• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

Have any of you taken any time to trace back your family?  I have done so recently to mine.  I managed to trace the Dutch side of my family.  Found out there are lots of people!  If you traced your family, were you able to successfully connect to any of your relatives?  I fear there might be a problem with getting in touch with mine, considering a possible language barrier.

#2 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

I have knowledge of the last 7 generations of my family and they are even some descendants who live near my hometown but they are complete strangers to me. I honestly don't think that I'll ever establish contact with them and I really don't have a reason to do it. Maybe we share the same great-great-grandparent but how does that mean we have something in common?

By the way, I don't think the language barrier should be a problem, they're probably very good at English.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#3 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

they're probably very good at English.

Yes they are supposedly extremely well spoken in English. I have a friend who studied in Utrecht and she told me that English is compulsory in all levels of school as well as in a lot of degrees. 

Wikipedia says 86% of Dutch people claim to be able to converse in English.

Anyway, I have little interest in finding out about my ancestors. Just seems boring and pointless to me, but hey I guess some people enjoy it otherwise these genealogy sites wouldn't make any money. 

Edited by Hunter, 13 September 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

I mistook the title for gynecology and wondered if we were all a bunch of pervs lol

No sig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!