Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

http://www.wired.co....y-7-kickstarter

A fan project seeking to bring a live action version of Final Fantasy VII to, uh, life has launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise funding and create "an altar of worship for Final Fantasy".

The web series is proposed as an episodic tribute to the critically-acclaimed and beloved game which follows the adventures of Cloud Strife, a former soldier who becomes involved with eco-terrorist group, AVALANCHE, and their attempts to fight Shinra, a massive corporation using the planet's life force as a source of energy.

The project clearly has ambitions beyond the current Kickstarter campaign. At the moment the production crew is asking for $400,000 (£261,000) to finance 5-6 episodes lasting around 15 minutes each. But the project is being referred to as "season one" implying that success could lead to further episodes being brought to screen.

The crew, operating under the name Shinra Productions LLC (we see what they did there) consists of directors, editors, fanfiction novelists and martial artists and brings credits on projects such as Scott Pilgrim to the table. The cast at the moment consist of a mix of established actors and cosplayers.

The money is largely going to be used to cover the costs of using the studio 2X Entertainment. 2X generally deals with multi-million dollar movies but the Final Fantasy project states that 2X are "doing us a huge favour" presumably by lowering costs or providing more studio equipment than would be covered by the fee. It's this expense which the project is aiming to cover.

The funding total currently stands at $3,178 (£2,072) and the comments imply that investors will be keeping an eye on the project for how faithfully it sticks to the source material. "Best of luck guys, you are making a fanbase dream come true. Just don't ruin Vincent for me or i will choke you all in your sleep <3."

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

this sounds like a really ambitious project but if done right would be awesome

#3 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

Damn, I hope this gets funded it looks like it could be awesome.

Wish I had some cash to donate but I really don't

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!