• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 popmanw

popmanw

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

What I would like to see on the Wii U is a main Mario adventure that returns to Peach's Castle from Super Mario 64. It needs a good old classic feeling from the Mario 64 days, but with a new twist. Instead of Peach being kidnapped, all the different coloured Toads and Yoshis should be kidnapped and scattered throughout various worlds. Mario's quest is to save them all, and defeat Bowser at the end. The idea of rescuing people scattered throughout worlds comes from the N64 Banjo Kazooie adventure, where you could rescue various Jingos. It should be a game that goes back to the 3D basics, and skip all the tropical islands (SMS) and space walks (SMG).

In terms of online features, there should be a wifi option on the main menu. This could launch a hub level where you see others walking around. Here, you can speak to people and play in mini games etc. For the main gameplay, there should also be a true Co-op feature where 2 players can play on a split-screen or via wifi, being Mario and Luigi. One player could do one task whilst the other does something else. Maybe rescue two characters at once.

As it is the Wii U, stunning HD visuals should be present in the game. Even night scenes with thunder/lightening outside the castle would have a great touch.

Attached is fan box art for the game.

Please tell me what you think of this idea ?

popmanw_supermariou.png

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

hmm, i totally agree on getting a new mario adventure, and i like the idea of going back to the castle, but i would like to see a sunshine two just as much as this idea. i think both would be equally awesome, the online feature however i think would be pointless and a waste of the team's time, i love that nintendo only include online features when it really works and is necessary, in this case, it really isnt. the scattering of toads throughout the world is a cool story, but i think it should be done ASWELL as have peach be kidnapped cos its tradition (especially for a classic return to the castle).

and nice box art ;)

Edited by Crackkat, 26 December 2011 - 09:08 PM.

Posted Image

#3 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

they could make it so the multiplayer is unlocked after a certain point and is a separate campaign that could include things from the other games or something

#4 popmanw

popmanw

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

Cool ideas.

For WiFi features, couldn't the main campaign feature simultaneous co-op game-play, one being Mario as the other is Luigi? Instead of doing one course at a time, two people could do different things and see each other walk past on occasion. Then you could have a star or character rescue chart, to track the others progress.

#5 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Great ideas, but I would like to see time implemented into the game along with different weather patterns in sync with the time of year/ the actual weather outside.

Also multi-player would work well with the wii U's tablet controller and it could work as Mario 64 was gonna be two player but due to memory and time limitations they had to drop it.
Posted Image

#6 Fire Mario

Fire Mario

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario! Pokemon, Kirby, and much more.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

The ideas are great, if this game came out I would get it as soon as I get the Wii U. It would be great if multiplayer was available and the controls should be straightforward. The weather idea could work really well and maybe you can set what weather you can have in specific locations but some locations may be unnecessary.

If it's like Super Mario 64 but with better graphics and a new story, etc then this will sell millions of copies. I hope to see SMS again too but with a new story, weather, controls, etc. I love the box art, Well done!
Posted Image

#7 Jumbo Worm

Jumbo Worm

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Earthworm Jim, Metroid

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

I think the next big Mario game should be structured like Super Mario 3D Land, only with huge levels and tons of exploration. Recreate the feeling of Super Mario 64, without the 'collect all the stars' mechanic. Deepen the story a bit more. Add some characters, like Wario and Waluigi. Make Metal Mario a villain with Bowser. Tons of unique bosses, not just the same ones repeated until the final boss. Co-op. New power-ups a gimmicks are a must. Those awesome level tropes from SM3DL? Need more of those. Just because the power stars are gone, doesn't mean there aren't tons of collectibles in the levels.

Maybe an online battle mode like in Super mario 64 DS. Who can get more coins, or simple races to the end. Co-op would be online as well.
Posted Image

#8 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

I think that the home console games should still have stars but keep the flagpoles for future hand held games
But there should be tons of collectibles defiantly like mario Sunshine's blue coins
Posted Image

#9 popmanw

popmanw

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

I think the next big Mario game should be structured like Super Mario 3D Land, only with huge levels and tons of exploration. Recreate the feeling of Super Mario 64, without the 'collect all the stars' mechanic. Deepen the story a bit more. Add some characters, like Wario and Waluigi. Make Metal Mario a villain with Bowser. Tons of unique bosses, not just the same ones repeated until the final boss. Co-op. New power-ups a gimmicks are a must. Those awesome level tropes from SM3DL? Need more of those. Just because the power stars are gone, doesn't mean there aren't tons of collectibles in the levels.

Maybe an online battle mode like in Super mario 64 DS. Who can get more coins, or simple races to the end. Co-op would be online as well.

