Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

http://paulgalenetwo...ssics-to-wii-u/

If this is true, then that's incredible and exactly what I wanted them to do with the wii u.

Good idea because I imagine for a few wii u owners games like mario 64 would be new experiences for them.

Hope this comes true!

What do you think the other 6 games would be?

I would hope for

Dk 64

Majoras Mask

Paper Mario

Lylat Wars

Golden eye with full online multiplayer

Banjo Kazooie

I have a bad feeling that it defo won't be banjo since I think rare own him but apart from that the list seems possible.

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 24 October 2013 - 12:38 AM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#2 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

I was just about to make a thread on this subject! Not fast enough.  :P

On topic, this sort of thing would be insanely cool if done right. Mario 64 with some sort of multiplayer element is something that I've always wanted, and I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing for this. Considering that Wind Waker HD has done relatively well, this sort of thing could be great in small and infrequent doses.

Majora's Mask in HD, though... That would be heaven.

#3 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

This won't happen. But Mario 64, Lylat Wars and Majora's Mask would have been nice. Just put them on Virtual Console.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

More remakes, yay!
$30 is too much, try 10.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

More remakes, yay!
$30 is too much, try 10.

I thought Wind Waker HD was well worth the $50

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

it is funny i can hear nintendo haters now... "make new stuff nintendo stop relying on past titles". I love nintendo and they are my consoles of choice but we do need new blood. I loved W101 and looking forward to Bayo2 and X.... give me more new stuff. On a sisde note man i hope they make the Project Hammer Demo into a real Wii U game with open world HD 1080p, sick animations. Come on Nintendo!

#7 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Oh, the rumour starter has some more secrets:

- Super Mario 64

I suppose:

- Super Mario 64 (again?)

- Wave race 64

- Star Fox 64

- Pilotwings 64

- Majoras Mask

- 1080 Snowboarding

But the rumour is still not true.

#8 flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

This reeks of not true.

#9 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

I love me some Mario 64 or Majoras and I know every new game from Nintendos long running franchises has new polished ideas that makes em unique every time I've played them but I would really love for them to take some of those new ideas and just make a new franchise. Seriously how many great games could have been made with the Mario galaxy concept? They have the ideas, the knowledge it's just up to them to utilize on that and make fresh new franchises. I can't wait for 2014 to come and just see what direction Nintendo goes.

#10 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

The rumor mentioned online multiplayer for Mario 64. That discredits the rumor. Had me going for a minute though.

But just for fun:

Mario 64
Majora's Mask
Wave Race
1080 Snowboarding
Goldeneye 007, with Craig if you must
Star Fox 64
F-Zero X

Put online multiplayer in all of them while you're at it! The price is a little steep, but I'd be a sucker for Mario, Wave Race, Star Fox, and Goldeneye.

#11 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

http://paulgalenetwo...ssics-to-wii-u/

If this is true, then that's incredible and exactly what I wanted them to do with the wii u.

Good idea because I imagine for a few wii u owners games like mario 64 would be new experiences for them.

Hope this comes true!

What do you think the other 6 games would be?

I would hope for

Dk 64

Majoras Mask

Paper Mario

Lylat Wars

Golden eye with full online multiplayer

Banjo Kazooie

I have a bad feeling that it defo won't be banjo since I think rare own him but apart from that the list seems possible.

You and storabajskorven are of the very few people that calls Star Fox 64, Lylat Wars in these parts. Also, remaking the original GoldenEye we know and love will be impossible. Licensing issues + Rare. Bajo Kazooie is a big No because it's a Rare franchise. By the way, there is already a remake on the 360 Arcade. Same for Tooie and Perfect Dark.

DK64, Paper Mario are probable. By the way, about DK64, if it is remade, I just hope that they can use the Kremlings. I believe that the Kremlings are Rare's chars and not Nintendo's. That's why (I believe) that DKCR and DKCTF won't be using them.

My list would be:

- Majora's Mask

- Super Mario 64

- F-Zero X

- Paper Mario

- One of the three Mario Party

- Pokemon Snap

- Donkey Kong 64

Other titles I wouldn't mind seeing the day of light:

- 1080 Snowboarding

- Wave Race 64

- Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (must work with Konami)

- Mario Golf

- Mario Tennis

- Pilotwing 64

Possible but unprobable:

- LoZ: Ocarina of Time (already remade on 3DS, recoded from ground up)

- Star Fox 64 (already remade on 3DS)

- Diddy Kong Racing (minus Rare chars)

Impossible (Classic Rare titles):

- Banjo Kazooie

- Banjo Tooie

- Perfect Dark

- Conker's Bad Fur Day

- Jet Force Gemini (and it's a shame... :( An amazing title, forgotten)

- GoldenEye 007 (N64)

30$ is... all good. I don't think the games will be ported. I'd imagine more being recoded from ground up like OoT was on 3DS. So, it will take man power and thus means more expensive. The fact that it'll only available on eShop... well, that will sadden many people.

