• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Every time I try to download anything my Wii U freezes. Anyone else have this trouble?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#2 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Freezing is extremely common with the Wii U, so don't get too surprised.

Try restarting your router, taking the disc out (if you have it inside) or just reboot the system.

If you freeze, you should unplug the console since it's the only option, just be extremely careful, if there is an update being downloaded and it's unplugged, you could brick your console.

Also, if you have already done the new update today, all you have to do is hold the power button for around 10 seconds if you get a freeze.

Edited by Dipper, 26 April 2013 - 09:25 AM.

794144.png?13383682

#3 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

And now my WiFi isn't working on the Wii U. But it's working on my other devices. Grrrr

#4 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

You shouldn't have to unplug anymore, you should be able to hold the power button.  I only had issues with freezing when I was using an external HDD that had an aggressive power save feature, I switched the enclosure and I've been freeze free ever since, just a thought.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Sounds like there's something wrong with your internet

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

Try deleting and re adding the wifi settings in your wii u.

794144.png?13383682

#7 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Sounds like there's something wrong with your internet

But my son was watching Netflix on my computer and I watching YouTube on my phone (using WiFi). The same WiFi my Wii is on.

#8 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Maybe its your connection, Wii U's have very weak with its signal detection compared to my Ps3 and surprisingly my 3DS. Try updating it next to your router or tweak your miiverse options to your own country.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#9 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

Freezing is extremely common with the Wii U, so don't get too surprised.

Try restarting your router, taking the disc out (if you have it inside) or just reboot the system.

If you freeze, you should unplug the console since it's the only option, just be extremely careful, if there is an update being downloaded and it's unplugged, you could brick your console.

Also, if you have already done the new update today, all you have to do is hold the power button for around 10 seconds if you get a freeze.

i have had the wii u since launch. had 1 freeze in darksiders 2. not 1 since so no its not common

#10 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Maybe its your connection, Wii U's have very weak with its signal detection compared to my Ps3 and surprisingly my 3DS. Try updating it next to your router or tweak your miiverse options to your own country.

I just was able to try this again. Every time it download fine but when it installs then it freezes. So, even though I hate Comcast and lord knows they have problems, it's probably not a connection issue.

But I did update my Wii U today and everything was fine before the update. Maybe the update hates me.

Oh, and after several restarts and deleting all connections then making a new one the internet worked again. So that problem is. At least fixed.

Edited by MorbidGod, 26 April 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#11 Peladex

Peladex

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Wind Waker

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

i tell you man. the wifi on the wii U is terrible. i hope that after this update it works better.

video-fox-135440.jpg

#12 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

I don't seem to be having any problems, downloaded 2 things from the Eshop today and they downloaded perfectly fine. also went on the internet, youtube and netflix, was fine aswell, no crashes

either am really lucky or you're just unlucky

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!