#1 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

I have never been down on the Wiiu and am very happy with it but i like many paid over three hundred quid for the next gen quality. While i think the console is top notch i do feel ripped off. Thinking of buying a second one at the cheapo price but what if all support goes south?

Has Nintendo got a marketing plan up it's about to launch?

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

What exactly are you envisioning in your statement, "if all support goes south"?  Nintendo just giving up on the console and not doing anything?  That would seem to go against their own history and what Iwata has been saying about their dedication to Wii U. 

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

Wait, your upset because you didn't buy one at a cheaper price, but you're going to buy another one at a cheaper price therefore spending 450 for 2 Us? And your worried about support?

Buddy, just keep your Wii U (ONE) and enjoy it! As for support, if you mean third party, well, that is unknown, but Nintendo will come out with First Party games that will make the purchase worth it. Unless you don't like Nintendo First Party games, then well to quote a million people, "Why did you buy a Wii U if you don't like Mario?"

#4 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

What exactly are you envisioning in your statement, "if all support goes south"?  Nintendo just giving up on the console and not doing anything?  That would seem to go against their own history and what Iwata has been saying about their dedication to Wii U. 

No i should of been a little more clear, i ment anything other than Nintendo's own software, a lot of Uk stores only stock the premium console now and places like the big supermarkets have poor sortware displays that mix the Wii titles with the Wiiu ones. I am still looking forward to the 3rd party support that Nintendo is working towards.

Posted Image

#5 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

No i should of been a little more clear, i ment anything other than Nintendo's own software, a lot of Uk stores only stock the premium console now and places like the big supermarkets have poor sortware displays that mix the Wii titles with the Wiiu ones. I am still looking forward to the 3rd party support that Nintendo is working towards.

Given your concerns about the future of the console, my personal recommendation would be to hold off on buying a 2nd one until you are sure that it's something that you'll be happy with during the coming years.  

I don't know exactly what marketing plans Nintendo might have up its sleeve, but we have seen them advertising recently on YouTube and through the Wii's message system.  Iwata also spoke recently about plans to ramp up advertising during the second half of the year when more games are ready to be released.  He said that returns on marketing during slower times of the year are not very good.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Given your concerns about the future of the console, my personal recommendation would be to hold off on buying a 2nd one until you are sure that it's something that you'll be happy with during the coming years.  

I don't know exactly what marketing plans Nintendo might have up its sleeve, but we have seen them advertising recently on YouTube and through the Wii's message system.  Iwata also spoke recently about plans to ramp up advertising during the second half of the year when more games are ready to be released.  He said that returns on marketing during slower times of the year are not very good.  

I think the reason they are not marketing it is because people will buy it now, find that there isn't any games, sell it again and never buy it again, while if they wait for the big first party games to come out, then they can market it with all there flashy games and such and people will buy it with tons of games!

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

I have never been down on the Wiiu and am very happy with it but i like many paid over three hundred quid for the next gen quality. While i think the console is top notch i do feel ripped off. Thinking of buying a second one at the cheapo price but what if all support goes south?

Has Nintendo got a marketing plan up it's about to launch?

the sad thing is nintendo has to drop their prices to make up for your government raping you in taxes, thats basically what you can get in the us from start, never understood how people in europe can let their government take all their money. and yet their country is still bankrupt.

#8 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yeah, it's getting pretty ridiculous. If this doesn't spur more sales, I don't know what will.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#9 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Amazon just dropped to £149.99. I REALLY hope this is not a fire sale and that retail has given up for now.

Also Play.com now.

http://www.play.com/...ype=allproducts

If this is how the new consoles are selling then i will wait before even thinking on a PS4.

Edited by Pjsprojects, 02 May 2013 - 09:28 AM.

Posted Image

#10 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

I cant believe it either. I should of waited but like an idiot fanboy, I just ran and bought it on launch because of the Nintendo logo.

I could of saved £150 which is a lot to me. I feel gutted. :(

But at least my money went to supporting Nintendo, . 

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 02 May 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#11 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

I cant believe it either. I should of waited but like an idiot fanboy, I just ran and bought it because of the Nintendo logo.

I could of saved £150 which is a lot to me.

I relate to that but i'm not really a Nintendo fan, i bought it for the following-

Next gen tech.

Game pad being a great idea.

Lego city and other promised 3rd party support.

Purchased late jan at full price and really do think the Wiiu is a great bit of kit but this price drop really is a big kick in the teeth.

Posted Image

#12 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

I relate to that but i'm not really a Nintendo fan, i bought it for the following-

Next gen tech.

Game pad being a great idea.

Lego city and other promised 3rd party support.

Purchased late jan at full price and really do think the Wiiu is a great bit of kit but this price drop really is a big kick in the teeth.

It is because you know the next time Nintendo release a console, hardly anyone will buy it, they will just wait 5-6 months until the price drops nearly 50%. :(

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 02 May 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#13 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Amazon just dropped to £149.99. I REALLY hope this is not a fire sale and that retail has given up for now.

Also Play.com now.

http://www.play.com/...ype=allproducts

If this is how the new consoles are selling then i will wait before even thinking on a PS4.

150 quid?? That is $239 here.. wow.. Is it a basic or Deluxe?

Edited by Miltonius, 02 May 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#14 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

150 quid?? That is $239 here.. wow.. Is it a basic or Deluxe?

Basic, but the deluxe is at £199. Seeing as the price is spreading it does look like retailers are clearing stock that has simply not shifted.

Posted Image

#15 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Basic, but the deluxe is at £199. Seeing as the price is spreading it does look like retailers are clearing stock that has simply not shifted.

Ah, but still that is very low, and a little saddening. and also, i gotta ask real quick, How come you chose that as your profile pic? Every time i see it i get hungry.. heh

Edited by Miltonius, 02 May 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#16 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Always annoying when a console initially fails to sell so gets a price drop and you are an early adopter. I used a combination of vouchers, a cashback credit card, trading in nintendoland to get a wii u premium for christmas with sonic racing and tekken for £250 and felt I had a great deal that would stand up for a while but wii u pricing is on freefall it seems. What's worse is it seems like many retailers are actually dumping stock to remove the wii u from their range.

We still don't know if the PS4 and Xbox 720 will be successful though. They also may have a slow start especially at their higher retail prices.  Clearly Nintendo have got a bloody nose with the wii u and to be honest they deserved it. Too low a spec and too high a price. No 'must buy' launch titles and poor marketing. Nintendo had a high risk strategy with the wii that succeeded. This time it has failed with the wii u.

Nintendo are in a very difficult situation now as the wii u is tainted with failure. They need to hold their nerve and their pricing and just start marketing the wii u again when they have a decent range of software.

#17 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

The price is ridiculously low I feel most sorry for Nintendo not having control over idiots like Asda and Tesco....

#18 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Well for what it's worth iv'e asked Nintendo & some media whats going on today with these price drops, lets see if i get a reply because stock dumping is exactly what it appears to be. :(

Posted Image

#19 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

First it's too expensive and now it's too cheep.....

This seems to be a UK thing and probably reflects our collapsing economy after 'austerity measures'. Basically the UK economy has flat lined for a few years and a Next Gen Console is low down on our essentials. Supermarkets are probably clearing stock as they only deal in big selling videogames they can sell to Mums and HMV were insolvent when they slashed their prices. 

Should the Wii U start selling serious amounts soon then I'm sure they'll be restocked. 

#20 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

Why is it cheaper than the 3DS??!?!?!? It makes no sense!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!