• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Distractionwolf

Distractionwolf

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

So I got my Wii U just this week and I got it with Arkham City, a game I've already beaten but it was possibly my favorite of the generation so I knew it would make my first wii u gaming expericne fun. People complain about the lack of games but frankly I have plenty to keep me busy without having to backtrack into the wii's catalog or head over to the virtual console. After I 100% everything in Arkham City which will take a good while, I have already determined that Zombie U, and Injustice: Gods Among Us are deffinite buys. New Super Mario Bros. U is a possible buy, and of things not out yet Rayman Legends is likely and Arkham Origins is a given.

I didn't care for the last generation much. As a result there are a lot of games I did not play and I spent a lot of my time with retro consoles. As such there are several wii u games I am interested in but am hesitant to play because I'm obsessive cumpulsive usually about playing a series in order. (I'm the same way with TV and movies etc.) But this is something I'm trying to get over... So here is the thing. I would like people's opinions on the series I list bellow and tell me if its something I can just go ahead and play the wii u instalment of, if I need to at least watch the game unfold on youtube to get the story, or if its something that I unavoidably really need to play somehow if I want to play the wii u instalment:

- Bayonetta

- Monster Hunter

- Assasins Creed (played 1 and 2 did not beat eitheir)

- Darksiders

- Ninja Gaiden

- X (do I need to play Xenoblade or anything else in anticipation of this killer app?)

I think thats all but I'll update if i think of more. Thanks for your help!

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Yyyyyyyeah I don't think multiplats for Wii U are the way to go, just wait till next year they'll have something. Interesting to buy.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Distractionwolf

Distractionwolf

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

I'm not sure how empirically true I think that is. I don't know not having played many but I will say Arkham City is potentially my favorite game of the last generation and I love the wii u edition.

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Well there are numerous titles that are down graded on Wii U like Injustice for example, its incomplete compared to the PS3 & Xbox 360. Armored Edition....I guess its a pass, the only game that is really good on Wii U that's a multiplat is Tekken Tag 2, that game has a little bit more content than the PS3 & 360.The rest is just meh, AC3 is the same as the 360 while the PS3 version gets some bonus content.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Did you play Arkham Asylum?

#6 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Hmm Bayonetta...hard to say since 2 hasn't came out yet. Probably be best to play Bayonetta first before the sequal. I'd say the story is a bit confusing at times (only because the way it's told) but nothing too complex if you pay attention. Seems as if the plot changes in Bayonetta 2 alittle so it might help to understand her back story.

Monster Hunter... as far as i can tell there really isn't any story in the series and the games don't link in anyway. You just hunt monsters.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#7 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

-Darksiders

It would probably be best to at least read the plot of the first game.  The mythos of the series is pretty interesting if you ask me, so I think reading a plot summary online would be good enough before diving into the second game.  That's what I did.

-Monster Hunter

Story? LOL what's that?  But seriously the plot is only slightly more complex than a Mario game's plot.  It's just a vehicle do justify the hunting of monsters to near extinction.  Plot should be the least of your concerns regarding this series. There's some lore  and references to older games if you know where to look, but nothing even slightly important to the enjoyment of the game.  It seems like the next game, Monster Hunter 4, is trying to include an actual plot for once. 

-X

While we can say that the gameplay is like Xenoblade, I don't think we know yet if the plot is necessarily related to Xenoblade.  Even if it's not related, should you be presented with the opportunity to get Xenoblade without paying an exorbitant amount, get it.  Fantastic game that expertly weaves a plot device into its gameplay making everything feel connected.  It's already in my top 10 favorite games of all time.

Don't know enough about the rest of those series.

#8 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:17 AM

Bayonetta:
Kinda I think so but I don't think you need to 100% go read the plot of the first one atleast.

Monster Hunter 3U:
Nope, MH games have no story. Or MH3 do but it's plot have nothing to do with the other games in the series.

Assasins Creed 3:
Both yes and no, to get the future story you need to play the other games to understand squat, the past story it's okay to not have played the other games. TBH the future story sucks massive balls so just ignore it as much as possible.

Darksiders 2:
I'm playing the second one now, so can't say for sure if you need to play the first one. What I can say is that the story of one and two are running parallel to each other, like the events in the first game happens at the same time as the first one.

Ninja Gaiden 3:
I have never played the series so can't answer that one, sorry.

X:
Probably not, it's not confirmed if it's a sequel or not yet, but I doubt it will be a direct sequel. It looks more like a spiritual sequel if anything.

#9 Distractionwolf

Distractionwolf

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Did you play Arkham Asylum?

Yeah. I 100%ed that one which is why I want to do the same for Arkham City. Beating it on hard then doing Harley's Revenge, all the riddler trophies, and challenge maps. Love this series so much. Obviously huge Batman fan, and Justice League is actually my favorite comic of all time (and the first I ever owned, JLA #1 Vol. 3) so Injustice is a must. I think I'll watch Bayonetta through a good lets player, if anyone has a recommendation let me know. I may just catch up with the stories of the other Assassins Creeds if I decide to play 3 but idk...I wasn't crazy about them really although I think I'd have gotten into two more if I had spent more time with it. Bayonetta I feel like I have to play though cause everyone is talking about it being a big deal for wii u. I'm hesitant to start monster hunter tri actually till I know when X is released because I will likely drop any other open world game to start playing it.

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

The Wii U Arkham City is amazing, I can't wait for Origins :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!