#1 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

Wired has managed to scoop some screens of Epic Games next generation video game engine Unreal Engine 4. Epic Games unveiled the engine to developers in February, a week before the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. Representatives from Microsoft, Sony, Nvidia, and the most influential game developers in the industry all had a chance to see the fruits of Epic Games labour. Epic has yet to reveal whether Wii U games will run on Unreal Engine 4.Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I personally do not think this makes The Samaritan demo look like "crap". I find the snowy mountain one very impressive though, do you guy's think the Wii U can run this?

Source: http://mynintendonew...nreal-engine-4/

Edited by Chinomanila, 17 May 2012 - 09:08 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

Well, if the Wii U could handle this... Would be really really good. The snow area looks impressive, though I would like to see a screen with more close up, to see details and stuff. And one for better ligthing.

Now that it is leaked, I bet it won't be long until an official reveal.

Edit: This is in-game right?

Edited by Keviin, 17 May 2012 - 08:49 AM.

No sig.

#3 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Well, if the Wii U could handle this... Would be really really good. The snow area looks impressive, though I would like to see a screen with more close up, to see details and stuff. And one for better ligthing.

Now that it is leaked, I bet it won't be long until an official reveal.

Edit: This is in-game right?

Most likely, I doubt Epic would show something that is not. I also agree about the official reveal.

Edited by Chinomanila, 17 May 2012 - 08:54 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

Most likely, I doubt Epic would show something that is not. I also agree about the official reveal.

Someone in the comments (on the link you posted) made an interesting point: Nintendo should show a new game using UE4, but before showing a trailer, don't say it is UE4. People think it will look alright but nothing special. If Nintendo later tells us it's UE4, after the trailer, peoples minds will explode, lol.

I think Nintendo could win a LOT by showing us a UE4 game. Like, gaining a lot of respect and new potential buyers.

But at the same time, I have low hopes for UE4 to come to the Wii U. It is said that it could only run on very high-end PCs, but then again, a dev which I can't remember said the Wii U could run like a high-end PC.
No sig.

#5 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Someone in the comments (on the link you posted) made an interesting point: Nintendo should show a new game using UE4, but before showing a trailer, don't say it is UE4. People think it will look alright but nothing special. If Nintendo later tells us it's UE4, after the trailer, peoples minds will explode, lol.

I think Nintendo could win a LOT by showing us a UE4 game. Like, gaining a lot of respect and new potential buyers.

But at the same time, I have low hopes for UE4 to come to the Wii U. It is said that it could only run on very high-end PCs, but then again, a dev which I can't remember said the Wii U could run like a high-end PC.

That would be so sick, if Nintendo really wants to get core gamers on the Wii U bandwagon they have to get Unreal Engine 4 up an running on it. imo BTW Some new pictures of it above.
Posted Image

#6 jackedward17

jackedward17

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarFox, DK, Mario, Zelda

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

Very nice! Lets just cross our fingers....

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

Dat 4th picture. There's some weird kind of effect over it though, but still looks awesome.

So, UE4 graphics are basically what we see in cutscenes nowadays instead of in-game. That's quite the jump forward, but not the ultra-big leap from, say, Xbox > 360. On the other side, these are just a few screenshots of one particular engine, so it still doesn't say much.

Nintendo should really use UE4 for a Metroid game or something. So please, let the rumors be true.
No sig.

#8 jackedward17

jackedward17

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Dat 4th picture. There's some weird kind of effect over it though, but still looks awesome.

So, UE4 graphics are basically what we see in cutscenes nowadays instead of in-game. That's quite the jump forward, but not the ultra-big leap from, say, Xbox > 360. On the other side, these are just a few screenshots of one particular engine, so it still doesn't say much.

Nintendo should really use UE4 for a Metroid game or something. So please, let the rumors be true.

Yeah there is like a blue blur over the middle...

I wonder what cutscenes are going to look like now! ^_^

Another good game in my opinion would be Legend of Zelda......

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

Yeah there is like a blue blur over the middle...

I wonder what cutscenes are going to look like now! ^_^

Another good game in my opinion would be Legend of Zelda......

Yeah well, Zelda was what I was first thinking, but Metroid looks more "realistic".

I want to see UE4 screenshots in a more modern setting, or in a jungle or some bright, sunny area like that. Just to show off shadowing and lighting effects, which are veeeeeery important.
No sig.

#10 jackedward17

jackedward17

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Yeah well, Zelda was what I was first thinking, but Metroid looks more "realistic".

I want to see UE4 screenshots in a more modern setting, or in a jungle or some bright, sunny area like that. Just to show off shadowing and lighting effects, which are veeeeeery important.

YES.

Speaking of jungle... I nice platforming game for Donkey Kong ala Donkey Kong Country would be awesome.
It doesn't have to look realistic per say. It would keep its cartoon charm, but the advancements in shading and details would blow people away.

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

YES.

Speaking of jungle... I nice platforming game for Donkey Kong ala Donkey Kong Country would be awesome.
It doesn't have to look realistic per say. It would keep its cartoon charm, but the advancements in shading and details would blow people away.

Hmm yes, interesting. DK's fur could look really awesome for example, or the palmtrees with some awesome lighting effects and realistic movements etc..
No sig.

#12 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

those graphics look amazing, it would be awesome if the UE4 is able to support Wii U development.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#13 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

Sorry for caps lock... My excitement level was over 9000.

AWESOOMNESSS!! I REALLY HOPE WII U GETS THIS KIND OF GRAPHICS, THIS IS REALLY NEXT GEN!!! AAAHH HURRY E3!

DO EVERYONE UNDERSTAND GRAPHICS NOW!? IMAGINE A ZELDA WITH THESE GRAPHICS OR METROID SHOOTER OR MARIO!!!

Edited by Hinkik, 17 May 2012 - 10:52 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#14 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

YES.

Imagine if it looked like this.
Just picture the stone heads with Donkey Kongs face instead and some jungle beats.

Edited by Chinomanila, 17 May 2012 - 11:13 AM.

Posted Image

#15 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

I dunno about the regular models and textures, but god DAMN those lighting effects, especially in the third pic and the snowy mountain one, are AMAZING! :laugh:

Might just be wishful thinking, but I got the same feel from the Wii U tech demos last year. Brilliant lighting effects, but only slightly improved models/textures. Assuming that the tech demos didn't show the full extent of Wii U power, AND that it's been upgraded in some way since then, it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that UE4 could run on Wii U.

Posted Image

#16 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Nice!

#17 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

I have zero doubts the Wii U can handle Unreal Engine 4.

The real question is if the Wii U can handle these graphics, which I doubt.

Engine =/= graphics

Edited by Smile, 17 May 2012 - 02:08 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Cryengine 3.4
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Which one looks better?

CryEngine 3.4 or Unreal Engine 4

Edited by Sportsgamer, 17 May 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#19 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

Cryengine 3.4
Posted Image

If you hadn't outright said that that was Cryengine 3.4, I would have been wondering why you had posted a picture of a random guy's face.
Posted Image

#20 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't see what's so mind blowing about new gen graphics?
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!