#1 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

Great news for Nintendo. With all the doom and gloom, this is refreshing.

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=200006

Posted Image

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Man i always look back and i wish that the Wii U was a rumor, remember back were everyone was exited and these crazy news started to pop up, like the one with Nintendo choosing what online service, EA or Valve. Everybody was hyped as hell and was rooting for Nintendo to pick Valve, but they didn't, now Valve is mad at them and somehow entered the console race with this.....cube of a console to 'Win the console war.' Gabe Newel for god sake! He was so interested in the system, the PC only guy, the console hater, actually liked the Wii U but blew it all up because of Nintendo's decision.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Is the Yen back under control?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Man i always look back and i wish that the Wii U was a rumor, remember back were everyone was exited and these crazy news started to pop up, like the one with Nintendo choosing what online service, EA or Valve. Everybody was hyped as hell and was rooting for Nintendo to pick Valve, but they didn't, now Valve is mad at them and somehow entered the console race with this.....cube of a console to 'Win the console war.' Gabe Newel for god sake! He was so interested in the system, the PC only guy, the console hater, actually liked the Wii U but blew it all up because of Nintendo's decision.

I remember all the rumors about Valve and Nintendo teaming up for Wii U's online, but was this ever actually confirmed to have been in the cards? I'm not so sure it was.

Edited by Crispy Bacon, 10 April 2013 - 11:47 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Alii

Alii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • NNID:zangoose
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing / Kirby / Pokemon

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Wow,

And this is before the true Wii U games come out + Pokemon X and Y and Animal crossing,

Epic.

small_zpsfe204a57.jpg

#6 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

So what does this actually mean?

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

So what does this actually mean?

It means they are not losing money thin gen, probably because thousands of gamers change their minds about the next Xbox.

I remember all the rumors about Valve and Nintendo teaming up for Wii U's online, but was this ever actually confirmed to have been in the cards? I'm not so sure it was.

Yes it was all over the news back then, Valve commented that they want to make an exclusive Portal game for the Wii U with the tablet controller, a Left 4 Dead prequel and Gabe Newel's new IPs for the system. Even having STEAM! Half a Nintendo System, half a PC. What a dream that would have been.

#8 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

It means they are not losing money thin gen, probably because thousands of gamers change their minds about the next Xbox.

Yes it was all over the news back then, Valve commented that they want to make an exclusive Portal game for the Wii U with the tablet controller, a Left 4 Dead prequel and Gabe Newel's new IPs for the system. Even having STEAM! Half a Nintendo System, half a PC. What a dream that would have been.

Man, my mind must be really fuzzy because I don't remember any of that and I was following the Wii U very closely ever since it was leaked in early 2011. All I remember was the rumors of Nintendo and Valve possibly teaming up for Wii U's online and that's it. Hmmmm...

Posted Image

#9 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Man, my mind must be really fuzzy because I don't remember any of that and I was following the Wii U very closely ever since it was leaked in early 2011. All I remember was the rumors of Nintendo and Valve possibly teaming up for Wii U's online and that's it. Hmmmm...

Ive been very close back then since i was really REALLY interested in the system....Not like right now. But it was about to happen, but I guess when they heard EA wanted to absorb Nintendo to Origin, they thought the same for Valve i guess.

#10 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

I can see it really just being Sony and Nintendo this gen if the rumors about Xbox are true. I asked at school and was actually shocked by how many people said they would rather have Wii U over next Xbox which shocked me since the ones I talked to own the 360 

Jontron.jpg

#11 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

Could you please provide a link or two to an article stating this information? I don't didbelieve you, but I would rather see some concrete proof, even a rumor.

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Ive been very close back then since i was really REALLY interested in the system....Not like right now. But it was about to happen, but I guess when they heard EA wanted to absorb Nintendo to Origin, they thought the same for Valve i guess.

I just read an NES article that reminded me that EA was actually helping Nintendo engineer their online ecosystem (EA Sports specifically) but when EA wanted to absorb it into Origin altogether Nintendo backed out.

EA has a little cause to be upset, they were definitely paid for their engineering support, but it seems they thought the relationship was closer than Nintendo did.  I would love to see steam brought into the Wii U ecosystem, allow steam purchased game royalties to be paid to valve directly.  They need to support multiple ecosystems and royalty plans that are attractive to these people.

#13 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

I can see it really just being Sony and Nintendo this gen if the rumors about Xbox are true. I asked at school and was actually shocked by how many people said they would rather have Wii U over next Xbox which shocked me since the ones I talked to own the 360 

If they were false rumors, Microsoft would immidietly say its not true, but its been 5 days....Sooooo....It means its true.

Ahahaha that's really funny, I told a friend of mine about this and he's not really a Nintendo guy since the GC and he said "The new xbox is close to $500....And the Wii U is $300.....That Wii U price isn't looking half bad now ain't it."

Edited by Julio93, 10 April 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#14 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

If they were false rumors, Microsoft would immidietly say its not true, but its been 5 days....Sooooo....It means its true.

Ahahaha that's really funny, I told a friend of mine about this and he's not really a Nintendo guy since the GC and he said "The new xbox is close to $500....And the Wii U is $300.....That Wii U price isn't looking half bad now ain't it."

Plus I feel as if Nintendo has more first party series. Heck I only got 360 for those two Naruto games Ubi did. (If Ubi release a Wii U version doing the Shippuden story..OMG!!!) I mean once the price goes down I will buy PS4 for KH 3 and other series but I can't see myself buying a Xbox 3 unless it has amazing first party stuff 

Jontron.jpg

#15 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

Great news for Nintendo. With all the doom and gloom, this is refreshing.

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=200006

Well it's good to hear that their stock is rising again after nonstop losses and such.

eEG8Ies.png

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Yeah me personally I've never seen a system hyped so much and fall so far as far as hype goes. Waiting for E3 to see what they can do.

#17 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

A rumor is a rumor. Did you people suddenly forget that some of these same rumors plagued the PS4 and Sony said nothing until the PS4 was officially unveiled?

#18 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

If microsoft did come out and say the rumors was false, then they would have basically announced a xbox 720, and they don't want to do that just yet

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Well that's some good news for a change :D

#20 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Oh okay.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!