#1 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

Aliens: Colonial Marines director Brian Martel has told Nintendo Gamer magazine that the Wii U has more RAM than either the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and has a “really great processor”. Martel says that the Wii U version of Aliens: Colonial Marines will be one of the best looking versions of the game when it launches later this year.

“The machine itself will be one of the best looking versions of the game [sic]… because they’ve got more RAM than some of the other things [platforms]“, says Martel. “They’re late in the cycle so they’ve got this really great processor.” Well does this debunk the Wii U graphics worse then Xbox360 and PS3 rumor?

Posted Image

#2 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

It certainly helps debunk that goofy rumor that many take seriously.

#3 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

Not too much of a surprise to me really. Wii U absolutely needs to have a good amount of RAM, it's probably the biggest problem developers have with 360 and PS3. But it's nice to hear that the processor is good too. :laugh:

Posted Image

#4 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

POPULAR

Nope, this can't be true. It doesn't come from some random, anonymous source.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#5 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

+1 Internet for You
Posted Image

#6 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

LOL!!
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#7 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

The God Dev (unnamed devs) straight from the palace of Zeus has come again for us to bask in his glory with a new article http://www.computera...not-as-capable/ now The wiiu games look just as good but its just not capable and other than being weaker than the 360 and ps3 and only supporting one controller now its also suffering in complicated physics and AI because its CPU is Weak.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 04 April 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#8 Furhantomp

Furhantomp

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom hearts, Fire emblem, Zelda.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

"They're late in the cycle so they've got this really great processor."

I don't care about graphics, but this worries me.

#9 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

I would like to question the intelligence of these unnamed debs whom say the wii u is under powered. I often wonder if they even have the ability to develop on a platform in which the entire process has been layer out. The ps3 and xbox 360 have been out for years which means that methods have been developed to get everything out of them. So they take those same methods and try to place them on a new more sophisticated console. When they fail it's obviously the hardwares fault and not their own. So when they release the news, for some reason people take these unknown devs, who most likely are working on Dlist projects, and group them with all devs... With articles like... Developers Say wii u is less powerful then current gen.. It makes me a little angry

Posted Image

#10 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

OH thanks for god sake this came in.

I think i'll have to speculate on something .... nintendo does damage control here ... but they let it out with the use of different developers - it's somethign they said them selfs for the other stuff in an interview.

So i think it was a nicely timed response - seeing actualy words "more ram" and a really great processor is what people need to believe - but it's not nintendo that says that - that's the trick - developers saying that feels more belivable than the company behind the console.
Posted Image

#11 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Unfortunatly this is the equation ......
No power = no big 3rd party devs :(
I know the wii u is gettin good support from devs now, but in a year when the next box and ps4 arrives will they still be able to make lesser graphical quality games without compromise to there designs? I just pray nintendo gets it right

#12 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

A new rumor came 10 minutes ago, again…, that wii u is not capable of great AI and physics as ps3..
DON’T POST it as a new topic please.. as I am going to give you a link to read, what IBM itself said about the new cpu of wii U..
We all know that wii U will accommodate a power 7 cpu equal to Watson Brains computers..
And now they give an anonymous rumor that wii U will not be capable for AI and Physics..
STUPID bs..
Read this ORIGINAL article by IBM..! http://www-03.ibm.co...photo/34681.wss

They confirm us, that wii U will be 300% higher AI, physics and power than 360 or ps3.. even in some occasions PC..

Give this link as an answer, if a new anonymous rumor topic pops up.. it proves that wii U is 300% better in AI, speeds, Physics, etc...

Edited by Orion, 04 April 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#13 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

A new rumor came 10 minutes ago, again…, that wii u is not capable of great AI and physics as ps3..
DON’T POST it as a new topic please.. as I am going to give you a link to read, what IBM itself said about the new cpu of wii U..
We all know that wii U will accommodate a power 7 cpu equal to Watson Brains computers..
And now they give an anonymous rumor that wii U will not be capable for AI and Physics..
STUPID bs..

They confirm us, that wii U will be 300% higher AI, physics and power than 360 or ps3.. even in some occasions PC..

Give this link as an answer, if a new anonymous rumor topic pops up.. it proves that wii U is 300% better in AI, speeds, Physics, etc...

I beat you to the new article I posted it a few hours ago.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 04 April 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#14 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

There you go. This officially makes the "weaker than PS3/360' BS irrebutably false.

#15 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Yes ... I think we can all agree now quite definitively and it's no doubt what WiiU will be when it's done.

But ... as far as rumors go ...

HERE WE GO AGAIN :wacko:
Posted Image

#16 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

Now compare this to those "anonymous" rumours................... exactly.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

STUPID bs..

The world needs people like you.
Posted Image

#18 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

is going to be much better than that.. its 300% more ram inside the cpu, for thrilling gaming... that means it may be 500% better in physics and AI.. Dont forget that xbox and ps3 dont have AI... I cannot define how much percentage the word " thrilling " gets... but its much more.. better (I dont speak about the ram in wii U, but the ram inside the cpu - cache) Also never forget that the xenon cpu used the half threads to produce sound, as it didnt have dedicated sound chip. So dont believe any BS they tell u..

XBOX 360 CPU

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU

• 3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
  • 2 hardware threads per core; 6 hardware threads total
  • 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core; 3 total
  • 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
  • 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance

• 9 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor

• 500 MHz
  • 10 MB embedded DRAM
  • 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically-scheduled shader pipelines
  • Unified shader architecture
It is all in one..

Imagine now that the power7 cpu unmodified is 4 cores / 16 threads L1-L2 CACHE also L3 cache 4mb per core!!! Overall we have a cpu with 16mb L3 cache.. If nintendo cut it 50%, the most reasonable thing, is going to have 8 mb L3 cache (2mb per core), double than the new PS4 cpu leaks!! lol Also do never forget than the power 7 have 4 cores and 16 threads, and the Amd APU one, is just 4 core, they dont have threads... That means wii U is capable for 16 operations at the same time and the ps4 is capable for 4 operations at the same time.

so excuse me if I say that, I believe ps4 will NOT HAVE touch screen controllers, except if they add extra cpu to maintain the controllers. Its more than enough for console gaming though.... So I believe the rumor before this leaks, saying that sony will NOT invest a lot of money, in ps4... And dont believe the rumors that ps4 will get an amd 7950 gpu, because the APU alone, is not capable to push the graphic card, at all... Is more like having an elephant and a turtle is pushing the elephant to move forward.. The only positive thing with ps4 APU is the included gpu with 400 unified shaders, also the extra small gpu they will add into it.. Overal is going to be a strong capable graphic machine...

Now if sony use controler screens, but limited, not to act like the nintendo ones, who need cpu power to show this virtual environments (to navigate the game world with the controller, like a second window, more like 2 different consoles in 1)... Yes, is going to have screen controllers (but more passive) to get the basics from the gpu, I hope u get the point, what I mean..

Edited by Orion, 10 April 2012 - 07:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!