I think that the home console games should still have stars but keep the flagpoles for future hand held games
But there should be tons of collectibles defiantly like mario Sunshine's blue coins

Thanks for the comments :)

As per original post, the concept of this fan game is to rescue and collect missing characters who have been scattered/dropped around various levels by Bowser. These characters could mainly include various coloured Toad's and Yoshi's, but could also feature special characters as well (if you could think of any, please share). This idea came from Banjo Kazooie (N64) where you could rescue Jingo's.

Maybe the castle hub level could have a gallery room where you can see all the people you have saved? As with Mario Kart Wii competitions via Nintendo WFC, Nintendo could also drop special characters in the game to be rescued on occasion.

Edited by popmanw, 29 December 2011 - 05:50 PM.

#10 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

why not have it similar to mario 64 ds where, when you save the main characters, you could play as them and they could do things you couldnt. you could also bring stories and characters from the other mario series like wario land and the star children from yoshi's island and so on

#11 popmanw

popmanw

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

why not have it similar to mario 64 ds where, when you save the main characters, you could play as them and they could do things you couldnt. you could also bring stories and characters from the other mario series like wario land and the star children from yoshi's island and so on

Good idea Chipvader!

After all this, I've just realised it is is fan game LOL. It would be so cool, and all these ideas are top! Just why can't Nintendo think of the same ideas. If we can think of them, why cannot they create the same 'strong' ideas?

Edited by popmanw, 30 December 2011 - 06:37 AM.

#12 Jumbo Worm

Jumbo Worm

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Earthworm Jim, Metroid

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:21 AM

...and Waluigi. Don't forget Waluigi. The guy needs to appear in a mainstream game.

The only things characters did differently in SM64DS was the special blocks that gave you abilities, and every now and then you would NEED a character, like Mario for the race missions with that Koopa guy whose name escapes me, and for the Bowser battles. They would really need to expand on the different moves and attributes. Maybe Wario could use his shoulder bash move to break certain walls and blocks, and we all know Luigi can jump higher then Mario, giving him access to new areas. Waluigi could run up walls or swim through the air for a brief second. Mario has the basic moves.

As for power ups, they could bring back the switch blocks that you had to find to activate the colored blocks. They all get power ups like the fire flower, mega mushroom, and tanooki leaf, but everyone has their own power ups. Mario gets the wing cap and p-balloon. Luigi could have the invisibility cap and boomerang plant. Wario would have the metal cap and the power garlic, which allows him to do a long shoulder bash charge breaking even bigger blocks and destroying larger enemies. Waluigi mini mushroom and tornado flower, which gives him the ability to spin upwards like the propeller suit did, just it looks cooler.

Man, I need to stop writing so much...
Posted Image

#13 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

i dont see why they cant do this since sun shine had cutscenes and the galaxy games were pretty cinematic and climactic

#14 popmanw

popmanw

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:56 AM

I hear that the EAD department at Nintendo have started on the next main 3D Mario title for Wii U. Let's just hope they go in the right direction, I personally do not want to see yet another new region like with Sunshine and Galaxy. A return to the Mushroom Kingdom with Peach's Castle is a must have. Mario Galaxy-styled levels could even feature in such a game, once Mario enters the portraits.

#15 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:05 AM

I really like your ideas and they can definetly work. I cant wait for the 2015 30th anniversary title!

#16 Metroid

Metroid

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

I'll be happy if there's co-op mode and if it's an exploring game like Super Mario 64 in the next Mario game for the Wii U. Mario and Luigi, using teamwork to reach high obstacles and beat epic bosses together.
I like the idea, but I don't know if it'll ever happen though...

#17 popmanw

popmanw

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

All we can do is hope really. I love Nintendo and the things they have created over the past, but sometimes I do not like it when they have an idea set in their heads, and are dead against online play and hd graphics / physics.

#18 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

All we can do is hope really. I love Nintendo and the things they have created over the past, but sometimes I do not like it when they have an idea set in their heads, and are dead against online play and hd graphics / physics.

um im pretty sure the wiiu is hd and maybe it will have great physics considering how much power it has

#19 WoahJake

WoahJake

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

I think it would be cool if you had travel into new paintings and then for some nostalgic reasons there could be A delfino painting and a Galaxy Painting! I want Mario to think bowsers the bad guy but in the end he finds that bowser is being controlled by some evil force, I'd like to search for stars as well, every couple stars could unlock a door that leads to a shroom. and then all the shrooms unlock a giant safe in the end containing princess peach

#20 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

all we need to do Is to take the good things of every Mario and make a great one

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!