in recognition of his work on square softs xeno series (gears and saga).

It appears to be a spiritual sequel to xenoblade. Huge handcrafted, never generated worlds, full of exploration, active time battle esque system instead of real time.

It doesnt seem likely to be related story wise beyond common themes shared, mechs, god complexes and what not.

Dont expect too much from the shulk face. It wouldnt be the first character red herring theyve done.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!