NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:29 AM

He saves cats?

Take my money. Nao.

#3 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

Can't remember the last time i saw a Sonic comercial, btw...

This one was funny!

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

Can't remember the last time i saw a Sonic comercial, btw...

This one was funny!

I like it too. There was one for Lost World's but I don't think it is nearly as good.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:35 AM

I like it too. There was one for Lost World's but I don't think it is nearly as good.

Never watched it before.
Yeah, it isn't as good.

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:13 PM

Not going to lie this game has been growing on me... Yes it is not what anyone expected but maybe they can pull off a decent game. gamefly and check it out

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

Tuesday will be here before you know it.... release day.. I bet it scores lower then Lost Worlds.

#8 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

Tuesday will be here before you know it.... release day.. I bet it scores lower then Lost Worlds.

I bet it scores lower yet will be better in many facets.

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:31 PM

I bet it scores lower yet will be better in many facets.

lol no. It's the only proper 3D Sonic. It actually follows the same game mechanics and level design philosophy that Sonic 1-3 on Genesis did. Everything else was just speed and Sonic is not about just speed but momentum and Speed as a reward. No boost crap no straight line level design. None of that garbage.

#10 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

lol no. It's the only proper 3D Sonic. It actually follows the same game mechanics and level design philosophy that Sonic 1-3 on Genesis did. Everything else was just speed and Sonic is not about just speed but momentum and Speed as a reward. No boost crap no straight line level design. None of that garbage.

The original Sonic games were pretty great. But to say that Sonic Lost World is like them, is like saying that Final Fantasy X is like Final Fantasy IV. Sure both start with a cast of unknown characters and have good battles and plot twists. But I feel like something gets changed in the process.

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:57 PM

The original Sonic games were pretty great. But to say that Sonic Lost World is like them, is like saying that Final Fantasy X is like Final Fantasy IV. Sure both start with a cast of unknown characters and have good battles and plot twists. But I feel like something gets changed in the process.

You don't even know what you're talking about. No one mentioned characters or plot. Listen and read carefully.

Sonic Lost World is a Genesis game put in 3D with it's overall level design philosophy and mechanic. Past 3D Sonics rely on one thing. Speed. That's not how Sonic games are supposed to work. Sure Colors and Gens added platforming but it was still in a straight linear path. Point A to Point B. You could not branch. Sonic on Genesis would have branching paths. It had obstacles. You avoice obstacles and get a momentum going the game would reward you with speed. Lost World did the exact same thing. The game is also using ideas from Sonic Extreme. Lost World also mixed things up in variety.

tJklIAe.png

The top one is what Lost World did. Sonic 06 and forward was the straight line. Sonic Boom is doing the same crap past 3D games did and got wrong. The games became so bad the game was almost automatic and you were not in control. Be like if Mario moved in a straight line and the game auto jumped. It's bad.

Just take Sonic on Genesis flip the perspective behind his back and bam. If you don't get that then you don't understand hwo Sonic was designed.

Edited by Ryudo, 08 November 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#12 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

You don't even know what you're talking about. No one mentioned characters or plot. Listen and read carefully.

Sonic Lost World is a Genesis game put in 3D with it's overall level design philosophy and mechanic. Past 3D Sonics rely on one thing. Speed. That's not how Sonic games are supposed to work. Sure Colors and Gens added platforming but it was still in a straight linear path. Point A to Point B. You could not branch. Sonic on Genesis would have branching paths. It had obstacles. You avoice obstacles and get a momentum going the game would reward you with speed. Lost World did the exact same thing. The game is also using ideas from Sonic Extreme. Lost World also mixed things up in variety.
tJklIAe.png

The top one is what Lost World did. Sonic 06 and forward was the straight line. Sonic Boom is doing the same crap past 3D games did and got wrong. The games became so bad the game was almost automatic and you were not in control. Be like if Mario moved in a straight line and the game auto jumped. It's bad.