Edited by Lebon14, 24 October 2013 - 03:36 AM.

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

The rumor mentioned online multiplayer for Mario 64. That discredits the rumor. Had me going for a minute though.

But just for fun:

Mario 64
Majora's Mask
Wave Race
1080 Snowboarding
Goldeneye 007, with Craig if you must
Star Fox 64
F-Zero X

Put online multiplayer in all of them while you're at it! The price is a little steep, but I'd be a sucker for Mario, Wave Race, Star Fox, and Goldeneye.

You never know, they are bringing online multiplayer to Wii Sports with Wii Sports Club. But, I agree.... highly doubtful. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

They state that mario 64 can use 2 gamepads. I highly doubt this would happen as this would mean Nintendo would have to start selling game pads separately .I don't think that's a good idea especially considering the situation with wiiu and how some parents still think its a controller for wii. Also the price is a bit steep $30 for a old game and some new paint....i don't know. IMO their VC prices are already too expensive. :P

#14 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

it is funny i can hear nintendo haters now... "make new stuff nintendo stop relying on past titles". I love nintendo and they are my consoles of choice but we do need new blood. I loved W101 and looking forward to Bayo2 and X.... give me more new stuff. On a sisde note man i hope they make the Project Hammer Demo into a real Wii U game with open world HD 1080p, sick animations. Come on Nintendo!

Only just for that reason, I hope the rumor is false.

I also love to see new games instead of more ports.

If we get Mario 64 means:

- Super Mario U

- Super Luigi U

- Super Mario 3D World

- Super Mario 64

5 mario games in 1 year is a bit to much imo... so I hope the rumor is false.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#15 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Double Dash and SM Sunshine would make more sense.(and me happy) Think of the colors and sounds of Sunshine in HD. It doesn't matter, i'd play 64 again if the controls get tighter

Save the Deku trees!

#16 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

By the way, about DK64, if it is remade, I just hope that they can use the Kremlings. I believe that the Kremlings are Rare's chars and not Nintendo's. That's why (I believe) that DKCR and DKCTF won't be using them.

Rare don't own the Kremlings.

Nintendo kept all the characters made in an already established Nintendo franchises and Rare kept all the characters which were not directly related to Nintendo. Kremlings appeared in DK Barrel blast, Mario Strikers and K. Rool is a trophy in Melee and Brawl.

Retro just decided they didnt want to use the Kremlings.

#17 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Yay, just what we needed! More ports! I mean, who needs new experiences when Nintendo can bank off nostalgia? Hopefully this remains a rumor. Then again, I don't even buy virtual classics anyway.

I thought Wind Waker HD was well worth the $50

Not everyone is happy with paying almost full price of a brand new game for a port of an 11-12 year old game.

Edited by Gaymer, 24 October 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#18 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

Yay, just what we needed! More ports! I mean, who needs new experiences when Nintendo can bank off nostalgia? Hopefully this remains a rumor. Then again, I don't even buy virtual classics anyway.

Not everyone is happy with paying almost full price of a brand new game for a port of an 11-12 year old game.

If it was just a "port" I would have agreed with you.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#19 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

"- Wind Waker approach taken in terms of visual upgrades, but “reUmagined” titles will benefit from added content."

This is absurd. N64 titles would have to have a ton more visually done to them to be rereleased in HD than WWHD. They would not be comparable to WWHD in any way, shape, or form.

Not saying that they'd actually remake them or anything (they would probably remake portions of them but add HD textures elsewhere, like OOT3D, but in HD), but a Wind Waker HD approach simply would not work for N64 titles.

With that said, after all of that work, I can not possibly imagine them selling them for only $30 when they'd require much more work than WWHD, which was a full priced title.

Edited by Envy, 24 October 2013 - 06:12 AM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#20 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

If it was just a "port" I would have agreed with you.

That's precisely what it is. There is hardly any new content to justify a purchase. Swing it any way you want, but it's the cold hard truth. This is why Sony and Microsoft fanboys laugh at Nintendo gamers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!