#1 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

Credit for this idea goes to one of my internet friends who came up with it in a L4D2 match. :P

So, Waluigi is probably one of Nintendo's most unpopular and neglected characters. He's tall, lanky, skinny, ugly and generally unpleasant. He hasn't even been in a game aside from spinoffs like Mario Party and Mario Kart.

So, he needs his own game! The twist, however, is that it wouldn't be your typical happy-go-lucky Nintendo adventure. To go with Waluigi's style and flair, Waluigi World would be essentially constructed with the same general idea as Conker's Bad Fur Day. A rather vulgar, rude, immature, yet humorous 3D platformer starring Waluigi as he attempts to overcome his brother Wario's shadow and become a star in the Mario universe. The art style of the game would be somewhat gritty, yet still highly bold and colourful in it's own way. Think like the Super Mario Strikers artwork for example:

Posted Image
As for the story, there wouldn't need to be much of it. Much like Conker, Waluigi World wouldn't take itself too seriously, but would still have some form of overarching plot. Villains of the game would be drawn from many different Mario universe titles, with Bowser making an appearance of course but also the likes of King Boo, Wart, Donkey Kong, and even Mario himself could appear as an enemy for Waluigi. In addition to this, standard creatures and critters such as Goombas, Koopas, Piranha Plants, etc. would all make an appearance. The catch though would be that they would, like Waluigi, be modelled in a slightly gritty and more realistic way to fit the game's darker and more twisted atmosphere. Examples:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

To compliment these rather extravagant designs, it would be almost necessary that the game would use all of the Wii U's power to create the most disturbingly uncannily real world possible. Waluigi World would need to be one of the Wii U's most graphically beautiful games for this!

Waluigi World would, in general, definitely be a game for a more mature audience. But the use of familiar Nintendo characters and the long forgotten Waluigi would make it a very appealing title to some of the older Ninty fans perhaps. Plus the idea of Nintendo developing or publishing a game of such caliber, with their own IPs no less, would probably cause such a shock to the gaming world that it'd draw much more attention than any regular Waluigi game would.

I know something like this will never happen, but it's fun to speculate and the charm of the original Conker's Bad Fur Day is so strong that I've been dreaming for another new game to follow in it's footsteps ever since. Waluigi would be PERFECT for this. :D

Edited by Deadly Virus, 09 July 2012 - 08:41 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

I don't think that Nintendo would want to make a vulgar game that takes place within the Mario universe (as hilarious and awesome it would be). I think they should make a new game to sort or recapture the themes of Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Credit for this idea goes to one of my internet friends who came up with it in a L4D2 match. :P

So, Waluigi is probably one of Nintendo's most unpopular and neglected characters. He's tall, lanky, skinny, ugly and generally unpleasant. He hasn't even been in a game aside from spinoffs like Mario Party and Mario Kart.

So, he needs his own game! The twist, however, is that it wouldn't be your typical happy-go-lucky Nintendo adventure. To go with Waluigi's style and flair, Waluigi World would be essentially constructed with the same general idea as Conker's Bad Fur Day. A rather vulgar, rude, immature, yet humorous 3D platformer starring Waluigi as he attempts to overcome his brother Wario's shadow and become a star in the Mario universe. The art style of the game would be somewhat gritty, yet still highly bold and colourful in it's own way. Think like the Super Mario Strikers artwork for example:

Posted Image
As for the story, there wouldn't need to be much of it. Much like Conker, Waluigi World wouldn't take itself too seriously, but would still have some form of overarching plot. Villains of the game would be drawn from many different Mario universe titles, with Bowser making an appearance of course but also the likes of King Boo, Wart, Donkey Kong, and even Mario himself could appear as an enemy for Waluigi. In addition to this, standard creatures and critters such as Goombas, Koopas, Piranha Plants, etc. would all make an appearance. The catch though would be that they would, like Waluigi, be modelled in a slightly gritty and more realistic way to fit the game's darker and more twisted atmosphere. Examples:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

To compliment these rather extravagant designs, it would be almost necessary that the game would use all of the Wii U's power to create the most disturbingly uncannily real world possible. Waluigi World would need to be one of the Wii U's most graphically beautiful games for this!

Waluigi World would, in general, definitely be a game for a more mature audience. But the use of familiar Nintendo characters and the long forgotten Waluigi would make it a very appealing title to some of the older Ninty fans perhaps. Plus the idea of Nintendo developing or publishing a game of such caliber, with their own IPs no less, would probably cause such a shock to the gaming world that it'd draw much more attention than any regular Waluigi game would.

I know something like this will never happen, but it's fun to speculate and the charm of the original Conker's Bad Fur Day is so strong that I've been dreaming for another new game to follow in it's footsteps ever since. Waluigi would be PERFECT for this. :D

I like the idea of this and the style and i would probably buy this but i think nintendo would want to make a vulgar game in the mario series

#4 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

WaUnlockable Mini Games: Waluigi Pinball

Waluigi is bad so the story should be your a villain instead of a good guy like Mario and Luigi. But Waluigi is the main character since everything is backwards. The art style can be dark and like a cartoony colorful Madworld.

#5 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

Great idea! You should some sort of combat style and leveling up. Example: When Waluigi gains a level you could choose an upgrade for combat, health, defense, and flair (Critical hits).

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#6 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

It would be epic if retro were working on this
I could imagen it having a purple fog all over the HUB area
Posted Image

#7 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

Damn I would LOVE this! And I totally agree. Waluigi is underrated. What if his goal was to surpass his brother Wario who now has a whole Kingdom and the whole game would evolve through the competition between both brothers. They even could make both characters playable! ZOMG thats a crazy idea.
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!