Photo

How can Super Mario 3D World work with online?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Apollo_Thinking_3.gif

............................I got nothing, I don't understand how a timed 3D Mario game can work on an online environment, its just 5 minutes spending time in an online lobby and poof, its over. LittleBigPlanet has online and its not timed, Rayman Legends is getting online and its not timed. So.....Wait for Mario Kart 8?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

drop-in drop-out play, so you'll be joining games in progress as other begin levels, or maybe halfway through too.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Don't look at it from the timed level perspective, imagine challenge modes or speed rush modes where you see who can complete the stage first. In NSMBU there were great challenge modes... it would be cool if that aspect was online.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

............................I got nothing, I don't understand how a timed 3D Mario game can work on an online environment, its just 5 minutes spending time in an online lobby and poof, its over. LittleBigPlanet has online and its not timed, Rayman Legends is getting online and its not timed. So.....Wait for Mario Kart 8?

I don't understand what you're asking here.  Could you clarify?  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

I don't understand what you're asking here.  Could you clarify?  

They are reacting to people saying the 3D Mario World game should include online multiplayer, co-op or other modes and since the levels are timed, it wouldn't equate to much action... basically it would be over before it started.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

They are reacting to people saying the 3D Mario World game should include online multiplayer, co-op or other modes and since the levels are timed, it wouldn't equate to much action... basically it would be over before it started.

Thanks!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

Nintendo could of easily added online. They made it work for a game like Luigi's Mansion, they could easily brainstormed a couple of ideas that could work in a 3D Mario game. Online was definitely a possibility, it's Nintendo being still not quite out of the stone-age is what hurt them. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

They take Luigis Mansion Dark Moon; A single player focused game and they slap online multiplayer on it

Then they take 3D World.....A game that is based around multiplayer and they dont include online

Online wouldnt have hindered the local multiplayer experience in the least bit

I dont have friends that play Nintendo games...they all play garbage games like CoD, and even if they did play Nintendo games they arent going to drive 30+ mins to my house to play Mario

So now because of Nintendo remaining closed minded and living in the past Im going to get to enjoy beating yet another Mario game with my 9 year old sister....Yippee

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Nintendo could of easily added online. They made it work for a game like Luigi's Mansion, they could easily brainstormed a couple of ideas that could work in a 3D Mario game. Online was definitely a possibility, it's Nintendo being still not quite out of the stone-age is what hurt them. 

Agreed. I thought at this point Nintendo started to think outside the box... but now they go back inside of it

They take Luigis Mansion Dark Moon; A single player focused game and they slap online multiplayer on it

Then they take 3D World.....A game that is based around multiplayer and they dont include online

I dont have friends that play Nintendo games...they all play garbage games like CoD, and even if they did play Nintendo games they arent going to drive 30+ mins to my house to play Mario

So now because of Nintendo remaining closed minded and living in the past Im going to get to enjoy beating yet another Mario game with my 9 year old sister....Yippee

Agreed. I will still love the game no doubt, but sometimes it's the little extra touches of the option of multiplayer that could make it a buy for people who may not have it on their priority wishlist.

Edited by Sorceror12, 27 June 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#10 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

that may not work, but why cant i do it with just my friends like halo? halo can play the story mode with friends, why cant i play a multiplayer mario with my friends, who cares if it is timed

wa3Nq7j.png

#11 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Mario is too fast-paced and confusing for a non-local gameplay mode IMO.

#12 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Mario is too fast-paced and confusing for a non-local gameplay mode IMO.

sonic begs to differ

wa3Nq7j.png

#13 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

sonic begs to differ

168bvyg.gif

I didn't know Sonic was in 3D World.

Well, with the way my friend was playing, he might as well have been. He and another killed us all multiple times. :I

Edited by Big Boss, 27 June 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#14 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

500 seconds is tons of time to do stuff, I don't know why you're having trouble figuring out how it world work, it's just Co-Op but with friends across the world. Why is that hard to understand, you just walk around, kill stuff, find green stars and you're done.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#15 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

People are saying things about 3D World being "based around multiplayer", but the thing is it's not. It's really just a single player game, but with multiplayer added on. Mario Kart is a game that is based around multiplayer and that's why it has online and local.

Multiplayer is really just a bonus in this game, and it's not nintendo's fault if you have no friends who are willing to come over and make use of it. Local multiplayer is much more fun anyway.

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

How would it not work? Just host a game for friends, and in between levels they can join, to avoid timer issues. Problem solved. 

Dude I'm experiencing the same thing, only my sister is 10... and not so good at Mario. The only game they'd be willing to play is Smash Bros, or Mario Kart maybe. My cousin loves Zelda, but that's single player..

Edited by Keviin, 28 June 2013 - 12:23 AM.

No sig.

#17 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

If you progress through the levels together it's not like you'd be joining a random game every time you complete a level.  Is that what you're assuming would happen?

zeldasig.jpg

#18 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

People are saying things about 3D World being "based around multiplayer", but the thing is it's not. It's really just a single player game, but with multiplayer added on. Mario Kart is a game that is based around multiplayer and that's why it has online and local.

Multiplayer is really just a bonus in this game, and it's not nintendo's fault if you have no friends who are willing to come over and make use of it. Local multiplayer is much more fun anyway.

Local is much better but online should be included for those that can't afford several controllers/ don't have friends that want to play. The gamepad even have a mic you could communicate with or even a virtual keyboard on the pad, I would love to play with some of my friend's that live 2.5 hours away 3-4 times a week instead of twice a year.

#19 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

168bvyg.gif

I didn't know Sonic was in 3D World.

Well, with the way my friend was playing, he might as well have been. He and another killed us all multiple times. :I

i wasnt saying sonic was in 3d world, some sonic games have online multiplayer, so it wouldnt matter how face paced a mario game went because a sonic game sure as hell can do it

wa3Nq7j.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!