• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

When I first got my PS4, it had a loud scraping noise when you inserted/ejected a disc. I thought it normal at first for I had never heard a PS4 disc drive before. Then a friend came over and heard it and told me it wasn't right. So I researched it online and found out it was a defect, and also that a normal PS4 sounded rather different when inserting/ejecting a disc. The problem seemed to grow a little worse with time (it seemed to get louder) and also, my PS4 randomly restarted on me once during playing a game - whether it was because of the defect or not, I do not know, but either way I had a defective disc drive.

I called Sony on the phone, and waited 30-45 minutes for them to answer on their waiting line. This happens. So I get sent a box by Sony to put my defective PS4 in through 1-day shipping. I put it in and follow the instructions and it gets sent back to Sony 1-day. Sony says it will take 7-10 business days to repair my console. They do it in 4-5 days and are sending it back to me. I have not received it yet, but I will in a few days (weekend shipping delay), and when I do, I will tell you more.

And all shipping costs were covered by Sony, of course. They offered me an extended warranty, from 1 year on my console to 3, for approximately $60, but I declined.

The PS4 was pretty cool when I played it for awhile, aside from the defect, so I really hope this one works well and I can enjoy this and the Wii U together again.

#2 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

Sounds like PS4 is as badly made as the 360 was. I was looking through Amazon reviews for PS4 earlier and I am not exaggerating when I say 80% of them had BLOD (blue light of death).

Seems like the other way around this gen doesn't it.

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Sorry to hear that dude my ps4 is working great so I know many have their ps4 working good but still it sucks hear about defective systems.

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Sounds like PS4 is as badly made as the 360 was. I was looking through Amazon reviews for PS4 earlier and I am not exaggerating when I say 80% of them had BLOD (blue light of death).

Except for the fact that the PS4 only has a 0.4% fail rate instead of a staggering 55% like the 360...

Edited by dante3DS, 29 November 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#5 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Except for the fact that the PS4 only has a 0.4% fail rate instead of a staggering 55% like the 360...

Or at least that's what they're saying to us...

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

I got my PS4 back today, earlier than I thought I would. The disc drive is no longer loud, whether they fixed the unit or replaced it.

#7 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:39 AM

This is nonsense. The 360 was a design problem, these PS4 issues are just initial manufacturing problems.

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

This is nonsense. The 360 was a design problem, these PS4 issues are just initial manufacturing problems.

I agree.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!