Photo

Pokemon Champion(s) that stood out the most?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

So I've taken a hiatus from Pokemon after the release of Black & White and recently got into Black & White 2 to get me ready for X & Y. One of my favorite things about Pokemon is the Gym Leaders, The Elite 4, & Champions of each region and how they all have their own unique styles and Pokemon that set them apart from each other. Battling against Champions has always been one of the highlights for me in the series and I could never battle one without my GB/DS on full blast  B) .

That being said the 2 Champions that stood out to me the most are Steven & Cynthia.

I started gen lll blindly without any direction of how I wanted to build my party or any idea what was ahead of me. When I FINALLY beat the Elite 4, Steven caught me from the blind side because I had NO IDEA of what kind of Pokemon he had and had no clue as of to what their types were. Defeating even 1 of his Pokemon was a mission, just when I had thought it was over, he chose his Metagross and I couldn't figure out it's weaknesses for the life of me (Keep in mind I was pretty young at the time). I just kept thinking about how bizarre and cool his party was and how he actually used somewhat of a strategy unlike MOST npcs in the game.

The next Champion that took me by surprise was Cynthia. Not only is she the first FEMALE Champion but she was really tough as well! I had a little insight about which Pokemon she used so I wasn't too worried but I was wrong. I tried to take out her Togekiss with an Ice Pokemon and little did I know, she had Aura Sphere ready to cover it's weaknesses! Her Milotic was INSANELY bulky and had Blizzard to cover it's grass weakness and I didn't have an electric move at the time to defeat it. Do I even need to mention Garchomp? It was extremely frustrating because it out sped EVERYTHING in my party and OHKO'd everything with Earthquake! 

Hopefully gen VI the Champion will be much tougher like the past ones, because lets face it... Alder was a push over! and I haven't battled Iris yet so we'll see how that goes. So, how was your experience facing these Champions?

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#2 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

Cynthia is my absolute favorite Champion, ever. She mysteriously fitted into the plot (it wasn't like we ever knew she was the champion until we found out), she had an amazing set up, and she was Sexy, which most pokemon players will enjoy.

I think with X and Y, they should revive the Battle Frontier, I've talked about this in the past and I seriously think they should return it.
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

and she was Sexy, which most pokemon players will enjoy.

When i first played Pokemon DIamond and saw her, i thought it was a guy until you get to the fight itself and see her avatar before you send you your pokemon... ya...

Also how about GARY! The most annoying, hated, guy that everyone is jelly off!

and I haven't battled Iris yet so we'll see how that goes. So, how was your experience facing these Champions?

SPOILERS!!! The elite 4 is harder then iris, just have a ice move and you have took out 4 of her pokemon... it's a pathetic last fight in my opinion.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

Lance was a BOSS enough said..............

#5 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

For me, I'd have to say Gary (or Blue, whatever you want to call him) followed by Cynthia.

Cynthia for all the reasons NewEra stated. 

Gary is my favorite for other reasons.  A green GameBoy Pocket with a copy of Pokemon Red was my introduction to videogames back when I was in 1st grade.  Finally beating the Elite Four after so many attempts, only to see Gary staring me down.  I wanted nothing more than to wipe that smug look off his face once and for all, and by a 6 year old's standards, we had one heck of a fight. 

#6 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Blue is still the greatest one and most memorable to me. He was a complete surprise to me as a kid, I totally did not expect him to be the Champion because if I remember correctly they only mentioned the Elite Four. Seeing him there the first time was scary to me as a child. His song was freaking horrifying to me as well, it had a feel that I was not going to win that battle.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Lance is overall my favorite.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!