Photo

should we have a pinned possible facts list?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

it seems after this (probably not the last) leak, we should probably pin a rumored facts
(it is probably true but not really confirmed)
i seem to have some time on hand to be able to edit this post to every posters desire, and it seems we need something on this before the "good guesses" get burried

i can start us off, but i really got to sleep soon, have fun posting away every possible fact you know, remeber to add in the fact, the explination, the source of rumor (if possible) and the source of "true" evidence for or against the rumor
each possible fact will have a short discription, what it would mean, and the sources that back up this rumor (or sources that dont back up the rumor), along with being in its respectable column

most likely true (has "true" and confirming evidence, but is not officially announced yet)

possibly true (a good amount of "true" evidence but no confirming evidence)
IBM-based RAM - which should allow for 4mb cache per core (http://www-03.ibm.co...photo/34681.was)

concepted (possible to happen but with little "true" evidence{a single quote})
nfc "gamer card" - a portable device in which you can use very much like the 3ds street pass (source)

rumored (new or unplausable ideas that also lack of standing evidence)
wiiu<ps3 or 360- nuff said

Edited by uh20, 01 May 2012 - 05:44 PM.

:laugh:

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

I agree.

#3 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

NFC was announced by Nintendo back in January, which is why I don't get all the shock with the Rayman Trailer, that's confirmed end of.

Edited by Stulaw90, 30 April 2012 - 05:10 AM.

#4 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

Confirmed facts

1) IBM power7 quad core / 16 threads, from 2.7-3.3 ghz, 4mb cpu cache for thrilling AI games and performance. In computer language this cpu at stock can offer 95-96 GFLOPS of real performance, not just in theory.
(take notice that the cpu comes from 2.4 up to 3.3 ghz, but there is not even a single rumor or leak, speaking for that low Ghz).

2) AMD modern and reach chipset. At E3 wii U got a 4xxx series, but there is a huge possibility and leaks, that nintendo choose a different GPU, smaller, less heat and power consumption, but also performs better.

3) 768 or 1,5 gigs of ram (shared). The second is a more logical entry.

Rumors

1) The AMD gpu that wii U got, is a 6xxx series with 680 unified shaders. That gives real horse power for many years and also true competitor to ps4 and xbox720. (If wii U is more than 500, then it will be fine by me).
2) Many known developers and companys say that wii U is trully powerful and a real next generation console. Not a bridge or a highway (lol), connection between the current and the next gen.
3) rumor about many games, some of them confirmed, most of them unconfirmed.

Anonymous rumors

1) Wii U is less powerful than current gen.
2) Wii U will fail and nobody will support it.
3) Wii U is bad, nintendo must die
4) Wii U cost 180 dollars in total, to built.
5) and many others.

And personally I dont care about NFC cards or products like that.. I prefer wii U horse power over this things.. Not my thing.

Edited by Orion, 30 April 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

Confirmed facts

1) IBM power7 quad core / 16 threads, from 2.7-3.3 ghz, 4mb cpu cache for thrilling AI games and performance. In computer language this cpu at stock can offer 95-96 GFLOPS of real performance, not just in theory.
(take notice that the cpu comes from 2.4 up to 3.3 ghz, but there is not even a single rumor or leak, speaking for that low Ghz).

2) AMD modern and reach chipset. At E3 wii U got a 4xxx series, but there is a huge possibility and leaks, that nintendo choose a different GPU, smaller, less heat and power consumption, but also performs better.

3) 768 or 1,5 gigs of ram (shared). The second is a more logical entry.

Rumors

1) The AMD gpu that wii U got, is a 6xxx series with 680 unified shaders. That gives real horse power for many years and also true competitor to ps4 and xbox720. (If wii U is more than 500, then it will be fine by me).
2) Many known developers and companys say that wii U is trully powerful and a real next generation console. Not a bridge or a highway (lol), connection between the current and the next gen.
3) rumor about many games, some of them confirmed, most of them unconfirmed.

Anonymous rumors

1) Wii U is less powerful than current gen.
2) Wii U will fail and nobody will support it.
3) Wii U is bad, nintendo must die
4) Wii U cost 180 dollars in total, to built.
5) and many others.

And personally I dont care about NFC cards or products like that.. I prefer wii U horse power over this things.. Not my thing.

I would like sources on your 'facts'. As far as i know, it's just rumours that seem plausible. I know Power7 was confirmed tho.
No sig.

#6 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

is in the official IBM website news ... its not a placebo.. search the announcement section of IBM, related with NINTENDO wii U. As for GPU leaks, there is 2 leaks..

1st) Nintendo changed the chipset to something newer smaller, less heat and consumption - by BEYOND3D forum (very reliable I can say, its rare for them to make a leak)
2nd) Wii U got a 6xxx series card with 680 unified shaders, someone post it here, about an article that went down after some minutes of publicity...

I posted several times the links here, from beyond3d and ibm.. but everybody seems to LOVE endorse, beg.. hug... make love.. love.. the anonymous rumors... SO SEARCH my older posts to.. I cant help u more than that.

ps: I ve posted this article by beyond3d twice here.. but in my search, I cant find it.. Probably is being removed by the moders. Maybe anonymous rumors and console fights, keep the juice up..
I cant make an effort and be bothered more for it, wait 1 month and we will see..

take the IBM ones..
https://twitter.com/#!/IBMWatson/statuses/78473693843562498
http://www-03.ibm.co...lease/34683.wss
http://www-03.ibm.co...photo/34681.wss

Edited by Orion, 30 April 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

Thanks
No sig.

#8 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

No problem..

There is a reason why people SHOULDN'T even bother to speak about ps3 and xbox360 rumors, as more capable. This articles always stated that wii U "is not that capable, have no many unified shaders" THis is a totally busted statement.

To refresh your memory, or to en-reach your knowledge about that, you can also find this info in WikiPedia.

1) When originally xbox360 released, it was the first year for the gpu's to have Unified shaders and cuda for nvidia. The first gpu with shaders, came with 64 unified shaders and that was the gpu that microsoft used for xbox360! But they cut the shaders by 25% for heat and power consumption reasons.. So XBOX360, have 48 unified shaders!! They used a card equivalent to ATI xt1900

2) PS3 dont have cuda or shaders at all!! it has the old technology graphics, before even shaders invented.. lol They used a card equivalent to gtx7xx nvidia series.

the last couple of years, cards got lots of unified shaders and cudas. I mean alot.. not just 64 or 48.. 1000-2000-3000 So lets say that Nintendo use a 2 year old chipset (a speculation) with 800 shaders on it, they will cut it but its crazy to say that will reduce it to zero!!! Lets say 25%, it gives us 640-680 shaders... Lets say 50% (extreme) it gives us 400 unified shaders.. So even if I wanted to, I cant believe this rubbish, that other do and support.

If nintendo trully underpowered their gpu to nearly zero horse power... from 800 or 1000, to 10... then I dont think they pointing to hardcore and 3rd party support at all!.. I would never buy a next gen console with such an underpowered specs. Except if it was extremely cheap, less than 360 overall retail cost. So I hope for 16rops and 500-700 unified shaders, to be fully satisfied for wii U, as a feature proof console. About 1.2, 1.3 tflops

So tell me, how is it possible for an anonymous developer to say " wii U got less shaders than ps3"... when ps3 dont have any, at all.. hahahahaha

Edited by Orion, 30 April 2012 - 12:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!