• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

If anyone has played 3D Dot Game Heroes you can get a good idea of what I have in mind. That game was a tribute to games like Ys & Legend of Zelda.

I think after playing and finishing and really enjoying Lego City Undercover I would love Nintendo to get Travelers Tales (asked me 10 years ago to say anything good on TT and kicked you in the groin) to work on a Zelda with Lego's for Wii U. I know after Hyrule Warriors and WWHD and Zelda U a lot out there but never stopped Nintendo before or people buying it. 

Be very similar to Dot Game. Top Down like old Zeldas. Heck maybe a Lego version of Zelda NES..maybe. Or something new. Eithe rway I would like to see this happen. Anyone else be on board if this happened?

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

If Nintendo gets TT to make a Lego Zelda, then it's probably going to use the same engine as their other games.

That being said; I like the idea. Zelda can translate well to the TT Lego formula. The overworld can be the Hub and each dungeon can be a mission. Swapping between weapons/abilities can be done by having them categorized as clothing or characters. I don't know how well it would work if you could swap between characters though, as all others have almost always been NPCs. I think I'd prefer it if the story style was more like LC:U then the multiplayer versions. TT just has to remember to use beepspeek otherwise it'll ruin the game.

Nintendo could also license out to Lego for official Lego sets. I'd buy them all.

Edited by grahamf, 13 February 2014 - 07:02 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

If anyone has played 3D Dot Game Heroes you can get a good idea of what I have in mind. That game was a tribute to games like Ys & Legend of Zelda.

I think after playing and finishing and really enjoying Lego City Undercover I would love Nintendo to get Travelers Tales (asked me 10 years ago to say anything good on TT and kicked you in the groin) to work on a Zelda with Lego's for Wii U. I know after Hyrule Warriors and WWHD and Zelda U a lot out there but never stopped Nintendo before or people buying it. 

Be very similar to Dot Game. Top Down like old Zeldas. Heck maybe a Lego version of Zelda NES..maybe. Or something new. Eithe rway I would like to see this happen. Anyone else be on board if this happened?

3D Dot Games Heroes? You're back to your senses, Ryudo! Hug Me!

hug%2Bme.jpg

#4 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:12 AM

I think Lego would be actually a great company to licence your characters to for physical Lego sets IMO rather than videogames.

#5 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

No, that wouldn't work at all. Nothing that makes Zelda games good are in any Lego games (the puzzles, the quirky, sometimes disturbing NPC:s and the free exploration). The only Lego games I liked were the Star Wars games, because of the humourous parody on the films, and Lego City Undercover, because it was... kind of fun. What made these games good is completely separate from Zelda games.

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

No, that wouldn't work at all. Nothing that makes Zelda games good are in any Lego games (the puzzles, the quirky, sometimes disturbing NPC:s and the free exploration).

?

Take Lego City Undercover as an example.

there's a lot of puzzles. They may not be as intricate as some of the Zelda puzzles, but they do require you to swap between abilities to solve

NPCs can be programmed to have any personality.

The overworld is HUGE, and there's a lot of things to do in the missions also. the only difference is that you can't backtrack as much as you can in a Zelda dungeon.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:32 AM

I don't like the idea, simply because ears.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

?

Take Lego City Undercover as an example.

there's a lot of puzzles. They may not be as intricate as some of the Zelda puzzles, but they do require you to swap between abilities to solve

NPCs can be programmed to have any personality.

The overworld is HUGE, and there's a lot of things to do in the missions also. the only difference is that you can't backtrack as much as you can in a Zelda dungeon.

All of the puzzles in Lego CU are dead easy, and they always tell you how to solve them. I also feel that part of the personalities of the characters in Zelda games lie in their appearences, it wouldn't fit at all with the Lego style. I feel a game series like Darksiders would be a better fit for a Lego game...

#9 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

Something like this, maybe old but I still like it

http://www.wallpaper...nd-of-zelda.jpg

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Basically this just with Lego and Zelda

lego-zelda-7-455x640.jpg

LEGO sets are an extremely popular toy for many, and with the new LEGO Cuusoo voting system, we’ve seen more and more franchises given the LEGO treatment. Cuusoo is a way for the community to vote on community ideas to be turned into an actual LEGO product. It’s one of the reasons we now have LEGO Minecraft blocks. Several different games have popped up on the Cuusoo project page, but none of them have been as ambitious as this The Legend of Zelda series.

This project already has the necessary votes to be considered by the company behind LEGO, but Nintendo will also have to sign off on the idea as it uses their IP. Still, it’s a neat look at something that could potentially become a reality in the future if everyone involved signs off on it. Would you purchase this LEGO set if it were to become a reality?

lego-zelda-4-200x120.jpg lego-zelda-6-200x120.jpg lego-zelda-5-200x120.jpg
lego-zelda-2-200x120.jpg lego-zelda-1-200x120.jpg lego-zelda-3-200x120.jpg

oxWNNAv.jpg

Edited by Ryudo, 17 February 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#11 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Of all Nintendo franchises i think Pikmin could probably work as a LEGO game.

A LEGO Zelda game would be really different.

#12 Tibetan Monk

Tibetan Monk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • NNID:Tibetan_Monk

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

I would buy it instantly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!