• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

Wii U patent reveals Wii U controller port design

Posted Image

Nintendo patent shows Balance Board with rumble accessory

Posted Image Sources: http://gonintendo.co...story&id=176874 http://gonintendo.co...story&id=176871

Posted Image

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

What the heck? A balance board with a rumble accessory? Is there going to be a surfing game where it rumbles when riding a wave?

#3 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

What the heck? A balance board with a rumble accessory? Is there going to be a surfing game where it rumbles when riding a wave?

Thats a possibility, I wonder what would happen with a tsunami. :blink:
Posted Image

#4 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

It sort of looks like an e-SATA port for some reason, although it's not exactly the same shape, it's probably for charging.

As for the Balance board add on, yeah, I can see some games that could make use of it, how about a horror game where you walk around a house using the balance board, and something suddenly graps your feet causing the board, and not the controller to vibrate.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

It sort of looks like an e-SATA port for some reason, although it's not exactly the same shape, it's probably for charging.

As for the Balance board add on, yeah, I can see some games that could make use of it, how about a horror game where you walk around a house using the balance board, and something suddenly graps your feet causing the board, and not the controller to vibrate.

At e3 2011, the charge port was at the top, covered by a piece of silicone.
That model also still had a connection port on the bottom of the unit, though I thought it looked more like the one on the wiimote.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

At e3 2011, the charge port was at the top, covered by a piece of silicone.
That model also still had a connection port on the bottom of the unit, though I thought it looked more like the one on the wiimote.

I just looked at the last years E3 design, and the patent's port was at the bottom. (picture 4)

http://e3.nintendo.c.../gallery/device

Edited by Stulaw90, 08 May 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#7 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

how about a horror game where you walk around a house using the balance board, and something suddenly graps your feet causing the board, and not the controller to vibrate.

Ohgods I can see more than one person flailing off their board. I don't think having a raised platform you're standing on spontaneously rumble while something scares you is very safe. xD
I can't wait to see what uses it'll have though. Hopefully something decent.
Posted Image

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

Ohgods I can see more than one person flailing off their board. I don't think having a raised platform you're standing on spontaneously rumble while something scares you is very safe. xD
I can't wait to see what uses it'll have though. Hopefully something decent.

Disaster: Day of Crisis 2 confirmed for Wii U!
(Disaster is a game about the end of the world, hence earthquakes)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

Disaster: Day of Crisis 2 confirmed for Wii U!
(Disaster is a game about the end of the world, hence earthquakes)

I was actually thinking that as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!