Photo

How do we all feel about the wii u so far?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hi there, this is just a place i want people to express how there feeling right now about wii u. Good or Bad, lets discuss.......

I have owned every nintendo console and have always loved everyone, im now 34 and dispite my wifes dispare of my video game love, ive always stayed loyal, ive never owned a P.S or XBOX. As ive got older though my mates all started using the above consoles, i had a wii which was great, mario galaxy is the best nintendo game ever, but i liked playing crysis, fallout, gta, grid etc, and towards the end of the wiis life i started considering, buying and xbox so i could enjoy those games at home !!!!! LUCKILY nintendo reveiled the wii u and wowed me with HD graphics, an amazing new controller and the PROMISE of winning the gamers back to nintendo, i know its early, but the lack of interest by devs and dropped games that made me want to buy it in the first place have peed me off, i paid 350 pounds a few months ago, and now its 199!!! Ive tried to stick up for my new purchase but how can i? We have all got to stop with this constant defending of our beloved nintendos choices recently as its killing the company, if they know that we will buy the console whatever, there just going to do it half assed! The ps4 is out soon and we all got to admit, it looks like some seriously good tech, im thinking i paid 350 pounds for my wii u, in reality the ps4s hardware n new controller which is more advance should make it almost double the cost of my wiiu.
But u know what i think it will be 400 pounds, thats just 50 more than what i paid, if thats the case, we all gotta make a stand!

#2 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

My thoughts on the Wii U: I have had mine since launch day, didn't have many games that i was about to die to play, But even now with Lego city and stuff, i don't play it much, i'm waiting for more games and then hopefully i will play more, Or maybe when i get MH3 i will play it more, We'll see..

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

I have more games for it than most do. I am fairly happy with the Wii U.

#4 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

but how would you feel if the ps4 was only 50 pounds more? nintendo hasnt given us the so called big devs n there games they promised, and for a small amount more, we could have had amazing nintendo games and all the other great games, its a bit of an epic fail in my eyes.

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

It's unfortunate that you feel like you lost money on it. But I feel like once the PS4 comes out, Nintendo will be a real competitor game wise. It will have Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter (already out), Rayman Legends, etc.

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

I wish I had more games, and I wish backwards compatibility was a bit more seamless. but other than that I'm happy with it.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

I wish people would stop quickscoping in CoD.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Wish it could get a little more populated.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

I really, really love it, I'm so looking forward to my Wii U's future, many games shall be played :D

#10 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

I wish people would stop quickscoping in CoD.

u jelly? 1v1 me bro.

I'm loving my Wii U. I just need more games.

Posted Image

#11 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

I love the Wii U. I am eagerly awaiting E3 to reinforce the reason I bought the Wii U: Nintendo's games.

but how would you feel if the ps4 was only 50 pounds more? nintendo hasnt given us the so called big devs n there games they promised, and for a small amount more, we could have had amazing nintendo games and all the other great games, its a bit of an epic fail in my eyes.

It really sounds like this is a doom and gloom thread, which isn't right. Your asking for peoples opinions and they are giving it to you.

I for one can live without those games, and if I can't I plan on buying a PS4 or 720 anyway.

However, I bought Nintendo for Nintendo. Well, not entirely true. I did want (and have) Lego City Undercover and I want ZombiU. But mostly for Nintendo games.

Why don't you just wait for E3.

Edited by MorbidGod, 10 May 2013 - 12:50 AM.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#12 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

so far i'm very happy that i purchased a Wii U and have been using it nonstop.

on an interesting note, the firmware update download didn't take as long as I had expected for me so I was very happy with that as well.  

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

I wish I had more games, and I wish backwards compatibility was a bit more seamless. but other than that I'm happy with it.

How much more seamless lol.... there is a Wii built into the Wii U and now after the update you simply press B during boot and it goes right into Wii mode.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#14 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

I love the Wii U. But the media always bashing how the Wii-U is doomed because of no 3rd party support and it's making feel bad I even got one. Even my friends are calling me out and making fun of me because I bought one. They said it's not even next gen and it's basically a Wii with a crappy tablet.

As I said I still love my Wii-U but boy it's hard right now being a Wii-U owner. Even every gaming site on the internet is full of Wii-U is dying and it's gonna be the next dreamcast blah blah. It makes me feel really sad. :(

But what got me thinking is that the Vita was and still is doing equally bad if not worse but we didn't hear no media doom and gloom article's on that?

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 10 May 2013 - 05:30 AM.

#15 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

Happy enough with the product and tbh the games up to now. However i'm not happy about the price! like above i paid £350 and now it's a budget console at £199. 

The other thing that would bother me is that no dlc seems to turn up for released games, so it's a good job i have other options for games. But at least the play time per game seems pretty high.

So although we don't get the dlc we do seem to get the extended directors cut type version which makes the purchase more worthwhile to me.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

How much more seamless lol.... there is a Wii built into the Wii U and now after the update you simply press B during boot and it goes right into Wii mode.

I'd like if if Wii Virtual comsone/channels were directly accessible from the Wii U homescreen, and it would skip booting to a special screen to play Wii games, kinda how the Wii handled Gamecube games

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#17 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

I am happy for what it is, a niche machine for playing 1st party games.

Having a re-hash of a re-hash in monster Hunter is nice, but all of my 113 hours are on my 3ds. I have about 5 minutes on the Wii U copy.

It is what it is. I will be getting a PS4 for Sony games and everything else.

#18 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

In my opinion, the console itself is great. I'm no techie, but the 1st party games so far look great, and I'm sure it can only get better. Though, I'm pretty sure we can all agree that it's lacking in the software department. I mean, a lot of the games for it seem to be pretty decent, but there just aren't as many as I'd like (at least in the case of 1st party titles).

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#19 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

I like it. I really do. Really looking forward to all the first-party titles, and with these deals and partnerships Nintendo's been doing, I don't know what to expect next. I am a little nervous about third-party separate. I may have only discovered it in the past year or two(sad I know), but looking at the Gamepad I'm using to type this up, it could really lend itself to some great RPGs and action-adventure games.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

u jelly? 1v1 me bro.

I'm loving my Wii U. I just need more games.

I'm not jelly. It just hurts my ears when 12 year olds tell me to stop hardscoping them. They just can't handle my patience. In that instance, I wouldn't 1v1 you. I'm not gonna make you cry on purpose. You're too much of a good.

But in all seriousness, I think the Wii U, after playing a lot of it, is a mish mash of hit and miss. A lot of missed opportunities all over the joint.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!