Just take Sonic on Genesis flip the perspective behind his back and bam. If you don't get that then you don't understand hwo Sonic was designed.

Explain to me how you aren't making a Fallacy of Composition, which is what I was after, and I'll let it go.

Nobody is arguing that the game has similar level design. But you said it's like the originals, which is a tall order. When the originals were funny, like the Dr. Robotnik animations, I laughed. Can't say the same about anything in Lost World. Sonic 2D had charm. Again, can't really say the same about Lost World.

I'll let it go though.

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

Explain to me how you aren't making a Fallacy of Composition, which is what I was after, and I'll let it go.

Nobody is arguing that the game has similar level design. But you said it's like the originals, which is a tall order. When the originals were funny, like the Dr. Robotnik animations, I laughed. Can't say the same about anything in Lost World. Sonic 2D had charm. Again, can't really say the same about Lost World.

I'll let it go though.

..ok so you laughed at one and not the other. That's not relevant. The gameplay is pretty much the same. That is all that matters, That's the point. What you liked is irrelevant to the point at hand. The point is how the game is designed. Boom looks to just be Unleashed (beat up sections) meets Heroes and both those games were terrible. I'm willing to give Boom a shot but not expecting anything worth playing. 3DS demo was any indication. The game is bad.

#14 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:58 PM

Will be fun messing around with all of the bugs in this game.m6RQOV.gif

Wtf. Money well spent. Game full of comedy. .. not cause of the great story and writing..

WatchfulDaringFlatcoatretriever.gif

Edited by Sorceror12, 09 November 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

Will be fun messing around with all of the bugs in this game.attachicon.gifm6RQOV.gif

Wtf. Money well spent. Game full of comedy. .. not cause of the great story and writing..

attachicon.gifWatchfulDaringFlatcoatretriever.gif

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:07 AM

Aside from the other bugs have a look at this scene. Totally looks like it's at the alpha stage. Animations of the airship are horrendous especially when disappearing over the cliff. It's shadow has horrible framerate, hardly any sound effects or change in the tempo of the music. 

ZNBH02r.gif

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:33 AM

I'm getting this game ASAP. I'm over defending it... at this point, it will just be fun to laugh at.

Edited by Porhorse, 10 November 2014 - 05:43 AM.

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:47 AM

I'm getting this game ASAP. I'm over defending it... at this point, it will just be fun to laugh at.

I'm still curious as to why they chose the cryengine for this game. I would love to see their thoughts to this. Time constraints are apparent in this game just by watching play throughs on youtube. It would be nice to see this game patched to fix some of the major issues, including some performance issues. A technical mess mixed with average to sub-par combat and level design just isn't a good combination. Many have said there are some bad frame rate issues in certain parts. 

#19 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:36 AM

I'm still curious as to why they chose the cryengine for this game. I would love to see their thoughts to this. Time constraints are apparent in this game just by watching play throughs on youtube. It would be nice to see this game patched to fix some of the major issues, including some performance issues. A technical mess mixed with average to sub-par combat and level design just isn't a good combination. Many have said there are some bad frame rate issues in certain parts.

Reason: http://mobile.silico...s-cryengine-3#1

My game developer opinion, is they just went by feeling among engines that would offer them support.

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:50 AM

Reason: http://mobile.silico...s-cryengine-3#1

My game developer opinion, is they just went by feeling among engines that would offer them support.

“You associate CryEngine with lush, tropical, beachy things. These are also things with which Sonic is associated, so they work together,” Frost said.
Read more at http://www.siliconer...1M2DoGrrE63Z.99

Empty and bland areas coupled with a weird art style throws this out the window. It's not the CryEngine itself, or the Wii U for that matter. It simply appears to be corners were cut for time restraints and some developer inexperience perhaps with the engine and/or wii u itself.

Edited by Sorceror12, 10 November 2014 - 06:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!