#1 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Off course everyone here knows this is the first time Nintendo (and any company I can think of to be honest..) put the analog sticks above the traditional ABYX/d-pad buttons. And to be honest, it looks quite good on the Gamepad. But will it feel right? Would it take too much effort/time to get really used to it?

I can adapt to any stick-placement currently at the market, and I think I'm gonna love this placement for some games. FPS games perhaps, it could feel more natural.

On the Pro Controller however, it seems less ergonomic, even though it will probably feel exactly the same. But the ABYX placement looks pretty.. Awkward on an otherwise beautiful looking controller. I think I will get used to it pretty quickly, but what are your thoughts?

I can see this ending up as another brainless anti-Nintendo argument.. Nintendo gives you classic style controllers and people will still not be statisfied. :P I by the way am, I'm glad they try something new. So this is no rant or something, just curiosity to your opinions.
No sig.

#2 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

People who are used to ps controllers always say xbox controllers are too clunky.xbox players don't like the layout of ps controllers. None of them are trolling, it's simply that you get used to the controller you use the most. I think the controller and the game pad will be a learning curve, but I don't see either breaking any TVs so we're already looking at a step up from the wii.lol
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#3 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

I get used to controller layouts pretty much straight away, so I'm not fussed, I literally had no learning curve what so ever with the Wii Remote (don't get how anyone does) and the Wii U gamepad and pro should be simple.

#4 MiSoRamen

MiSoRamen

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

I don't think we can really judge it until we get are hands on it. Based on pictures though, it looks like a step in the right direction. :)

Edited by MiSoRamen, 04 June 2012 - 08:15 AM.

Posted Image

#5 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

The only thing I dont like are the new sticks. I actually kije the 3ds circle pads, but I think once I get my hands on it ill be right at home.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#6 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

I like how they have all the button placements ergonomic. As for sticks above the buttons, I was a little surprised at first but that's been the trend so far with Nintendo so it makes sense, even if I'm used to the PS placement. It'd be like using a 3DS with a CPP, right? I don't get the big deal on if buttons are above or below.
Posted Image

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

But does someone else has different feelings about the Pad and Pro in terms of button placement, even though its exactly the same? It just looks so different and strange on the Pro, while it looks cool and natural on the pad.
No sig.

#8 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Naw for me they look equally strange. :P
Posted Image

#9 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

Looks fine for me.

#10 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Its fine. It wont be uncomfortable. Since when has Nintendo made something not comfortable?
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#11 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

For me it will take a little getting use to, I always found the dualshock controller to be the most comfortable. I also miss the circle pads, but I can't form an opinion until I have it in my hands.
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#12 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Its fine. It wont be uncomfortable. Since when has Nintendo made something not comfortable?

virtual boy lmao.

i agree though it does look a little weird but i guess we just have to wait until we can actually get our hands on it.

#13 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

I like the placements. It looks both stylish and hopefully ergonomic. Better than the old prototype in my opinion.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#14 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

I can learn it but would still prefer the buttons over the stick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!